The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

Those scanners at whsmith and supermarkets,

refuse to use them and always go up to the checkout tills,

Save peoples jobs.

To some old folk ,it could be their only conversation of the day, with the checkout assistant.

Peeves. Nipping into Greggs for a quick sausage roll and there's six chunts ahead of me ordering bacon rolls and cups of tea. This isnae a cafe, this is Greggs, get your sausage rolls and get the fukk out!

Playing sports and sprinting after someone and finding the auld legs work in slow motion these days :(

Maybe I should eat less sausage rolls.

Agree with this.

When I was at school we always went up to the local shops for our lunch. Unfortunately there was always some house nearby getting an extension put on or the roads were being dug up, so the workies constantly got in ahead of us at the bakers.

"Can I huv six rolls an bacon, four roll and sausage, four sausage rolls, three pies, two pie and beans, six chocolate donuts and three cans of ginger please cheers. Oh and my mates will have ....."

aaargh, yes. or people at airports who stand right next to the conveyor belt with their trolley so you cant get near it. grrrr....

Indeed! Even stading next to it without the trolley is annoying and unecessary. If everyone just kept back and stepped forward just to take their bag off it would be much more civilised.

Another annoying airport thing is people who stand on the moving walkway and block it with their bag. The walkway is not so you don't have to walk it is sio you can get there quicker you lazy f*ckers!

Think it is selfish people ?

Those who drop litter, park in disabled/double yellow lines/child spaces, swear repeatedly in front of kids at football, get served first at the bar after you were there five minutes earlier, sit on your allocated seat trains/football/concerts, etc.

I couldn't give a shit about "child spaces" - I'll park in them if it's more convenient for me.

Disabled spaces is an altogether different matter. I like the signs that a lot of French towns have "If you take my space, will you take my disability"?

In French.

Obviously.

refuse to use them and always go up to the checkout tills,

Save peoples jobs.

To some old folk ,it could be their only conversation of the day, with the checkout assistant.

My local Tesco has no-one manning the tills after ten PM and you have to use thd scanners, every time I go in I have to ask a supervisor to open a checkout as I refuse to put a weekly shop through a machine that's designed for single bag use, it really boils my piss as they have tried, and failed to assist me on the self scan as I just refuse and demand a teller do it for me. I think I'm described there as a difficult customer!

And don't get me started on the fact you can't get around the shop because it's full of people restocking the shelves and there's shit laying around everywhere making it impossible to negotiate the isles.

Minky behaviour.

If you go for a gargle with him and yer mates, would you be happy if he said im buying my own.

My old man would've rapped my jaw.

He can drink at his own pace instead of stuffing booze in his face because everyone else thinks it's the right thing to do. Buying rounds is at the heart of our drinking culture, a culture that needs to change IMHO.

I couldn't give a shit about "child spaces" - I'll park in them if it's more convenient for me.

Disabled spaces is an altogether different matter. I like the signs that a lot of French towns have "If you take my space, will you take my disability"?

In French.

Obviously.

Child spaces are wider because people with young kids in car seats and buggies need more room. You would complain if there were none and someone dinged your car door struggling to get a kid in a seat.

In French.

Obviously.

Totally agree about parent/child spaces, they irritate me, and I park in them at will.

In French.

Obviously.

There's a joke somewhere there about a similar sign for parent & child parking. That is my point though, the parking is provided for someone else but you choose to use it as it more convenient for you. I bet your local golf club and bowling club love you. They love a reserved space.

Indeed! Even stading next to it without the trolley is annoying and unecessary. If everyone just kept back and stepped forward just to take their bag off it would be much more civilised.

Another annoying airport thing is people who stand on the moving walkway and block it with their bag. The walkway is not so you don't have to walk it is sio you can get there quicker you lazy f*ckers!

ha ha, so true!

Worse than this are people who take orders for a round of team coffees and are ahead of me in the queue..

Infuriating, its a bar, as bad as ordering cups of coffee in a Greggs.

He can drink at his own pace instead of stuffing booze in his face because everyone else thinks it's the right thing to do. Buying rounds is at the heart of our drinking culture, a culture that needs to change IMHO.

You're a brave man.

Totally agree about parent/child spaces, they irritate me, and I park in them at will.

They are for us who have difficulty getting the kids in the car.

Even when the kids aren't there,the child seat always is,if anyone says anything,I just say I'm back for the bairn and his mum :D

Ryanair.

Sat my three year old son away from me and the missus (we were also seperated).

Despite his peanut allergy they refused to take his epi pen in case he needed it (since we couldn't see him).

Labelling me aggressive when I decided to do some seat moves myself.

Middle class w***ers moaning that they have been moved seat by an angry "Scotsman" (we flew from Manchester).

Ryanair selling peanut M&M's on said flight despite being told of a small child with allergies. They didn't understand the concept of recycled air or airborne peanut particles.

The fact I write tits instead of tits on the tamb.

Edit - Sm*ll birds is changed to tits? :-))

Edited by IAteAllThePies

People that complain about Ryanair.

You paid £20, what were you expecting?

They get you from where you are to where you are going, that's all.

Oh, I'm a fan of Ryanair normally.

Just think that when you book with a child you should be seated with them.

Note - even just one parent. I can't be dealing with kids on a flight.

Let the mother deal with it while I moan about (my) children crying elsewhere on the plane. :ok:

Agree there. The WH Smiths at the airport is a particular arsepain. It's bad enough foutering about with them for a normal purchase but there you've now got to get your boarding pass out and try to scan it as well...

poeple who tell you they are having a bad day because their long lost relative that they have never mentioned has died, so you tell them you are sorry to hear that (but you are thinking 'why are they telling me this?'), then they say not to worry, they will bounce back, nothing keeps them down for long.