The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

has anyone ranted about queuing traffic and bus lanes... ?????

I am SICK of idiots who join single lanes leaving the other lane empty and causing traffic jams miles back for no reason The highway code says MERGE IN TURN !!!!! ffs. That means use both lanes right up until the obstacle and politely merge at the front. Even worse are idiots who join the queue then try to block those of us who are following the correct behaviour from merging.. seriously - enough !!!

Most bus lanes in Edinburgh are NOT bus lanes for 20 hours/day..... Stop feckn driving in the overtaking lane at 10mph below the speed limit. Police should do something about it..... idiots....

This boils my piss.

A few years ago we were taken over by an American hedge fund and they brought in all these corporate s at senior management level. A few of most irritating phrases that were banded about were "let's run that up the flagpole so everyone has visibility", "let's put that idea in the fridge to keep it fresh" and "let's put that in car park and go back to it later". I used to sit in meetings chewing my knuckles to stop me punching people.

Also, people who refer to their weekend as "downtime". You work in a ing call centre you overdramatic cocksocket, you're not defending an outpost in Afghanistan.

BANTZ!!

Prix who call there holidays annual leave need fukking shot

I am SICK of idiots who join single lanes leaving the other lane empty and causing traffic jams miles back for no reason The highway code says MERGE IN TURN !!!!! ffs. That means use both lanes right up until the obstacle and politely merge at the front. Even worse are idiots who join the queue then try to block those of us who are following the correct behaviour from merging.. seriously - enough !!!

This does my tits in!!!

Oh, I'm a fan of Ryanair normally.

Just think that when you book with a child you should be seated with them.

Note - even just one parent. I can't be dealing with kids on a flight.

Let the mother deal with it while I moan about (my) children crying elsewhere on the plane. :ok:

I'll let you off then (unless I've to sit near your kid on a flight anytime :ok: )

On an almost related note, on a flight down to London one weekend I was sat beside a family of 4 who decided their 2 kids would go beside me, while the 2 parents shared the 3 seats the other side of the aisle.

Not even me drinking the booze I'd taken on board was enough to persuade these parents they shouldn't leave their children beside me.

I really don't miss commuting to London every weekend.

My local Tesco has no-one manning the tills after ten PM and you have to use thd scanners, every time I go in I have to ask a supervisor to open a checkout as I refuse to put a weekly shop through a machine that's designed for single bag use, it really boils my piss as they have tried, and failed to assist me on the self scan as I just refuse and demand a teller do it for me. I think I'm described there as a difficult customer!

And don't get me started on the fact you can't get around the shop because it's full of people restocking the shelves and there's shit laying around everywhere making it impossible to negotiate the isles.

I have never used the self-scan. Next they'll have us stacking the shelves for them.

:lol: Superb. Got a meeting with da management this morning and I'm going to use that :ok:

:ok:

That's blinking brilliant, I work in the shipping industry and I'm stealing that one, my boss will cream his drawers at it.

Fringo you've made my day mate :ok:

:ok:

Just come out of my meeting. I'm doing some marketing/recruitment stuff at the moment and someone suggested an idea - 'Great', I said, 'let's send that off on a cruise and see if it comes back with a tan'. went down a storm... :Tumbleweed-2::lol:

:-))

This boils my piss.

A few years ago we were taken over by an American hedge fund and they brought in all these corporate s at senior management level. A few of most irritating phrases that were banded about were "let's run that up the flagpole so everyone has visibility", "let's put that idea in the fridge to keep it fresh" and "let's put that in car park and go back to it later". I used to sit in meetings chewing my knuckles to stop me punching people.

Also, people who refer to their weekend as "downtime". You work in a ing call centre you overdramatic cocksocket, you're not defending an outpost in Afghanistan.

BANTZ!!

Funnily enough, the other one that crossed my mind was "let's run it up a flagpole and see which way the wind blows" :-))

The worst is 'unexpected item in baggage area'. How's it unexpected...? I ####IN PUT IT THERE :angry:

Like the baggage area doesn't expect baggage in it.

That's like me sitting in the pot,having a shit and not wiping my arse as I don't expect I'll have too.

Or something slightly less creepy.

Edited by dandydunn

Most bus lanes in Edinburgh are NOT bus lanes for 20 hours/day..... Stop feckn driving in the overtaking lane at 10mph below the speed limit. Police should do something about it..... idiots....

Yes but it's your interpretation of merge in turn. It means respect other drivers and merge into one lane in your correct turn. It does not mean go shooting down the empty lane that's closing and push in right at the front!

He can drink at his own pace instead of stuffing booze in his face because everyone else thinks it's the right thing to do. Buying rounds is at the heart of our drinking culture, a culture that needs to change IMHO.

100% agree with this

People drinking at a ridiculous pace and chucking nips down their throat so they "don't miss out"

Yes but it's your interpretation of merge in turn. It means respect other drivers and merge into one lane in your correct turn. It does not mean go shooting down the empty lane that's closing and push in right at the front!

sorry but this is precisely what I am getting off my chest... this is wrong. It is wrong because it is obnoxious and doubles the length of a queue, causing all the side roads and junctions to have unnecessary traffic jams.

