Reasons to be cheerful - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Reasons to be cheerful

39 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

Hope you had a great trip overall though 🚕 It is a shame that cost (inflated or otherwise) taints most things at the moment. It's just a feeling that sort of follows you around everywhere. 

Reasons to be cheerful today, it's my birthday! Got some new slippers and some After Eights which are my favourite, partly due to the wee envelope. Going bowling at 2pm, first time for wee Stirlingegg. 

This is me for the next fortnight...

IMG-20231223-WA0002.thumb.jpg.cdacec3aaad27ed30bd1b22224319023.jpg

Thank you StirlingEgg, tbh, overall the cost was the least of my worries. I managed to lose my purse with all my credit cards and bank cards in it before I even left Glasgow Airport. I had to freeze/ cancel all my cards at Heathrow and all I had was usd 350 in cash. For 5 days 🤦‍♀️
My husband had one credit card and had no idea how much the credit limit was. He is normally a cash guy . I was greetin on the flight . Mainly because I was going to have to ask him for his card everytime I wanted to buy something…

There is a massive story to this involving getting charged twice by a crazy , thieving taxi driver on a usd 120 trip, and our luggage not arriving home with us, but this is a cheerful thread so I will spare you the saga 😁

Far more importantly, Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great day at the bowling. Now, I must ask, is the pic you posted a reference merely to the After Eights , or are you a woman ???? Please, please be a woman, this would make me VERY cheerful I am fed up being the only woman on here apart from the occasional visit from Heuch Moray but she stays on the bloody Tunes thread all the time. I have had a look at your profile but you are ‘not telling’, however that means absolutely nothing as mine says that as well…. . 

And if you look like Joan Collins it will make the blokes really cheerful too ! 😁

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Thank you StirlingEgg, tbh, overall the cost was the least of my worries. I managed to lose my purse with all my credit cards and bank cards in it before I even left Glasgow Airport. I had to freeze/ cancel all my cards at Heathrow and all I had was usd 350 in cash. For 5 days 🤦‍♀️
My husband had one credit card and had no idea how much the credit limit was. He is normally a cash guy . I was greetin on the flight . Mainly because I was going to have to ask him for his card everytime I wanted to buy something…

There is a massive story to this involving getting charged twice by a crazy , thieving taxi driver on a usd 120 trip, and our luggage not arriving home with us, but this is a cheerful thread so I will spare you the saga 😁

Far more importantly, Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great day at the bowling. Now, I must ask, is the pic you posted a reference merely to the After Eights , or are you a woman ???? Please, please be a woman, this would make me VERY cheerful I am fed up being the only woman on here apart from the occasional visit from Heuch Moray but she stays on the bloody Tunes thread all the time. I have had a look at your profile but you are ‘not telling’, however that means absolutely nothing as mine says that as well…. . 

And if you look like Joan Collins it will make the blokes really cheerful too ! 😁

Did your purse turn up? What a nightmare. Hope you succumbed to a Bloody Mary at least on the flight. It might be a bit soon but hope eventually your trip will be an amusing tale among all your travels. 

Have you ever met Heuch Moray in person? Yes I am a fellow woman. Sometimes I assume that's obvious based on a) profile pic b) lack of tactical/formation input and c) general demeanor...It's one of the main reasons I remained a guest for so long. I like the Independence/News and Tunes threads best but head over to TA/non TA sometimes too just to keep abreast of things 😋

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Reason to be cheerful

My 2nd child arrived this morning. A baby boy so we have one of each now 👶 😊 

🍺 🍻 🍺 

I was responding to StirlingEgg when this came in.
What fantastic news VA !❤️ That has got to be THE most reason to be cheerful . I hope your new baby and his mum are doing well and you all have a fantastic Christmas 😍xx

Edited by TDYER63

15 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

Did your purse turn up? What a nightmare. Hope you succumbed to a Bloody Mary at least on the flight. It might be a bit soon but hope eventually your trip will be an amusing tale among all your travels. 

Have you ever met Heuch Moray in person? Yes I am a fellow woman. Sometimes I assume that's obvious based on a) profile pic b) lack of tactical/formation input and c) general demeanor...It's one of the main reasons I remained a guest for so long. I like the Independence/News and Tunes threads best but head over to TA/non TA sometimes too just to keep abreast of things 😋

Yes it turned up 🙄 The day was a bit of a fiasco but as you say, will be tale to tell .  On the bright side we were flying BA on the way out and got free booze so that took the edge off the drama.

No , I  have never met Heuch Moray. She sounds very nice though and actually ‘liked’ one of my songs on the Tunes thread which I was very proud  of as the  folk who post on there have a wide range of musical knowledge, mine consists of the Top 20 from about 1970-2010.
That was back in the days when you could show your appreciation of something by way of an emoticon,  and before the naughty children had it withdrawn . 

I joined this board almost 20 years ago but it was literally just to get bus transport to an away game. I only started reading things after the independence referendum. I was absolutely gutted and needed to feel some folk felt the same way, I work in an industry that was hardly supportive of independence , and surrounded by people who were indifferent at best . My brother told me to look at the TAMB and I am still here almost 10 yrs later 🙄

It’s funny, looking back at your posts I can now see you do write more like a woman , using emojis etc and more ‘chatty’. I just assume every single person on here is a bloke, or Chripper in one of his many disguises. I hope you hang around 😊

Merry Christmas to everyone when it comes,  I need to go peel some tatties 🧑‍🎄🥃🎼

39 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I was responding to StirlingEgg when this came in.
What fantastic news VA !❤️ That has got to be THE most reason to be cheerful . I hope your new baby and his mum are doing well and you all have a fantastic Christmas 😍xx

17 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Congratulations VA.

5 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

Congratulations, hope mum & baby are well and big sister is pleased too 😊 🍾🎄

Thanks

Scotland and dons baby grows already stocked up so a lifetime of shit football and heart ache

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Reason to be cheerful

🍺 🍻 🍺 

Many congratulations VA!

A wonderful blessing any time but especially now. All the very best to you and the rest of the family ❤️

Not as life changing as VA's new arrival but we have a friendly robin who feels like he's in his element this time of year. He keeps hopping on things like he's posing for a photos or a Christmas card (and possibly wondering where the snow is). 

I would say it's a reminder that some of life's best pleasures are free but seeing we spent a small fortune on getting the garden done, to transform it from new build sterility to something a bit more wildlife friendly, that wouldn't be exactly true 😃😃😃😃

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 12:30 PM, vanderark14 said:

Reason to be cheerful

🍺 🍻 🍺 

Belated congratulations VA 👍

On 12/24/2023 at 12:30 PM, vanderark14 said:

Reason to be cheerful

🍺 🍻 🍺 

Congratulations but how can you have one of each when there are 750 genders 🤷‍♂️

Ten to the Top on Radio 2 this morning is worth a listen - Ann from Renfrew.

What legendary drag artist had a hit from Stock Aitken & Waterman in 1984?

Ann said Rick Astley 😀

At the end the other contestant said "I thoroughly enjoyed listening to that"