The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

There is no free lane FFS!!!

Everyone should merge in turn at the very end, so as to utilise 2 lanes of traffic to ease conjestion as much as possible. Both lanes should be travelling at roughly the same speed if everyone drive sensibly, don't heavy brake and merge in turn.

Use your loaf FFS! If someone merges early the closing lane becomes free. You then get some selfish c*nts who charge down that small free bit of roadway and force their way over when they get to the front. They save themselves about 10 seconds time and cause the rest of the traffic to back up even worse. But sounds like you already know all this as you do this yourself.

Why would you merge early?

That's what I am saying. I wouldn't, and neither would you but if someone did better to use the lanes available at the same pace as the moving traffic and merge gradually. Maximises the traffic flow if people can see you merging gradually rather than flying down the front and having to force your way in.

That's what I am saying. I wouldn't, and neither would you but if someone did better to use the lanes available at the same pace as the moving traffic and merge gradually. Maximises the traffic flow if people can see you merging gradually rather than flying down the front and having to force your way in.

Not sure you are getting what I am saying. Using the merge in turn principle at the point where a lane ends, means there is no free space for anyone to 'fly down' as you like to put it.

This was the person who first raised the grievance's original point, which you seem to be missing?

Not sure you are getting what I am saying. Using the merge in turn principle at the point where a lane ends, means there is no free space for anyone to 'fly down' as you like to put it.

This was the person who first raised the grievance's original point, which you seem to be missing?

No I completely get it. My point is that even worse than that are people who fly down an empty piece of road say for 200 yards and then force their way in. What does it save? 10 seconds?

Add selfish bastards who take their kids to the theatre and let them make tremendous amounts of noise then get all arsey when you ask them to calm them down.

Selfish arseholes.

Add selfish bastards who take their kids to the theatre and let them make tremendous amounts of noise then get all arsey when you ask them to calm them down.

Selfish arseholes.

Theatre? - it's a fuccckin' pantomime ya daftie!

Look ooy - The big 'yin is behind ye'!

Love ya!

Theatre? - it's a fuccckin' pantomime ya daftie!

Look ooy - The big 'yin is behind ye'!

Love ya!

Oh no it wasn't...

It was a musical ?

Edited by andreimack

those charity cycling things ,
My friend went to Kenya and raised 2000 quid ,1200 of that was for her flight and accommodation and all food . there is a company that organises it, which I didn't know at the time of my donation.

then she posted photos of her and the 20 strong group sitting in hotels etc, basically it was a pampered fun cycle

she was on facebook the next year looking for donations for cycling in Cuba , told her I'm not paying for her holidays... she's not my facebook friend anymore

Edited by Gaz

I couldn't give a shit about "child spaces" - I'll park in them if it's more convenient for me.

Disabled spaces is an altogether different matter. I like the signs that a lot of French towns have "If you take my space, will you take my disability"?

In French.

Obviously.

Totally agree about parent/child spaces, they irritate me, and I park in them at will.

Agree. They didn't have them when i was wee and my parents seemed to manage. I use them all the time and if anyone moans I'm either picking up or have just dropped off the gf and kids ( I don't have kids)

I couldn't give a shit about "child spaces" - I'll park in them if it's more convenient for me.

Disabled spaces is an altogether different matter. I like the signs that a lot of French towns have "If you take my space, will you take my disability"?

In French.

Obviously.

Agreed wholeheartedly. People choose to have the pleasure of kids. Nobody would choose to have a disability.

To any parasites who moan about having to walk a few extra steps with their kids, try spending a day in a wheelchair.