Reasons to be cheerful - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Reasons to be cheerful

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

We thought about driving as were initially planning on stopping somewhere between New Orleans and Memphis for a couple of nights but when we sacked that off driving became a bit of a ball ache. We ended up getting the Amtrak train between the 2. 8 hours on the train but we booked a bedroom so had our own space and able to stretch out and private toilet etc. Train also had a viewing carriage so it was actually a quite enjoyable journey. 

We then got the bus between Memphis and Nashville. Originally looked at the Greyhound but ended up booking with a company called Vonlane who run a “business class” coach between the 2 cities. 2 hours quicker than Greyhound and big comfy leather recliners with meal service, drinks etc and got us in about 5 hours earlier. A wee bit more expensive but still great value and a lot less hassle than driving. 

Thats interesting thanks 👍  

On 4/10/2024 at 4:00 PM, TDYER63 said:

Well blow me over with a feather Ramy, you kept that quiet 😏

Are you still making your bracelets or have you moved onto another project ? 

Still making them TD. My wife is creating a business account for me as I have folk wanting to buy them now.. I quite enjoy this hobby, keeps me out of trouble. Here are a couple I made for me and Mrs.Ramy.... Getting softbon my old age TD..😊

PXL_20240412_190918052.MP.jpg

On 4/11/2024 at 9:31 AM, ThistleWhistle said:

Well amazing how 4.5 minutes on a Wednesday can improve your outlook for a Thursday.  

Scabby t-shirt stayed on and the light remained off but can't really grumble.  

Lucky woman, getting it twice in a row in a Wednesday. You’re a stallion. 

On 4/10/2024 at 1:40 PM, TDYER63 said:

Anyone on holiday just now? With it being the school holidays surely there must be someone on here belting out Agadoo at the kids club somewhere in Majorca. 

Missed at the time but had an interesting wee break. Bordeaux for 2 days first, then train down to Handaye in the border for quick change to light rail for San Sebastián. 4 days there then a day trip through Bilbao and the Guggenheim, continuing on to a night in Santander for flight home the next day. Kids and I had a great time but the Mrs wants something more relaxing next time. 

IMG_9504.jpeg

9A16E23C-A5BD-43A7-BD18-568C4E0347DE.jpeg

IMG_9425.jpeg

On 4/17/2024 at 1:16 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Still making them TD. My wife is creating a business account for me as I have folk wanting to buy them now.. I quite enjoy this hobby, keeps me out of trouble. Here are a couple I made for me and Mrs.Ramy.... Getting softbon my old age TD..😊

PXL_20240412_190918052.MP.jpg

Great stuff Ramy. Do you have a name for your business yet ?  Maybe we could have a competition on here to find you one 😁

On 4/19/2024 at 1:38 PM, killiefaetheferry said:

Missed at the time but had an interesting wee break. Bordeaux for 2 days first, then train down to Handaye in the border for quick change to light rail for San Sebastián. 4 days there then a day trip through Bilbao and the Guggenheim, continuing on to a night in Santander for flight home the next day. Kids and I had a great time but the Mrs wants something more relaxing next time. 

IMG_9504.jpeg

9A16E23C-A5BD-43A7-BD18-568C4E0347DE.jpeg

IMG_9425.jpeg

Thats a lot of places covered especially with kids. Have heard San Sebastian is lovely . In 2014 we travelled to Split for 3 days , Dortmund for 2 days ( for the Germany game) , Budapest for 3 then Berlin for 3. Was absolutely knackered by the end but really enjoyed the various places.

In Morocco now. Its mainly just for relaxation and sun so not seen very much but we are close to a wee village called Taghazout which is interesting .  An old man gave me a row for taking a video. I didn’t even reallse  until i played the video back later and heard him saying ‘ no video laydee . No nice’ 😂’ I was only taking a quick video of the street he wasnt even in it. The folk are generally very friendly though. 

49 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Thats a lot of places covered especially with kids. Have heard San Sebastian is lovely . In 2014 we travelled to Split for 3 days , Dortmund for 2 days ( for the Germany game) , Budapest for 3 then Berlin for 3. Was absolutely knackered by the end but really enjoyed the various places.

In Morocco now. Its mainly just for relaxation and sun so not seen very much but we are close to a wee village called Taghazout which is interesting .  An old man gave me a row for taking a video. I didn’t even reallse  until i played the video back later and heard him saying ‘ no video laydee . No nice’ 😂’ I was only taking a quick video of the street he wasnt even in it. The folk are generally very friendly though. 

Have a great relaxing holiday! 🐪