Nations League 2024-2025 - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nations League 2024-2025

Rich NATA

24 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

True, just means there will be some crappy teams in the WC playoff route rather than getting a straight two game shot into the Euros. 

Is it not Nations League playoff winners will play second in the groups? 

Yeah they will be in the hat along with the runners up in the groups. I can’t remember if it’s seeded/unseeded depending who gets the home semi final?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Barry89 said:

For Portugal it's 2hr50mins on the train between Lisbon and Porto and 8 of their last 11 competitive matches have been in either of them with most being Lisbon. 2 of the remaining 3 were against Luxembourg where presumably they expected a smaller crowd.

They have spread their 4 friendlies across the country in March and June so I'd think they'll be back to Lisbon and Porto for the Nations League more than likely.

Well, I’ve booked flights to Malaga on the Thursday and we‘ll figure how we’re getting where we’re going once we know where that is. 

Skipping Portugal, but booked into Dubrovnik direct from Edinburgh with Jet2 and home from Ljubljana (via Zurich) with time in between on chance game not in Zagreb).

Very little up for Poland at the moment, but thinking into Gdansk, and booked a flight back from Krakow with Easyjet.

I'm sort of finding it hard to get excited about the NL this time round as we have the Euros coming up and I know some of the top teams treat the matches as friendlies. It felt different before. Maybe that will change after the Euros but I'd rather get to a 1/4 or 1/2 final (we can but dream) in the Euros than win the NL.

31 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Skipping Portugal, but booked into Dubrovnik direct from Edinburgh with Jet2 and home from Ljubljana (via Zurich) with time in between on chance game not in Zagreb).

Very little up for Poland at the moment, but thinking into Gdansk, and booked a flight back from Krakow with Easyjet.

Is the game likely to be anywhere near Dubrovnik?

Daughter wants to see kings landing. 

9 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Is the game likely to be anywhere near Dubrovnik?

Daughter wants to see kings landing. 

At best maybe Split, but a Dubrovnik - Zagreb internal flight costs around £35, so just thought "why not?"

Edited by wanderer

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Well, I’ve booked flights to Malaga on the Thursday and we‘ll figure how we’re getting where we’re going once we know where that is. 

Ooops.  Forgot Scotland were playing on Thursday night.  Managed to change flights for a fiver. 

Booked Lisbon.  Only ever seen Gibraltar in Faro.  Will be great to see a match in any of the big Porto or Lisbon stadiums.  I don't mind countries that move their games around different venues, but there should be rules to avoid last minute announcements like the Spanish did last year.

Poland booked. 

Easyjet out to Berlin on the Saturday morning, then train to Poznan (a Ukrainian band I like are playing Poznan that night as part of a tour, so great little add on to the trip) and then on to the venue the next day, before down to Krakow for Easyjet flight home on the Thursday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2024 at 10:30 PM, DesiScotsman said:

I'm hoping ours is either Poznan or Krakow.

Unlikely Krakow, as Chorow seems their stadium of choice outside of Warsaw in recent years, with Wroclaw and Gdansk probably the main other contenders (I would like Wroclaw as its a great place.... Krakow minus the tourists) 

On 3/18/2024 at 8:29 AM, wanderer said:

Unlikely Krakow, as Chorow seems their stadium of choice outside of Warsaw in recent years, with Wroclaw and Gdansk probably the main other contenders (I would like Wroclaw as its a great place.... Krakow minus the tourists) 

A city break of mine to Wroclaw got cancelled during covid.  I have still not been so really hope it’s  there too. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

A city break of mine to Wroclaw got cancelled during covid.  I have still not been so really hope it’s  there too. 

You’ll be happy the Croatia game is in Zagreb too.

You’d have been spewin if it was in Split. 😄

1 hour ago, Marky said:

You’ll be happy the Croatia game is in Zagreb too.

You’d have been spewin if it was in Split. 😄

Croatia is binned.  A game too much for us pensioners 😊

Anyone else finding it strange the lack of Ryanair flights from Glasgow or Edinburgh to Poland in November?

Usually there's an absolute slew of Poland flights from both airports to quite a few major Polish cities. Wonder if the sales schedule hasn't quite started yet for those dates.

Currently the only flights showing are mostly the higher end airlines like KLM or BA for over £100 one way. Last time we went to Poland for the Ukraine game there were several options more in the region of £30-40