Steve Clarke Fuck Off - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steve Clarke Fuck Off

kumnio

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

He should have been sacked after Dublin, Id guess thats when I started this thread.

He won't be sacked now, even after a run of 7 games without a win, during which we have played Spain, England, France & Netherlands. Personally think that the Georgia away and Norway at home games were pretty dismal, and obviously tonight was worse than that.

When Clarke gets it right, Spain at home, Denmark at home for example, we can be very good. But we are incredibly poor at times under him, and he looks clueless in regards of how to change things. IMO, he is holding us back, and we would get more from this squad with another manager. I know that some will disagree, especially the Steve Clarke loyal, but its my opinion.

Spot on.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Failure? Are you honestly this fucking stupid. 

Would any "top" nation stick with a manager after a run of results like that ?

The answer by the way is no.

We are no longer a top nation and as has been shown over the last 30 years - failure is acceptable to us

Yes - the 7 games without a win have been "meaningless" - That's one way to look at it i guess going forward

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

He should have been sacked after Dublin, Id guess thats when I started this thread.

He won't be sacked now, even after a run of 7 games without a win, during which we have played Spain, England, France & Netherlands. Personally think that the Georgia away and Norway at home games were pretty dismal, and obviously tonight was worse than that.

When Clarke gets it right, Spain at home, Denmark at home for example, we can be very good. But we are incredibly poor at times under him, and he looks clueless in regards of how to change things. IMO, he is holding us back, and we would get more from this squad with another manager. I know that some will disagree, especially the Steve Clarke loyal, but its my opinion.

Part of me agrees with this as I don't think we have hit our ceiling yet and can progress a lot higher. Even if we played a team like Wales atm then I think they would do us despite us having a superior squad IMO. There is just something missing in this team for me.

However, we are really struggling in the CB area, every game they are either costing us goals or giving up easy chances, Clarke can't seem to figure out his best pairings are either.

We don't have a quality striker which can make all the difference, for example like a Keane for ROI back in the day, Haaland for Norway etc. Why not give Conway or Hardie or Stewart a go if we are picking Championship level strikers, it's quite baffling at times as they could end up as a better option than the likes of Adams or Dykes. 

Not finding a place for Ferguson is criminal. He is our most in form player playing at a very high level yet no doubt we will stick with the likes of Mcgregor, Christie etc before him.

Why isn't the young boys like Doig, Doak etc in this squad, Wales playing teens all the time yet we are very relunctant. Doak is different to everyone else we have so why not have him in incase we need an impact sub, it's the same for Fraser!

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Would any "top" nation stick with a manager after a run of results like that ?

The answer by the way is no.

We are no longer a top nation and as has been shown over the last 30 years - failure is acceptable to us

Yes - the 7 games without a win have been "meaningless" - That's one way to look at it i guess going forward

I'm not sure why you refer to top nations. Nobody argue that we are and IMO we never have been top Nation 

No nation at our level would sack their manager after qualifying the way we did. 

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

No nation at our level would sack their manager after qualifying the way we did. 

The way we qualified still gives me the fucking fear looking back - we were very, very, very fortunate and have carried a mahoosive amount of luck

But i already agreed with that in my previous post

It's very likely that we could be 1 win from 12 after the Euros and a distinct possibility that we could be 1 win from 18 by the end of the year. God bless Gibraltar 🤣

If that was the case it would be difficult for him to survive regardless of the opposition. 

29 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Why isn't the young boys like Doig, Doak etc in this squad, Wales playing teens all the time yet we are very relunctant. Doak is different to everyone else we have so why not have him in incase we need an impact sub, it's the same for Fraser!

Well simple one for Doak. He's injured.

18 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

Clarke sees the Euros out and moves on, IMO.

Unless a club comes in for his services & pays up decent compo or he resigns himself (which I can’t see) then he isn’t going anywhere. He’s on a contract till 2026. He knows he’s got an easy number and the SFA certainly ain’t going to get rid of a guy that’s took us to back to back Euro qualifications.

Edited by DesiScotsman

3 minutes ago, DesiScotsman said:

Unless at club comes in for his services or he resigns himself (which I can’t see) then he isn’t going anywhere. He’s on a contract till 2026.

Depends on performances at the Euros. If we did really badly then he might just resign. He will be remembered fondly for restoring some pride in the national team and getting us to a couple of tournaments after such a long absence but if we got absolutely humiliated then I doubt he'd want to stay on.

To be fair (and I don’t agree with the sentiment of this thread) auld Stevie lad doesn’t really do himself any favours in his post match presser there, ‘it is what it is’ 🙈

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

To be fair (and I don’t agree with the sentiment of this thread) auld Stevie lad doesn’t really do himself any favours in his post match presser there, ‘it is what it is’ 🙈

He's away to tan a litre of vodka. 

