Ukraine - Page 47 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 minutes ago, Lamia said:

The difference is the Asov battalion is incorporated into the Ukrainian military

The person who formed the battalion was also an MP. 

Are you saying The Wagner Group havent been incorporated into the Russian Military ?

There is a difference but it is not the one you think it is - and it's plausible deniability

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Are you saying The Wagner Group havent been incorporated into the Russian Military ?

There is a difference but it is not the one you think it is - and it's plausible deniability

It actually really not the point I am making though. The point is the MSM are not covering this aspect and are dismissing the far right aspect to this when it does exist

2 minutes ago, Lamia said:

It actually really not the point I am making though. The point is the MSM are not covering this aspect and are dismissing the far right aspect to this when it does exist

It is being reported in the print media - and often

All you need to do is google Azov Battalion then hit the news selection

This is from 2 days ago

https://www.dw.com/en/the-azov-battalion-extremists-defending-mariupol/a-61151151

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

This is from 2 days ago

https://www.dw.com/en/the-azov-battalion-extremists-defending-mariupol/a-61151151

Yeah if you google it because you know about it of course you can find it. Where is it on TV news and generally reported in media that most people access. 

I can guarantee if you asked the majority of people they would never have heard of them 

Edited by Lamia

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

This is from 2 days ago

I have just googled it and you get that story which is from German media and one from Al Jazeera and an old 2014 Guardian article and then some other websites I have never heard of on the first page so hardly mainstream coverage in the UK. Oh there is a Telegraph article on the second page. No BBC no Sky, no Channel 4, or any other mainstream newspaper 

2 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Yeah if you google it because you know about it of course you can find it. Where is it on TV news and generally reported in media that most people access. 

I can guarantee if you asked the majority of people they would never have heard of them 

Probably because there are a smaller number of neo nazis on the Ukraine side defending against a larger number of neo nazis on the Russian side

As i quoted from someone on twitter - If you are constantly talking about the Azov battalion and ignoring the Wagner Group and other far right elements on the Russian side then it's because your Neo Nazis are not winning

The irony as pointed out earlier is that groups on either side are funded by Jewish individuals

It is not as cut and dry as some would want you to believe 

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Do you have thplinth on ignore? Or do you just not read the stuff that he posts. He has posted loads of interesting stuff about them.

Sorry I meant ‘wasn’t’ talking about here 🙄😆. Me any my typos. 

23 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I was thinking about this last night when the supposed terms came through from Turkey

Imagine it was your country and the oppressor had reduced many of your cities to rubble and deliberately bombed women and children

Id be saying fuck that to those terms as well

A peace deal is going to be hard, not least because how can the Ukrainians trust any Russian promises?  Just days before Ukraine was invaded, Putin said that was the very thing that wasn't going to happen. Unfortunately Zelensky is in the most difficult position, give in to Russian demands, lose Ukrainian territory, don't join NATO, basically do whatever Putin tells you or your cities will get reduced to rubble.  

On 3/18/2022 at 3:28 PM, Orraloon said:

We don't have the same fighting spirit that the Ukrainians do. We couldn't even be bothered voting for independence, never mind fighting for it.

It's embarrassing that we only had to vote for it and still shat out.

Zelensky has banned 11 opposition parties including one with almost 10% of the Parliament seats. The reasons given are they have links to Russia

He has also merged all national TV channels into one platform

www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-shameful-silence-about-the-hunter-biden-laptop-story

'Well over a year after the presidential election, long after all mainstream media outlets killed a legitimate story about Hunter Biden’s infamous laptop, the New York Times finally announced it had ‘authenticated’ the computer and its messages.....

...While major new outlets were killing the story, two of the biggest social media platforms, Twitter and Facebook, were making sure you couldn’t read it. Users on Twitter and Facebook were not permitted to display or share the New York Post story, the same story which the Times has now backed up. In the crucial days leading up to the election, Twitter even suspended the New York Post’s Twitter account. ....

....Even now, after the Times story, the most prominent mainstream outlets still won’t mention Hunter’s laptop, its damning information, or their role in covering it up. NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, and CNN have all maintained radio silence since the Times story broke. Brian Stelter, who passes for a media analyst at CNN, and who highlighted the laptop story as ‘Russian disinformation’ before the election, refused to mention it in his latest newsletter'.

www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-did-the-media-cover-up-the-hunter-biden-laptop-story-

It’s now a familiar pattern – a sensational news story is dismissed by serious journalists as bogus right-wing agitprop. You’d have to be a swivel-eyed conspiracy theorist to believe that. You don’t want to be one of those. Then, a year or so later, the same important media organs, the same authorities who made you feel crazy for thinking that the story might be credible, turn around and tell you that, yep, it was true all along

But the Hunter laptop story raises serious concerns about the Biden family and the role Joe Biden played as Vice President, especially in 2014 when he took the lead on the Ukraine crisis. It’s well-known that Hunter had a ludicrously well paid job at the Ukrainian mining company Burisma, despite having little qualifications for the role beyond his surname. Hunter’s emails, as the Times reports, suggest he was using or hoping to use his father’s vice-presidential visits to Ukraine as leverage in his business dealings. This is potentially a major story that relates to what is now the biggest foreign policy crisis in the world. Yet the story was quickly hushed up and then for several months treated as fake news – even though clearly it wasn’t.

