Team For Tuesday Night - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team For Tuesday Night

The Black Bra

OK, assuming very one is available, should we stick to the same line-up for Georgia or freshen things up? Not sure how bad Tierney’s injury was and don’t think the yellows mean anyone is suspended. Looking forward to seeing what Ferguson can do at some point, maybe Gilmour should start.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can not wait for this game 

My morning will be spent trawling their the Georgian players Wiki pages, looking at past formations they have played dreaming i was Clarke 

I think has to freshen things up. Gilmour for me would start, if Paterson was fit and ready i would be considering him as i think more of an attacking threat than Hickey (who is great) maybe be tempted by Fergurson 

Wouldnt want to make to many changes but to freshen it up would look at 3 or 4 

Is Tierney out heard a few people saying that 

I watched the Georgia game. Cyprus were actually very unlucky, hitting the bar twice.

Georgia look dangerous going forward but very poor at the back. Regardless of formation etc we simply must play with a high tempo. Put them under pressure with lots of movement etc and there will be goals for us. Slow build up etc and it becomes a 50/50 game.

Formation depends on whether Tierney is fit or not. If he is then a 3. If not a 4.

Id have Patterson in for Hickey if he is at all fit (just for this game) and either Armstrong or Ferguson in for Christie.

Id maybe even start with Shankland as Dykes will be gubbed.

Their winger that plays for Napoli - not even going to attempt the spelling - scares the utter sh*t out of me.  We need to do the same job on him as on Halaand last night and cut the supply off. Not sure we want him one on one with the Aaron Hickey that played last night as he was quite poor by his own high standards.

Georgia are very much an up and coming nation, As well as the Napoli guy, the keeper at Valencia is supposedly watched by a lot of sides, A striker that was top scorer in the French 2nd division apparently joining AC Milan, there is also a couple of other guys being watched by bigger sides or going elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Georgia look dangerous going forward but very poor at the back.

One defeat in their last fifteen games, suggests they're not that terrible defensively. 

Going to be another nail-biter probably 😬

7 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

One defeat in their last fifteen games, suggests they're not that terrible defensively. 

Just commenting on what I watched against Cyprus. Cyprus were able to cut them open on several occasions. Everytime their defenders were put under pressure they didnt have the composure to handle it.

They are the type of team who if given time and space will hurt us but if we get in their faces and close with energy then we could have 2 or 3 goals by half time.

Probably tempting fate here but I watched a good few Napoli games last season and I watched the Georgia game last night. My view of the winger hasn’t changed. He’s undoubtedly a great dribbler, but he’s a greedy wee shite. He’s never happy beating one, two or even three men and ends up running into trouble. I’m not saying he isn’t a threat but he’s got a lot to learn in my opinion. He also looks huffy. A couple of stiff boots n the calf in the first few minutes wouldn’t do us any harm. 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Steady - some of those results were v the likes of Mongolia and Gibraltar, though they did do Bulgaria quite well.

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Apart from an impressive result against Sweden, their opposition in that 15 have been the likes of Gibraltar, North Macedonia, Bulgaria,v Bosnia, Kosovo and Mongolia!

41 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Apart from an impressive result against Sweden, their opposition in that 15 have been the likes of Gibraltar, North Macedonia, Bulgaria,v Bosnia, Kosovo and Mongolia!

North macedonia are pretty decent i think. I would guess bosnia are half decent as well. Maybe not top sides but georgia are no push overs. Gunna be a tough match on tuesday.

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Aye and if you don’t count the playoff against Ukraine we have won our last 9 qualifiers. I know which record I’d rather have. 

I don’t think we’ve lost one at Hampden since Belgium in 2019 either. 

21 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

North macedonia are pretty decent i think. I would guess bosnia are half decent as well. Maybe not top sides but georgia are no push overs. Gunna be a tough match on tuesday.

I agree they are no pushovers and I am not confident we’ll beat them in our away game (a point might even be a struggle) but they are a pot 4 team for a reason. 

If we play anywhere near our best we should beat them at home. 

I doubt it will be comfortable 4-0 win or anything like that but I fancy us to do the business. 

19 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

I’m reading two yellows gets you banned for a game - is this not correct? 

Good old Wikipedia also saying he’s out of the squad suspended too..!

Sky used to say during the game if a player was suspended once he got a certain amount of yellows. Guess Viaplay aren’t quite at that level yet. 

Edited by bigfingers

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Didn’t realise Porteous was suspended for Tuesday!

Souttar slots in there for me vs Georgia 

Nah. Cannot see Souttar go from unused V Norway to leapfrogging Cooper or even Hyam who got on late for a slot. And lets not forget it was announced he was struggling with a knock.