Poland friendly at Hampden - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Poland friendly at Hampden

stocky

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, marinello said:

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but has anyone received their ticket confirmation email for the Poland game?

Suggestions?

AlfieMoon suggested this above...

On 3/17/2022 at 5:59 PM, AlfieMoon said:

Go in to your purchase history (where you were), click on the ‘I’ icon for additional info on the transaction. 

You’ll see an option to ‘resend email’ - try that. 

The status of printed just means that it has (or should have) been sent by email.

You don’t need to print the tickets if you can show them on a smartphone. Doesn’t do any harm to have a printed copy as back up  

6 minutes ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Outstanding that 33’000 tickets have already been sold according to the social media channels.

Wonder how close we’ll get to a sell-out.

Great demonstration of how far Scotland have come and the new wave of support we have when a Thursday night friendly is getting this type of attendance.

Yes. That"s good. Will be a big Poland support though. It"s always like that when countries have a huge amount of immigrants from certain countries. Look at when Germany are at home to Turkey. It happens to a certain degree the odd time we play in Canada or Australia, and certainly when Ireland play in the usa. Everybody be it Scotland, Ireland, Poland, Turkey etc turn out to prove  how Scottish, Irish, Polish, Turkish they still are. At least the atmosphere for a friendly should bre good. 

19 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Yes. That"s good. Will be a big Poland support though. It"s always like that when countries have a huge amount of immigrants from certain countries. Look at when Germany are at home to Turkey. It happens to a certain degree the odd time we play in Canada or Australia, and certainly when Ireland play in the usa. Everybody be it Scotland, Ireland, Poland, Turkey etc turn out to prove  how Scottish, Irish, Polish, Turkish they still are. At least the atmosphere for a friendly should bre good. 

4500 tickets sold to Poland fans according to Ian Maxwell.

1 hour ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Good stuff from them 👍🏼 They really created a cracking atmosphere last time in 2015. That was my laddie’s first ever game (he’s half Polish) that 2-2 draw. 
This time he’s wearing a Scotland top, Poland trackie top with a Scotland scarf! I’m taking him out of school early and making a day of it. Looking forward to it despite it only being a friendly. 

I'd say, listening to the soundbites coming out of Anfield and Jurgen Klopp plus the fact Andy Robertson missed the weekend FA Cup tie with illness, that would suggest Andy Robertson will miss the Poland match. It would make sense to slot Aaron Hickey in at left-wing back and have Nathan Patterson as right wing-back. 

Assuming Robertson doesnt make it for Thursday I would with the following:

GK: Kelly

Lwb: Hickey

Rwb : Patterson

CBs, Tierney, Hanley, Hendry

2 deep CMs: Gilmour and McGregor

2 attacking mids: McGinn and McTom

Striker: Adams 

22 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

How many Scotland tickets sold? 

Any idea 🤔🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

22 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Good stuff from them 👍🏼 They really created a cracking atmosphere last time in 2015. That was my laddie’s first ever game (he’s half Polish) that 2-2 draw. 
This time he’s wearing a Scotland top, Poland trackie top with a Scotland scarf! I’m taking him out of school early and making a day of it. Looking forward to it despite it only being a friendly. 

Post's like this make me miss the emojis,have a great day with the wee lad.

2 hours ago, stocky said:

How many Scotland tickets sold? 

Any idea 🤔🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Looks like it'll be over 40,000 in total on Thursday. 

Top of South not on sale yet but West/North sold out and East looks about 2/3rds sold out. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

The side I'd like to see start tomorrow (bearing in mind Robertson is out and Hickey also unwell and likely out):

Gordon

Hendry                Hanley             McTominay

Patterson                                                                                                                                       Tierney                                                                                                                                 

Armstrong             Gilmour             McGregor

McGinn

Adams

Edited by Caledonian Craig

On 3/22/2022 at 1:43 PM, Diamond Scot said:

Assuming Robertson doesnt make it for Thursday I would with the following:

GK: Kelly

Lwb: Hickey

Rwb : Patterson

CBs, Tierney, Hanley, Hendry

2 deep CMs: Gilmour and McGregor

2 attacking mids: McGinn and McTom

Striker: Adams 

Replace McTominay with Armstrong and you have yourself a deal.  👍

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No Hickey though. He is unwell apparently and unlikely to start and may not feature at all.

How disappointing, I was looking forward to seeing him play.

I suppose it'll most probably be Greg Taylor at LWB.  Whoop.

12 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Or slot Tierney in there and play McTominay in a back three. Or I suppose playing O'Donnell on the right and Patterson on the left.

If Cooper or McKenna were available I'd play one of them at LCB and have Tierney start at LWB.  I'd rather play Taylor than have Patterson play LWB though.  

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

Replace McTominay with Armstrong and you have yourself a deal.  👍

I think we know what Armstrong can do in that position. Would be interesting to see what McTominay can.

Im not one that subscribes to the thought that he has been poor at RCB but would be good to get him back into midfield. With McGreggor and Gilmour performing well together I think McGinn and McTom could have the energy to attributes to do the same abit further up.