Reasons to be cheerful - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Reasons to be cheerful

8 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I dumped it but there is still a lot left. I thought it wasn’t  recyclable but now I’m saving it😊

You should compost it first, mixed in with other garden materials. Don't put it directly into the soil as it will be too acidic. I hope you are using decent PPE for this job, as bird poop contains lots of stuff that can be nasty to humans, such as bacteria and viruses. And bird flu is still very widespread.  

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I dumped it but there is still a lot left. I thought it wasn’t  recyclable but now I’m saving it😊

Get rid of it.  Too acidic and causes too many problems with a huge variety of plants.

On 4/15/2023 at 2:58 PM, TDYER63 said:

According to Ally I am staying in party central. If I manage to come back with my liver I will have a smile on my face 😁

I have never been to Nashville but a guy I work with is literally just back. Its was his wifes 50 th and her choice . He said it was the best holiday he has ever been on. And he travels a lot. I know you will get loads of guides online for where to visit but if you want any tips I will ask him. 

Please!  We're going with no clue other than we know it's a music hotspot!

Going to Chicago as well, if any advice tambers!

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I cleaned  about half a ton of startling poo from my garden yesterday after thousands of starlings roosted in my fir trees every night from Feb to late March. Happy days. 

I would not normally consider anything ‘shit’  as being particularly cheerful , but on this occasion I can see the connection . 

Also, if anyone out there has been constipated for a while and has now been relieved’ that would also constitute a reason to be cheerful. Dont be shy, we are all friends here. 

Edited by TDYER63

1 hour ago, SamP said:

We are Scottish for a start.  Watched BGT last night and the wee orphans from Uganda stole the show and my heart.  Reason to be cheerful for mankind.  Our Scottish kids need to be shown the positivity from these kids who have been born with nothing but hope.  Watch and smile!

That is very heartwarming. Though its really more ‘Ugandas Got Talent’ than Britain. 
I actually caught 5 mins of that programme last night and the British talent was shit( not ‘positive’ shit in this particular instance) . I sat down to my dinner and that programme was on. It was woman in her 60’s dancing , and there were words coming up and she was imitating them. One of the words was ‘washing machine’ the other was ‘baguette’. She was actually dancing, pretending to be a washing machine and a baguette. 
Ffs. And dont start me on the judges. 

Anyway, away with this negativity, mon the Ugandan  kids ❤️

11 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Please!  We're going with no clue other than we know it's a music hotspot!

Going to Chicago as well, if any advice tambers!

No problem. I will get you tips when I get back from holiday.

You could do with Ormond. He was your man for Chicago, he lives there.
It will a brilliant trip I would like to go to both those places myself. Make sure and bump this thread later in the year when you have been. 

32 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

That is very heartwarming. Though its really more ‘Ugandas Got Talent’ than Britain. 
I actually caught 5 mins of that programme last night and the British talent was shit( not ‘positive’ shit in this particular instance) . I sat down to my dinner and that programme was on. It was woman in her 60’s dancing , and there were words coming up and she was imitating them. One of the words was ‘washing machine’ the other was ‘baguette’. She was actually dancing, pretending to be a washing machine and a baguette. 
Ffs. And dont start me on the judges. 

Anyway, away with this negativity, mon the Ugandan  kids ❤️

Unfortunately these kids who have been orphaned don't have a Uganda's Got Talent.  They are wee humans.  Going to show it to my kids this week as a wee motivator instead of boring class work.  

1 hour ago, SamP said:

Unfortunately these kids who have been orphaned don't have a Uganda's Got Talent.  They are wee humans.  Going to show it to my kids this week as a wee motivator instead of boring class work.  

I know they dont have a talent show . And those children are brilliant .

But if anyone thinks BGT is anything other than a showcase for the judges they are ‘kid’ ding themselves. 

19 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Those bloody talent shows are the reason I drink, hate them....don't know if that's a reason to be cheerful or not 😂

😂 its definitely a reason to be cheerful. It confirms that despite being driven to drink , your cognitive functions are still intact. 

30 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I know they dont have a talent show . And those children are brilliant .

But if anyone thinks BGT is anything other than a showcase for the judges they are ‘kid’ ding themselves. 

Acht, away and be cheerful!!  The judges on that show are already successful in their own right.  I prefer to look at the positive view Tdyer.  If you or I were that successful as that and were asked  to go on TV to show and help others then I would.  Not for my ego or money.  But people like them get the eyes of suspicion on them by suspicious minds!!!  Anyway, I enjoy it as I take it.  As a good thing.

