Season 22/23 - Page 91 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

53 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

QP were indeed decent in the first half but lacked any focal point up top. Ironically Simon Murray (whom they transferred to Ross County in January under curious circumstances) scored today. So who knows?

Even with Arbroath doing us a wee favour today, those ten points dropped at home to Cove and Hamilton look like being very expensive.

Having said that, really enjoying the Doolan effect on McCall's squad - hell we even scored twice e last night when Cammy Smith was on the park!!!

Aye, transferring your top scorer is a strange move indeed for a side apparently challenging for the title. 🤔

I think the title is probably beyond us but hopefully we can keep the good run going and get second spot - it's advantageous as far as the playoffs go.

Doolan has done really well for a rookie manager. It's still early days but he seems to really "get it"; his tactics last night were spot on and the players clearly want to play for him. And if he manages to get a tune out of Cammy Smith we'll have Real Madrid wanting him as their next boss! 😂

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/2/2023 at 1:43 AM, CumbernauldJag said:

Fingers crossed for a home win and a decent game for you👍

Two games in 18 hours was a lot, I’m knackered!

I was a wee bit late in and left a wee bit early as I was getting picked up. Thoroughly enjoyed the game , there was a lot of decent football played. The 2nd goal was a testament to that , absolutely superb! 👏

Unfortunately I missed goals 3 & 4 but Queens seem to be falling off a cliff, they certainly did in the 2nd half.

Dundee are in pole position now but I can’t help but think there could be another twist!

I’ll talk about the ‘other’ game tomorrow when I’ve had time to think about it 👍

Edited by slasher

We’re not that  far off Celtic really. But we are seriously lacking in the striker department and that has  cost us in every game against them this season.
Defensive errors cost us.

Hopefully the lunatic fringe  in the Celtic support and some in the media convinced that VAR is AI extension of a Masonic Conspiracy will shut up now. 

Strange game that! Early in the 2nd half at 1-1 I thought we might actually lose it, then at 3-1 I thought we were going to hammer them again. Clearly Mooy was miles off it and we badly missed Hatate in the midfield but Iwata made a big difference when he came on. The bottom line is we got the job done without being anywhere near our best.

The usual suspects (Kent & Morelos)were anonymous for the huns and apart from Tavernier their only attacking threat was Tillman who does an extraordinary amount of diving about the place. His attempt to get Johnston sent off for a perfectly executed tackle was quite the thing. He lay there for about a minute while play raged on before finally giving it up 😂

If the huns go with the same again at Hampden I’d be pretty confident we’ll win again, I can’t see us playing as badly next time. I won’t see it anyway as I’ll be on a flight home at the time. 90 odd minutes of stress cut out my life 👍

13 minutes ago, SamP said:

Rangers letter off to SFA regarding VAR.  It must be worthwhile if Rangers are complaining.  Stand on.

We are only learning from the masters of “we demand clarification.”
I’ve watched it a few times. It’s debatable in terms of making a stand on it. However if that had been at the other end  then I think there would be questions raised in parliament about it. 

Edited by EddardStark

I have to laugh at some of these comments, from the team that have not had a single penalty awarded against them, brother Beaton, Collum, moaning about a dissalowed goal from the thug himself when it WAS a foul is laughable. Then the Tillman divin machine, please. Our boy Oh could have had a shout for a penalty claim, you don't see us moaning to the SFA. Beaten fair and square again by a vastly superior football team and a Master Manager... Mind The Gap !!! 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I have to laugh at some of these comments, from the team that have not had a single penalty awarded against them, brother Beaton, Collum, moaning about a dissalowed goal from the thug himself when it WAS a foul is laughable. Then the Tillman divin machine, please. Our boy Oh could have had a shout for a penalty claim, you don't see us moaning to the SFA. Beaten fair and square again by a vastly superior football team and a Master Manager... Mind The Gap !!! 🙂 

Quote of the year so far.  You never let the TAMB down Big Stuff 🤪

22 minutes ago, SamP said:

Yer a Wag!!!!  You been reading books with big words in them again?

Not replying to you again after this post. You are an idiot. You drag the board down, and you know it. Do the board a favor and fuck off, though I am sure you will find another username.. Stand On kid !!

2 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Not replying to you again after this post. You are an idiot. You drag the board down, and you know it. Do the board a favor and fuck off, though I am sure you will find another username.. Stand On kid !!

Ach lighten up.  Yer team bought, sorry, won the league yesterday so stand on.  

13 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

🤣. Morales has a fish supper tucked under his jersey the fat bastard...

That's better.  Your not the same guy without insults and sweary words.  It's a brilliant way of debating a point and makes you look great.