Your Fantasy Dinner Guests - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Fantasy Dinner Guests

If you could have a minimum of two or a maximum of five fantasy guests over for dinner, who would they be ?

Their background may be political, artistic, sporting, scientific, philanthropic or whatever you like really. Doesn't matter if they are living or dead.

Three I'd like to have....

Gordon Strachan: As a player, manager and all round wit, need I really say more ?

Tom Weir: Much missed writer, broadcaster, conservationist, climber and national treasure. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's interest in Scotland's landscape, history and culture was sparked by this friendly, soft-spoken, sprightly wee old man and his red woolly hat. He always spoke with such a passion and a confidence in Scotland that was infectious.

James Maxton: One of the greatest Scots who ever lived in my view. A lifelong, tireless crusader against poverty and dire working conditions, sworn enemy of slum landlords, an upholder of the need for improved education and advancing the lives of children in general. He was also a republican and a supporter of Scottish Home Rule with an eye to eventual independence. When several SNP members (such as Arthur Donaldson and Doulas Young) were interned during WW2, it was Maxton who stood up in Parliament to demand their release.

So, who would you have ?

Tom Weir is actually a really good one, would never have considered him without seeing it.

Nikola Tesla

Tom Weir

Larry Bird

George Orwell

Rickson Gracie

maybe swap out Larry Legend with John Riggins.

Edited by phart

Charlotte Church I've always fancied a scran and a swally with. I'm not one for taking ages fannying around a dinner table and she looks like she could wolf down a plate or two rapido. Then the swally after would be good craic. I think she'd try and pour as much drink doon the gub as possible before dragging you hame and riding you until morning. Filthy looking tart that she is! :D