3 minutes ago, SamP said:

Acht, away and be cheerful!!  The judges on that show are already successful in their own right.  I prefer to look at the positive view Tdyer.  If you or I were that successful as that and were asked  to go on TV to show and help others then I would.  Not for my ego or money.  But people like them get the eyes of suspicion on them by suspicious minds!!!  Anyway, I enjoy it as I take it.  As a good thing.

😂

I think you are being a tad naive SamP, I think  they are a bunch of  self obsessed cretins that are doing the show for their own egos. 

But who am I to ‘judge’ ! You keep that cheery disposition , after all  we cant go on together with suspicious minds. 

PS Any saltire plant pots for sale ? 

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂

I think you are being a tad naive SamP, I think  they are a bunch of  self obsessed cretins that are doing the show for their own egos. 

But who am I to ‘judge’ ! You keep that cheery disposition , after all  we cant go on together with suspicious minds. 

PS Any saltire plant pots for sale ? 

How can you say that about my Amanda?  If it wasn't for my cup tie knee we would be married.  You don't know her personally so don't really know how you can have a bad opinion on someone you haven't met.  So all I ask is be happy.

PS, what is the thing about saltire plant pots?  This is intriguing me!!!

41 minutes ago, SamP said:

How can you say that about my Amanda?  If it wasn't for my cup tie knee we would be married.  You don't know her personally so don't really know how you can have a bad opinion on someone you haven't met.  So all I ask is be happy.

PS, what is the thing about saltire plant pots?  This is intriguing me!!!

Aye, poor Amanda. And poor Les Dennis. 

RIGHT ! I am away to get ready for Benidorm. Very early flight. I am trusting you all to keep this cheery thread going whilst I am away, though I know Mondays are tough. 
Might check in sometime between karaoke bars…..

🍹💃 ☀️ 

Just watching BGT.  Brilliant showcase for anyone trying to better themselves.  Why are folk so suspicious as to the motives of things like this?  I enjoy it for what it is and enjoy watching talent succeeding in life.  Susan Boyle for example.  She and many more would never have been discovered if it weren't for shows like this.  So that's a positivity from me and reason to be cheerful.  I have held and run talent shows for kids for last 30 years and it was great.  Always get critics about how they could have done it better,  but problem for these people is that they don't actually do anything.  Except criticise.

On 4/15/2023 at 2:38 PM, PapofGlencoe said:

Enjoy benidorm!  Never been but folk always seem to come back with a smile on their faces!😃

My cheery news is also holiday related.  I've never been to USA and we've decided to go this week, booked for sunmer which is a big hol for us.. anyone been to Nashville?

We were in Nashville last year

Combined it with a family holiday -  New Orleans, Memphis, Atlanta, Smoky Mountains, and a weekend at The Masters

Grand Ole Opry and Country Music Hall of Fame were excellent

Titans stadium tour is impressive as well

The city itself is spotless, with plenty places to drink and eat at reasonable prices

The Wildhorse Saloon offers an evening filled with fun, dance and grub for all the family - Make sure you check though, as they have a lot of private parties

We found it really nice to walk along the Mississippi Waterfront on an evening too

Not sure what you've got planned, or for how long however, doubt you'll be disappointed 

Have a great time!

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 its definitely a reason to be cheerful. It confirms that despite being driven to drink , your cognitive functions are still intact. 

😂👍I like your thinking.

Enjoy Benidorm 🍹

On 4/17/2023 at 6:45 AM, killiefaetheferry said:

Head for the old town. Wee streets with tapas bars away from the karaoke madness 👍

No such luck . We have half board and I am under pressure to eat in the hotel.

It is bloody mayhem here,  I haven’t heard one foreign accent in 3 days. If I see one more UJ I will go fucking mental . There is a crazy pub across the road from my room with a huge flag , canny even read my book without it catching my eye. 
I have seen 3 Neil Diamond acts and Rod Stewart whose wig fell off constantly. I have seen a drag queen who found it funny to mock dwarves and immigrants but I left before the woman who pulls things out her foofoo came on. 

On a cheerful note its sunny ! 

16 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

No such luck . We have half board and I am under pressure to eat in the hotel.

It is bloody mayhem here,  I haven’t heard one foreign accent in 3 days. If I see one more UJ I will go fucking mental . There is a crazy pub across the road from my room with a huge flag , canny even read my book without it catching my eye. 
I have seen 3 Neil Diamond acts and Rod Stewart whose wig fell off constantly. I have seen a drag queen who found it funny to mock dwarves and immigrants but I left before the woman who pulls things out her foofoo came on. 

On a cheerful note its sunny ! 

Sticky vicky surely can't still be alive? We seen her in 2000 and she was aboot 80 then 😂