Season 22/23 - Page 90 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I will watch the game tomorrow as got the sports channels in now.  I think it was Jock Stein (or maybe Shankly) that said football without the fans is nothing.  Modern clubs would do well to remember that.  Most of us on here can't stand the bigotry that an OF game brings.  But it is box office stuff when both sets of supporters are in full cry.  That has been taken away and demeans the fixture.  If Sky or whoever threatened the OF with pulling out as the fixture ain't the same then they would soon change their tune.  That is my OPINION VA!!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both clubs are involved in a tit for tat. Fan pressure was originally behind it. But now it’s simple economics. They know the stadiums will be filled. So filling them with their own fans is a better option in terms of stadium safety and commercial and retail sales. Whether Sky will entertain this long term is a different matter. 

24 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

QP pumped 4-1. It's getting interesting now..Partick only 3 points of the top. Ma neighbor Davy doin backflips..🤣

Just back from the game.

QP weren't even good enough to get one Ramy. The second Thistle goal was a work of art - seek it out.

It's Dundee's title to lose now.

5 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Just back from the game.

QP weren't even good enough to get one Ramy. The second Thistle goal was a work of art - seek it out.

Aye Barney, just looked at the table, Dundee 1 off the top with 2 games in hand.. Wonder what's up with QP? Partick are on good form now, just chatting with ma neighbor, had all his gear on..🤣

We were talking the other day about Ranger/Celtic.  I remember Celtic pummeling Rangers at Parkhead on many occasions and by far the better team.  Goram, Laudrup and Gascoigne would just shrug their shoulders at Celtic's efforts and go up the park and steal a win. It was down to mentality that Smith instilled in them at that time.  Rangers will need that today to have any chance in my opinion.  Looking forward to it.

Not one pundit on Sky or Radio Scotland thought it was a foul and Morellos goal should have stood.  Can't see the Rangers fans complaining to SFA, their local MP or everyone that will listen to the eternal victims.  Dignity in defeat is something the victims canny do.  It's always somebody else's fault.  Celtic deserved to win as created more chances.

7 minutes ago, SamP said:

Not one pundit on Sky or Radio Scotland thought it was a foul and Morellos goal should have stood.  Can't see the Rangers fans complaining to SFA, their local MP or everyone that will listen to the eternal victims.  Dignity in defeat is something the victims canny do.  It's always somebody else's fault.  Celtic deserved to win as created more chances.

It was a foul, ya dafty. 😄

17 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Just back from the game.

Agree on all points. 

Oddly though, in the first half, I thought QP played some of the best football I've seen them play this season, even when they humped us 4-0 at Firhill earlier in the season.

Thistle were comfortably the better team in the second half though and look like a team reborn under Kris Doolan.

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

Some laugh eh?

The jambos imploding, the huns exploding! 😂

What a pleasant weekend! 😎

Can’t be, hearts had 3rd place and European football until Xmas sown up months ago……..someone obviously never told wee Duk. 

Whilst I’m on about him, what a load of shite radio Scotland spouted after the game today, they said the goal was 17 seconds, it was actually 15 seconds 😆

3 hours ago, SamP said:

How did your beloved Raith Rovers get on today?

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

Agree on all points. 

Oddly though, in the first half, I thought QP played some of the best football I've seen them play this season, even when they humped us 4-0 at Firhill earlier in the season.

Thistle were comfortably the better team in the second half though and look like a team reborn under Kris Doolan.

QP were indeed decent in the first half but lacked any focal point up top. Ironically Simon Murray (whom they transferred to Ross County in January under curious circumstances) scored today. So who knows?

Even with Arbroath doing us a wee favour today, those ten points dropped at home to Cove and Hamilton look like being very expensive.

Having said that, really enjoying the Doolan effect on McCall's squad - hell we even scored twice e last night when Cammy Smith was on the park!!!

Just saw Celtic's two second half goals

The short/wrong angle pass back is fair enough - that happens every now and then

But the goal that put Celtic 2-1 up was unbelievable defending from Ben Davies - the ball and Jota should have been put out the park  

If you did that at school you would be called a fairy

Had Celtic minus 2 btw