• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Back to sky and Ian Crocker then😫😫😫😫

What a thought!  And just to clinch it, Provan also 😭 

Singlehandedly willing us to lose our remaining gamesΒ 

Edited by todd

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No need to panic. All reports I have read tge SFA say payments have been received through UEFA vfrom viaplayΒ  for Scotland matches so that arrangement is not going to change. The SPFL agreement is another matter though.

SPFL deal was done with Premier Sports during COVID, and was done in a way that the money was paid up front to give the clubs some much needed money when fans could not attend.

Sound of things is business as normal, for the time being...... with the only noticeable change that the Motherwell game they are due to show this weekend will be streamed online rather than on a dedicated channel.

Canel+ purchased a 12% stake in Viaplay last night, and sound of things they are looking to sell off and lease out as much of their football as they can in coming weeks (hazard a guess that their cup game might be picked up from TNT, as they will be looking for more football to get their foot through the door in Scotland... and strong chance that the Scotland games might very well end up on STV/ITV4 or BBC Scotland.

22 hours ago, wanderer said:

SPFL deal was done with Premier Sports during COVID, and was done in a way that the money was paid up front to give the clubs some much needed money when fans could not attend.

Sound of things is business as normal, for the time being...... with the only noticeable change that the Motherwell game they are due to show this weekend will be streamed online rather than on a dedicated channel.

Canel+ purchased a 12% stake in Viaplay last night, and sound of things they are looking to sell off and lease out as much of their football as they can in coming weeks (hazard a guess that their cup game might be picked up from TNT, as they will be looking for more football to get their foot through the door in Scotland... and strong chance that the Scotland games might very well end up on STV/ITV4 or BBC Scotland.

I just have this shit feeling sky will pick up all of Scottish football again. I really hoping I'm wrong. Their coverage is absolutely honking.Β 

I also signed up for the Β£59 deal so wondering if that money is now effectively written off? I find it strange that today I got a customer survey email from Viaplay and the first question is "Would you recommend the service to a friend or family"!

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Take with a pinch of salt, but Ewan Cameron mentioning that channel 4 in talks to take over showing our games

Just saw this too, fingers crossed this happensΒ 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Anyone heard anymore about what channel September games will be on?

ViaPlay were advertising on their schedule the Cyprus game a week or two ago (and pretty much making a big deal on it), but made no comment on the England game

18 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

Someone mentioned England game is on channel 4

That was a given, as Channel 4 hold the England rights (similar to when STV tried to make a big deal that they had "secured" the rights to the WC2018 games v England, when reality was they were just piggy backing on ITV as a whole holding the rights to England games).

On 8/15/2023 at 11:26 AM, wanderer said:

ViaPlay were advertising on their schedule the Cyprus game a week or two ago (and pretty much making a big deal on it), but made no comment on the England game

Cyprus game is definitely on Viaplay but I think it will be on the app only. I haven’t checked in a while but I don’t think they have a channel on Sky anymore.Β 

23 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Cyprus game is definitely on Viaplay but I think it will be on the app only. I haven’t checked in a while but I don’t think they have a channel on Sky anymore.Β 

They do, 412 and 419.

Signed up for Viaplay previously but then forgot about it πŸ™„ When I went to cancel they offered the next 3 months for Β£7.49 a month so just went with that. Annoyingly it ends just before the Norway game but hopefully will get out and about to watch it (if a babysitter can be found!)Β 

1 hour ago, csinclair said:

Living in Manchester it's really frustrating how none of the pubs here have even heard of ViaPlay let alone have it. Never been a fan of watching Scotland games sat at home.

I share you frustration. Its also frustrating when football/rugbyΒ  matches are on Amazon or if there are boxing fights on DAZN. Pubs and sports bars won't fork out for every single channel/platform and I can't blame them

• 3 weeks later...