Euros squad - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euros squad

ProudScot

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abit of a strange one for me.

A 26 man squad should only have 3 GKs so you would think that 1 of the 4 will drop out. 

That means that only 1 outfield player will drop out. Clarke has named 4 who have fitness question marks. Cooper, Hanley, Jack and Armstrong.

The noises were that Armstrong was doing well so im assuming Clarke has been told that he isnt an issue. Jack is back in training but as far as im aware has had zero game time. 

You would have to think that it will be a straight choice between Hanley and Cooper.

I dont think it will make a huge difference to who will play the games but I would have liked to have seen Doig, Johnstone and Barron in this provisional squad. A not fit Jack isnt a better option than Barron imo.

I'd have liked to have seen Fraser. Surprised to see Jack in there as I feel that's unjustified.

Assuming one of the goalkeepers drops and then one of Hanley/Armstrong Cooper. The first two because of fitness doubts and the latter because he's probably past it.

3 minutes ago, Andy of Lochcarron said:

Kelly -way short of what’s required & Jack hasn’t been any good for some time owing to number of injuries 

Agreed. He can't stay fit so hardly plays. I guess he's the only true defensive midfielder we have.

13 minutes ago, runningtings said:

Quite liked the wee video and great to see Doak and Forrest in, a nod towards a plan B.

Surprised Leanne Crichton isnt in the video

Glad to see Doak involved. A wildcard like that will be a moral boost.

Greg Taylor is a waste of a jersey. He has proven numerous times not to be up to international standards. Let's just hope Tierney and Robertson stay fit

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Ryan Jack being included is just bizarre

There’s a few favourites who rarely play on there tbf. Not surprised to see his name there. Guess he can also cover RB

When was the last time Jack played RB?

Just now, ProudScot said:

There’s a few favourites who rarely play on there tbf. Not surprised to see his name there. Guess he can also cover RB