Reasons to be cheerful - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Reasons to be cheerful

Lets have some positivity on here. As Pap says on the other thread , its a sunny day and this board is still in existence.

So , lets hear some cheery news from you, particularly from posters who only post on serious subjects. 

Here are some of my reasons to be cheerful: 

Going to Benidorm on Monday. This would not normally top my ‘cheery news’ list , however it will get me away from depressing politics. 

The Buddies are flying high and pushing for a place in Europe  😆🤞 

The Big Dog is going to win the national today and pay for my holiday to Benidorm. 

I have @davierobbsagodsons wedding to look forward to . 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

He wouldnt make me cheerful in parts 1,2 or 3. I am more likely to beat him to death with his rhythm stick I canny stand him 😁

😂😄😄 and there goes the positivity. 

Where abouts in Benidorm are you going ?

The Rincon end has been my favourite haunt for years mainly because The Stretford End was owned by Brian and Lesley from Fife and had a bookies inside it

Covid finished it and the guys that owned The London Bar next door bought the Stretford End and combined the two pubs into one - It's called The Pub

It looks good from the photos but the bookies is gone

Was last over in June 2021 when Covid restrictions were still ongoing but Spain had opened up - Benidorm was a ghost town but actually that made it magic

The WInning Post across the road from The Marina Hotel was one of the few pubs open and watched Royal Ascot and Euro 2000 undisturbed where you could have a bet - not as professional as the Stretford End

Think when Beniform is busy it's always mobbed particularly on Saturday's - the grub like most places was excellent

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Where abouts in Benidorm are you going ?

The Rincon end has been my favourite haunt for years mainly because The Stretford End was owned by Brian and Lesley from Fife and had a bookies inside it

Covid finished it and the guys that owned The London Bar next door bought the Stretford End and combined the two pubs into one - It's called The Pub

It looks good from the photos but the bookies is gone

Was last over in June 2021 when Covid restrictions were still ongoing but Spain had opened up - Benidorm was a ghost town but actually that made it magic

The WInning Post across the road from The Marina Hotel was one of the few pubs open and watched Royal Ascot and Euro 2000 undisturbed where you could have a bet - not as professional as the Stretford End

Think when Beniform is busy it's always mobbed particularly on Saturday's - the grub like most places was excellent

All I know is we are staying in Hotel Presidente. I have never been to Benidorm before,  I am going with 4 friends most of who will be 60 this year. I  didnt know where we were going till it was booked . 
It’s not somewhere I have ever considered going but am keeping an open mind  😁

We are going Mon-Fri so will miss the stag and hen parties which has to be a result .
Hoping because its outwith school holidays etc it will be fairly quiet. Quiet for Benidorm that is  😊

Will look out for The Pub ! 

Enjoy benidorm!  Never been but folk always seem to come back with a smile on their faces!😃

My cheery news is also holiday related.  I've never been to USA and we've decided to go this week, booked for sunmer which is a big hol for us.. anyone been to Nashville?

Edited by PapofGlencoe

21 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

All I know is we are staying in Hotel Presidente. I have never been to Benidorm before,  I am going with 4 friends most of who will be 60 this year. I  didnt know where we were going till it was booked . 
It’s not somewhere I have ever considered going but am keeping an open mind  😁

We are going Mon-Fri so will miss the stag and hen parties which has to be a result .
Hoping because its outwith school holidays etc it will be fairly quiet. Quiet for Benidorm that is  😊

Will look out for The Pub ! 

You are fairly central then

A 5 minute walk to The Winning Post on Calle Gerona one way and a 10 minute walk to the Rincon area where The Pub is the other

You probably dont need to move - you are almost on Calle Gerona which is a big strip of pubs including The Winning Post

12 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Enjoy benidorm!  Never been but folk always seem to come back with a smile on their faces!😃

My cheery news is also holiday related.  I've never been to USA and we've decided to go this week, booked for sunmer which is a big hol for us.. anyone been to Nashville?

According to Ally I am staying in party central. If I manage to come back with my liver I will have a smile on my face 😁

I have never been to Nashville but a guy I work with is literally just back. Its was his wifes 50 th and her choice . He said it was the best holiday he has ever been on. And he travels a lot. I know you will get loads of guides online for where to visit but if you want any tips I will ask him. 

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Lets have some positivity on here. As Pap says on the other thread , its a sunny day and this board is still in existence.

So , lets hear some cheery news from you, particularly from posters who only post on serious subjects. 

Here are some of my reasons to be cheerful: 

Going to Benidorm on Monday. This would not normally top my ‘cheery news’ list , however it will get me away from depressing politics. 

The Buddies are flying high and pushing for a place in Europe  😆🤞 

The Big Dog is going to win the national today and pay for my holiday to Benidorm. 

I have @davierobbsagodsons wedding to look forward to . 

there is an after wedding party on the sunday in the bridge of weir as well

I’ve been helping someone with a book they’ve been writing for a while. They recently published and I got a wee mention in the credits. It’s done very well and I’m very happy and proud to have helped someone have the benefit of my own experience.

The book is called ‘Real Gone Kid’ by Katie Fridriks!

Maybe her success will inspire me to get a move on with a follow up 🤔

Edited by slasher

17 hours ago, davierobbsagod said:

there is an after wedding party on the sunday in the bridge of weir as well

Fantastic!

I tell you what, since we have only just met I will reluctantly forfeit an invitation to the wedding for a place at the after party. It means I will only have to buy a small wedding gift as well instead of slow cooker. 
Sundays are good for me. What time shall we say, 3pm? 

12 hours ago, slasher said:

I’ve been helping someone with a book they’ve been writing for a while. They recently published and I got a wee mention in the credits. It’s done very well and I’m very happy and proud to have helped someone have the benefit of my own experience.

The book is called ‘Real Gone Kid’ by Katie Fridriks!

Maybe her success will inspire me to get a move on with a follow up 🤔

Had a wee look Slasher. Pity I didn’t know about it before now I could have bought it for Benidorm! 
Well done, it has very good reviews . I will buy it anyway as always looking for a recommendation. 

Well, it was a mixed day yesterday. Those bassa Rangers set back the Buddies in the final minutes and The Big Dog let me down meaning I need to pay for my holiday. 
However ! I also had Corach Rambler so that will get me a few sangrias 💃🍷🍹

We need some more cheeriness on here especially as the sun has gone behind the clouds today. 

We are Scottish for a start.  Watched BGT last night and the wee orphans from Uganda stole the show and my heart.  Reason to be cheerful for mankind.  Our Scottish kids need to be shown the positivity from these kids who have been born with nothing but hope.  Watch and smile!

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

I cleaned  about half a ton of startling poo from my garden yesterday after thousands of starlings roosted in my fir trees every night from Feb to late March. Happy days. 

What did you dooo with it?

It's fantastic fertiliser. Keep the poop in the loop. 👍