Season 22/23 - Page 36 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 10/27/2022 at 12:50 PM, slasher said:

Shaping up as some season in the Championship again, just 3 points between the top 6! It would be some story if Queens Park came up but personally I’d prefer to see Ayr or Morton come up. Invoking memories of Archie MacPherson/Arthur Montford commentary and grainy footage of the likes of Andy Ritchie putting Aberdeen to the sword or the late Johnny Doyle scoring at Somerset. Ayrshire/Renfrewshire derbies in the top flight would be a great addition.

Anyway, anybody watching at this level regularly got a handle on who might come out on top?

19B4A5E7-6681-4D59-B150-E1C2C2610A87.png

Take a look at the Scottish Premiership without the big two, it's very similar

Screenshot_20221030-134710_Flashscore.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn't ask for the reasons why livi do it. I'm well aware of the why.

I know.  I agree that SPFL is a hopeless league now.  I don't think any of us have the right answer just now.  Unless the OF leave it will remain the same in the forseeable.

8 hours ago, EddardStark said:

A prime example of how VAR doesn’t work well. The video refs actually looking for a still to send him off. The ref should have used common sense and stuck with his original opinion. Maybe a yellow but even would have been harsh. 

The opposite happened in Perth, ref took about five minutes to overturn a red card decision. If it's taking that long it's not a clear and obvious error.

The people that had that flag are scum and not welcome at any game, probably the same young lads that smashed up the toilets yesterday, but I’m led to believe that was sorted out in house 👀 and they’ll most likely think twice about doing it again. 

On 10/27/2022 at 12:50 PM, slasher said:

Shaping up as some season in the Championship again, just 3 points between the top 6! It would be some story if Queens Park came up but personally I’d prefer to see Ayr or Morton come up. Invoking memories of Archie MacPherson/Arthur Montford commentary and grainy footage of the likes of Andy Ritchie putting Aberdeen to the sword or the late Johnny Doyle scoring at Somerset. Ayrshire/Renfrewshire derbies in the top flight would be a great addition.

Anyway, anybody watching at this level regularly got a handle on who might come out on top?

19B4A5E7-6681-4D59-B150-E1C2C2610A87.png

Nope, in a word! It could be any team from about five or six. Unlike previous seasons there is no obvious favourite for the title.

A couple of weeks ago Thistle were four points clear at the top with a healthy goal difference but our form has just fallen off a cliff lately. Ayr, Morton, ICT, Thistle and Queens Park have all been tanking each other in recent weeks.

I have a hunch ICT might take the title but please, don't put any money that! 😂

Anyone see Leigh Griffiths feeling sorry for himself the other day on the BBC ?

"Managers just urnae picking up the phone fir me." - Aye, but have you ever wondered just why that might be Leigh ?

The lad never was the brightest. Can't blame managers for finally giving up on him, he brings far too much baggage along with him.

27 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Anyone see Leigh Griffiths feeling sorry for himself the other day on the BBC ?

"Managers just urnae picking up the phone fir me." - Aye, but have you ever wondered just why that might be Leigh ?

The lad never was the brightest. Can't blame managers for finally giving up on him, he brings far too much baggage along with him.

Until you know the negative effects and depression that mental illness brings, keep your comments to yourself. Do you have a degree in medicine by chance? Yes, I understand why nanagers may be hesitant, but to say he is not the brightest is just down right cruel. The man clearly needs help, and I for one pray he gets it....

33 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Until you know the negative effects and depression that mental illness brings, keep your comments to yourself. Do you have a degree in medicine by chance? Yes, I understand why nanagers may be hesitant, but to say he is not the brightest is just down right cruel. The man clearly needs help, and I for one pray he gets it....

Ahem, Griffiths has been involved in unfortunate legal entanglements and morally questionable situations in recent years and still seems to be hanging around with his jakey mates.

I suggest that's why managers aren't "picking up the phone" for him. They don't want to be dealing with that nonsense.

On 10/31/2022 at 7:33 PM, scotlad said:

Nope, in a word! It could be any team from about five or six. Unlike previous seasons there is no obvious favourite for the title.

A couple of weeks ago Thistle were four points clear at the top with a healthy goal difference but our form has just fallen off a cliff lately. Ayr, Morton, ICT, Thistle and Queens Park have all been tanking each other in recent weeks.

I have a hunch ICT might take the title but please, don't put any money that! 😂

Thanks for that 👍

Im going to keep any eye out for tv coverage, I’ve seen a couple of games advertised on Alba but I’m not sure what the contract is. Who knows I might even make the short trip over to Hamilton the next time they’re up against one of the title chasers!

50 minutes ago, slasher said:

Thanks for that 👍

Im going to keep any eye out for tv coverage, I’ve seen a couple of games advertised on Alba but I’m not sure what the contract is. Who knows I might even make the short trip over to Hamilton the next time they’re up against one of the title chasers!

Theres a game on pretty much every Friday night on BBC Scotland channel you could catch. 👍 

17 hours ago, CumbernauldJag said:

Theres a game on pretty much every Friday night on BBC Scotland channel you could catch. 👍 

Yip, I see its Cove v Queens Park tomorrow night. If I can prise the remote off Mrs Slasher I’ll give it a watch 👍

6 hours ago, slasher said:

Yip, I see its Cove v Queens Park tomorrow night. If I can prise the remote off Mrs Slasher I’ll give it a watch 👍

I can't confirm but I'm sure you can watch online via iplayer too

13 hours ago, slasher said:

I was at Cove v ICT a few weeks back ; pretty sterile experience aside from the atmosphere generated by noisy band of ICT fans - quite busy , but i always got the impression that for a lot of people attending it was their 2nd team , so not same passion or interest for many - not sure how it will come over on tv.... dont imagine many fans up from QP on a friday night for a televised game...

5 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

I was at Cove v ICT a few weeks back ; pretty sterile experience aside from the atmosphere generated by noisy band of ICT fans - quite busy , but i always got the impression that for a lot of people attending it was their 2nd team , so not same passion or interest for many - not sure how it will come over on tv.... dont imagine many fans up from QP on a friday night for a televised game...

Seems strange that Aberdeen and Cove are both at home on a Friday night, I’d imagine that and the TV will kill cove a bit tonight.