The highway code was vague but the new one says you should use both lanes i.e. MERGE AT THE FRONT.......

take a look at this http://www.roadsafe.com/magazine/2008spring/road.htm

Another change to the Code could tackle the misery of delays and congestion at roadworks, according to the Institute of Advanced Motorists. For the first time, the Highway Code has a rule on “merging in turn” as part of a section on lane discipline. It says: “In congested road conditions do not change lanes unnecessarily. Merging in turn is recommended but only if safe and appropriate when vehicles are travelling at a very low speed, eg when approaching road works or a road traffic incident. It is not recommended at high speed.”

Peter Rodger, chief examiner at the IAM, which has long campaigned for merging in turn to be officially approved, said: “We are pleased to see this as we believe it will ease many pinchpoints at roadworks.

“It will encourage drivers to use all the available lanes - right up to the lane closure - and could make roadworks less of a problem. It will avoid frustration and mean everybody gets through the restriction that much quicker.”

Another new piece of advice reminds motorists that it isn’t just the blue flashing lights of police cars that they need to watch out for.

Edited by UPROAR

sorry but this is precisely what I am getting off my chest... this is wrong. It is wrong because it is obnoxious and doubles the length of a queue, causing all the side roads and junctions to have unnecessary traffic jams.

The highway code was vague but the new one says you should use both lanes i.e. MERGE AT THE FRONT.......

take a look at this http://www.roadsafe.com/magazine/2008spring/road.htm

Another change to the Code could tackle the misery of delays and congestion at roadworks, according to the Institute of Advanced Motorists. For the first time, the Highway Code has a rule on merging in turn as part of a section on lane discipline. It says: In congested road conditions do not change lanes unnecessarily. Merging in turn is recommended but only if safe and appropriate when vehicles are travelling at a very low speed, eg when approaching road works or a road traffic incident. It is not recommended at high speed.

Peter Rodger, chief examiner at the IAM, which has long campaigned for merging in turn to be officially approved, said: We are pleased to see this as we believe it will ease many pinchpoints at roadworks.

It will encourage drivers to use all the available lanes - right up to the lane closure - and could make roadworks less of a problem. It will avoid frustration and mean everybody gets through the restriction that much quicker.

Another new piece of advice reminds motorists that it isnt just the blue flashing lights of police cars that they need to watch out for.

Absolutely agree with this. It means keep moving at same rate as the traffic and merge in your turn, it doesn't mean race to the front and then push in. That's what causes stop start traffic.

Yes it does. If a lane is empty it is there to be used, simple. If others choose to queue for miles beforehand then they are the clowns at fault.

The original point is valid and correct, this is also a bug bare of mine.

Yes it does. If a lane is empty it is there to be used, simple. If others choose to queue for miles beforehand then they are the clowns at fault.

I agree 100%

If the road is closed 1000 yards ahead,I'm not going to queue in traffic when there's an empty lane next to me.

Aye but the reason the queue is there is half due to selfish f*ckers racing down the free lane and forcing their way into the other lane Instead of moving at the same pace as the traffic in the outside lane and merging in turn. I mean think about it.

Aye but the reason the queue is there is half due to selfish f*ckers racing down the free lane and forcing their way into the other lane Instead of moving at the same pace as the traffic in the outside lane and merging in turn. I mean think about it.

Eh? If everyone quite simply merged in turn where 2 lanes become 1, or 3 become 2 then there would be no free lane for anyone to charge down. But no, every lemming decides to get in the 'right' lane ages before they have to, and then get irate when when sensible people utilise the free space they have vacated. That is precisely why there are big queues.

And don't get me started on the clowns who decide to straddle 2 lanes to act as a blocker, total kunts.

A bad example of this is heading north into the Clyde tunnel, quite often at the weekend they put both lanes through the same tunnel. Christ man sometimes that traffic backs up onto the motorway heading into town and causes even more havoc.

Merge in turn at the point where you have no other choice is an obvious and very simple solution.

Eh? If everyone quite simply merged in turn where 2 lanes become 1, or 3 become 2 then there would be no free lane for anyone to charge down. But no, every lemming decides to get in the 'right' lane ages before they have to, and then get irate when when sensible people utilise the free space they have vacated. That is precisely why there are big queues.

And don't get me started on the clowns who decide to straddle 2 lanes to act as a blocker, total kunts.

A bad example of this is heading north into the Clyde tunnel, quite often at the weekend they put both lanes through the same tunnel. Christ man sometimes that traffic backs up onto the motorway heading into town and causes even more havoc.

Merge in turn at the point where you have no other choice is an obvious and very simple solution.

An now you see this we are agreed on. You use both lanes available but move at the same rate as the traffic in the lane you are merging with. Then merging in turn is far easier as you are all moving at the same rate. What I am talking about is selfish c*nts who charge down the free lane faster than the congested lane and then force their way in. This just causes the traffic to back up.

An now you see this we are agreed on. You use both lanes available but move at the same rate as the traffic in the lane you are merging with. Then merging in turn is far easier as you are all moving at the same rate. What I am talking about is selfish c*nts who charge down the free lane faster than the congested lane and then force their way in. This just causes the traffic to back up.

There is no free lane FFS!!!

Everyone should merge in turn at the very end, so as to utilise 2 lanes of traffic to ease conjestion as much as possible. Both lanes should be travelling at roughly the same speed if everyone drive sensibly, don't heavy brake and merge in turn.