36 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Absolute knee jerk nonsense. Sack Clarke? Very good. 😄 After a friendly! 

Gies peace.

It’s not after a friendly, it’s after a run of results.  Not sure any one has actually said sack him rather suggest things we reckon he is doing wrong. 
Personally I think Ralston had to get a run out tonight and in one of the two matches Christie should have been played deeper. 
Two friendlies wasted with nothing learnt other than Patterson and Dykes currently aren’t up to it. 

2 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Clarke has done a good job for us no question. However, is this partly due to having some of the best players we've had since the late 90's?

I like him as a guy and is a great fit for Scotland but some of his decisions really are baffling and he is far too safe/loyal to players for my liking, wishing he was more ruthless because I just can't see us progressing any further than where we are at the minute as he is no willing to try anything different

What players does Clarke have that previous managers havent? 

Gilmour & Hickey?

Our players are about the same standard now as they have always been. Clarke got them playing in a style that suited them. Solved the Robertson / Tierney issue.

The likes of McGinn and McTomminay kicked on for their club after finding form under Clarke.

He have lost 1 game out of 7 that id expect us to win. A draw in Georgia and a draw at home to Norway arent disasters, especially given the injuries and nothing riding on the games.

Tonight was very poor, worringly poor but people need to give themselves a shake. 

Comparing us to a top nation like some are on here is stupid. We are not a tier 1 footballing nation like France, Spain, England etc. The fact we are even thinking about competing at that level is down to the work Clarke and the squad have done.

3 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Gilmour & Hickey?

Our players are about the same standard now as they have always been. Clarke got them playing in a style that suited them. Solved the Robertson / Tierney issue.

The likes of McGinn and McTomminay kicked on for their club after finding form under Clarke.

He have lost 1 game out of 7 that id expect us to win. A draw in Georgia and a draw at home to Norway arent disasters, especially given the injuries and nothing riding on the games.

Tonight was very poor, worringly poor but people need to give themselves a shake. 

Comparing us to a top nation like some are on here is stupid. We are not a tier 1 footballing nation like France, Spain, England etc. The fact we are even thinking about competing at that level is down to the work Clarke and the squad have done.

This is all correct 👍 

Expectations successfully managed for the summer. Hopefully our top players perform in June and we see what we are really capable of. I’m still hopeful 👍

10 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Gilmour & Hickey?

Have you been following Scotland for very long? This is by far the best squad we’ve had in the past 20 years. 

32 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

He's away to tan a litre of vodka. 

With Michael O'Neill in town too some Glaswegian publican's summer holiday will paid for by closing time tonight! 🤣

1 hour ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Part of me agrees with this as I don't think we have hit our ceiling yet and can progress a lot higher. Even if we played a team like Wales atm then I think they would do us despite us having a superior squad IMO. There is just something missing in this team for me.

However, we are really struggling in the CB area, every game they are either costing us goals or giving up easy chances, Clarke can't seem to figure out his best pairings are either.

We don't have a quality striker which can make all the difference, for example like a Keane for ROI back in the day, Haaland for Norway etc. Why not give Conway or Hardie or Stewart a go if we are picking Championship level strikers, it's quite baffling at times as they could end up as a better option than the likes of Adams or Dykes. 

Not finding a place for Ferguson is criminal. He is our most in form player playing at a very high level yet no doubt we will stick with the likes of Mcgregor, Christie etc before him.

That’s why Clarke is the manager and you are not.  I haven’t even heard of Conway and Hardie.

I don’t think doak has even got in to the Liverpool side?

he is picking the best players available it’s just they are not quite as good as we would all like.

24 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

That’s why Clarke is the manager and you are not.  I haven’t even heard of Conway and Hardie.

I don’t think doak has even got in to the Liverpool side?

he is picking the best players available it’s just they are not quite as good as we would all like.

As the old saying goes, you can only piss with the dick you've got, and our dick has a nice shape in the middle but is weak and flaccid underneath. And it fires blanks.

Then again, we still should have been capable of not getting beat at home by Michael O'Neill's rag-bag collection of journeymen and youth players.

53 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Have you been following Scotland for very long? This is by far the best squad we’ve had in the past 20 years. 

Will be easy to answer my question then. What players does Clarke have that others didnt. 

Its not like a Gareth Bale or Robbie Keane type player has emerged on his watch. 

We have a really good squad atm however prior to Clarke alot of our best players like Robertson, Tierney, McGinn and McTominnay struggled to perform for Scotland. The fact they perform so well now is partly down to Clarke.

Tonights team had 6 top flight regulars starting. It had 3 championship players, a Saudi league player and Evertons 3rd choice RB.

For comparison I picked a random game around the same time of the year in 2014 and we had 7 EPL players starting, 2 Scottish Prem (Celtic) and 1 championship player. 

Its not like Clarke has 11 champions league regulars taking the field where all he needs to do is send them out there and they will get results.