Stonehaven Orange March - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

For the record, I stay in Kilmarnock and i don't think i can ever remember an orange walk here. 

Certainly isn't an orange lodge or the likes and if there was an orange walk, it must have been years, probably decades ago. Other parts of Ayrshire not so much but given Killie is the biggest town in Ayrshire, then i think it's fairly significant that there are none. 

Plenty areas of the central belt don't have them or entertain them. 

I'm sure the Granite City RSC or Peterhead True Blues that travel to every Rangers game would probably enjoy the orange walks. Thankfully in the minority. 

Just like the odd BNP/Britain first candidate that appears now and again.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

What a load of shit, the Broch was estimated 70% yes in the referendum,, it’s the snp heartlands where it carried the cause of independence pretty much by itself 

Dundee, Glasgow, North Lanarkshire & West Dumbartonshire the only areas that voted over 50% yes.

Likes of Inverclyde, North Ayrshire, East Ayrshire etc were all well above the 47% (Inverclyde was 49.9%, North Ayrshire 48.9% & East Ayrshire 47.2%).

If the Heartlands as you refer to them had even voted close to 50% we'd have got a yes vote. Instead, Aberdeen voted 41.4%, Aberdeen 39.6%, Edinburgh 38.9% etc. Certainly wasn't the "Weegies" who cost us independence. 

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Dundee, Glasgow, North Lanarkshire & West Dumbartonshire the only areas that voted over 50% yes.

Likes of Inverclyde, North Ayrshire, East Ayrshire etc were all well above the 47% (Inverclyde was 49.9%, North Ayrshire 48.9% & East Ayrshire 47.2%).

If the Heartlands as you refer to them had even voted close to 50% we'd have got a yes vote. Instead, Aberdeen voted 41.4%, Aberdeen 39.6%, Edinburgh 38.9% etc. Certainly wasn't the "Weegies" who cost us independence. 

not that I want to get involved in this argument but I would point out HL said the Broch - Fraserburgh voted 70% not Aberdeen or Aberdeenshire. I don't if the figures are correct but you are arguing a different point

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

For the record, I stay in Kilmarnock and i don't think i can ever remember an orange walk here. 

Certainly isn't an orange lodge or the likes and if there was an orange walk, it must have been years, probably decades ago. Other parts of Ayrshire not so much but given Killie is the biggest town in Ayrshire, then i think it's fairly significant that there are none. 

I'm sure the Granite City RSC or Peterhead True Blues that travel to every Rangers game would probably enjoy the orange walks. Thankfully in the minority. 

The Peterhead True blues is full of mutants, their members would be lucky if one of them can tie their own shoe laces. I cringe when I see them online. 

They would be like pigs in shit at an orange march. 

Thankfully Stonehaven has told this mob to go and royally fuck themselves. 10000 people signed the petition to stop this nonsense. 

Here is the organiser, very nice chap

https://archive.ph/orXfQ

27 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The Peterhead True blues is full of mutants, their members would be lucky if one of them can tie their own shoe laces. I cringe when I see them online. 

Thankfully Stonehaven has told this mob to go and royally fuck themselves. 10000 people signed the petition to stop this nonsense. 

They certainly are vermin. 

Thankfully, they seem to be a dying breed. Even the "Big" March every summer in Glasgow is nothing compared to what it once was. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

https://www.east-ayrshire.gov.uk/LawAndLicensing/PermissionsForMarchesAndParades/Marches-Parades-Processions/marches-parades-and-processions-2022.aspx

The Killie Purple Helmets are disappointed that you are unaware of their sterling community work

56 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I am actually quite amazed by that. I thought Kilmarnock would be rife with orange walks and orange lodges. 

Any idea why this is?

57 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Exactly, perhaps a few orange lodges up in the north east might push the independence vote up. 

I would guess that the orange walks in the west of Scotland tend to harden ppls attitudes towards being pro independence. 

Lol maybe the orange order are really undercover supporters of independence.

Maybe the knuckle dragging mutants theory in targeting Stonehaven for a fat snooker ref lookalike bigotfest is the close proximity to Royal Deeside and thinking the locals were all Royalist sympathisers who would rejoice to the sound of the auld party tunes.

Good on the locals in telling them to fuck right off

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

There’s a few houses in Peterhead flying union jacks & one dinosaur who’s flying a flag with William of orange on a horse, having witnessed them in action they are absolute cretins.

3 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Maybe the knuckle dragging mutants theory in targeting Stonehaven for a fat snooker ref lookalike bigotfest is the close proximity to Royal Deeside and thinking the locals were all Royalist sympathisers who would rejoice to the sound of the auld party tunes.

Good on the locals in telling them to fuck right off

Maybe a few of them have enjoyed their Glasgow trades holidays in a caravan at Stonehaven beach.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The heartlands of Banff and Buchan voted yes 

5 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The heartlands of Banff and Buchan voted yes 

The heartlands of Banff & Buchan have a lot of white settlers who either work up here or have sold their English properties for a fortune & bought relatively cheap bigger properties up here.

19 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

The heartlands of Banff & Buchan have a lot of white settlers who either work up here or have sold their English properties for a fortune & bought relatively cheap bigger properties up here.

Definitely since 2104, there has been a noticeable increase 

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I am actually quite amazed by that. I thought Kilmarnock would be rife with orange walks and orange lodges. 

Any idea why this is?

Tends to be a thing in the neighbouring villages rather than the town itself. When I was a kid in Kilmaurs I used to watch them pass and be quite impressed with the sound and colour of it, oblivious to the history behind the marches. I also used to wonder why the kids I recognised on the march were amongst the thickest at the school.

On 3/5/2024 at 4:54 PM, vanderark14 said:

Seems like a really nice guy indeed 🤣🤣 thick as shit clearly 

On 3/5/2024 at 5:37 PM, 0Neils40yarder said:

https://www.east-ayrshire.gov.uk/LawAndLicensing/PermissionsForMarchesAndParades/Marches-Parades-Processions/marches-parades-and-processions-2022.aspx

The Killie Purple Helmets are disappointed that you are unaware of their sterling community work

Kilmarnock Purple Heroes

Hurlford 9am Kilmarnock 5pm Crookedholm 5.40pm

Annual Boyne Celebrations 70 11 March 2022 8 April 2022 2 July 2022 Cancelled 

On 3/5/2024 at 5:40 PM, mccaughey85 said:

Any idea why this is?

Not entirely sure, you''ll get plenty in towns and villages in likes of Dreghorn, Patna, Drongan, Kilwinning etc but it's never been a big thing in Kilmarnock. My dad grew up in Killie and said it was same back then. 

The appeal is being heard on Thursday and seemingly the buses are coming up regardless. They've got the town hall booked from lunchtime until midnight with booze and food (not sure how??). Feel sorry for those that live down in the centre of town.