Bad guy propoganda bad - good guy propoganda good for a morale purpose.  

35 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Bad guy propoganda bad - good guy propoganda good for a morale purpose.  

Snap.

I always knew there was something very odd about the way the US establishment / media reacted to the election of Trump. I pointed it out on here at the time but of course I was smeared as a Trump supporter etc.. They went ballistic when he got elected and I never really understood why until now. They had to make it impossible for Trump to be seen to be friendly towards Russia because this war was planned before he decided to run and him unexpectedly winning totally fucked up their war plans (for 4 years). That is why I suspect they also cheated the election, they just could not tolerate a further delay.

(The Russia collusion hoax pushed on here by the same folk pushing the Salmond smears... it is all very weird and all roads it seems head back to Langley. If Blair worked for the US intelligence services (and he did IMHO) is it such a stretch to think that Sturgeon might. Scotland is very strategically important to them...)

Edited by thplinth

Off topic but not off topic...

Salmond just posed an unacceptable risk post BREXIT. He was politically neutered IMHO.

Nicola and Peter are too stupid to have done what they have done by themselves. Their ruination of the independence movement and the SNP has been systematic and methodical from the second Sturgeon took over from Salmond to the present day.

She is a wrong 'un.

But anyway, back to Ukraine.

The Salmond stitch-up was on some level an 'operation' I am sure of that (again IMHO).

The fruit the Sturgeon tree has borne the last 8 years tells you what she is.

It really raises a lot of questions about the integrity of 2014 as well.

If they did rig the US election to get Trump out do you think they would give a fuck about putting their thumb on the scales in a poxy Scottish referendum if it really mattered to them.

Look at what they did to Salmond in the aftermath of 2014. Something really spooked them so much that Salmond had to be taken out the picture. 

That tells me we may have won (or come much closer) n 2014...  You better believe they are capable of it. 

Sorry, back to Ukraine, honest.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Snap.

I always knew there was something very odd about the way the US establishment / media reacted to the election of Trump. I pointed it out on here at the time but of course I was smeared as a Trump supporter etc.. They went ballistic when he got elected and I never really understood why until now. They had to make it impossible for Trump to be seen to be friendly towards Russia because this war was planned before he decided to run and him unexpectedly winning totally fucked up their war plans (for 4 years). That is why I suspect they also cheated the election, they just could not tolerate a further delay.

(The Russia collusion hoax pushed on here by the same folk pushing the Salmond smears... it is all very weird and all roads it seems head back to Langley. If Blair worked for the US intelligence services (and he did IMHO) is it such a stretch to think that Sturgeon might. Scotland is very strategically important to them...)

... it's right there in the post. 😀 But happy to help out.

Summation of what has gone before really but thought the Facebook bit was interesting in the post-truth era we seemingly frequent.  So the Nazi’s do exist but don’t exist but you can praise them for fighting but not for fighting: 

Profile: Who are Ukraine’s far-right Azov regiment? | Military News | Al Jazeera

The oscillation of Facebook

In 2016, Facebook first designated the Azov regiment a “dangerous organisation”.

Under the company’s Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy, Azov was banned from its platforms in 2019. The group was placed under Facebook’s Tier 1 designation, which includes groups such as the Ku Klux Klan and ISIL (ISIS). Users engaging in praise, support or representation of Tier 1 groups are also banned.

However, on February 24, the day Russia launched its invasion, Facebook reversed its ban, saying it would allow praise for Azov.

“For the time being, we are making a narrow exception for praise of the Azov regiment strictly in the context of defending Ukraine, or in their role as part of the Ukraine national guard,” a spokesperson from Facebook’s parent company, Meta, told Business Insider.

The reversal of policy will be an immense headache for Facebook moderators, the Intercept, a US-based website, said.

“While Facebook users may now praise any future battlefield action by Azov soldiers against Russia, the new policy notes that ‘any praise of violence’ committed by the group is still forbidden; it’s unclear what sort of nonviolent warfare the company anticipates,” the Intercept wrote.

Al Mayadeen reported this too at the beginning of the month although fuck knows who to believe anymore which, in general, I suspect is the whole point in the current media set-up:

Ukrainian military targets Azov Battalion: Chechen leader | Al Mayadeen English

Basically the Nazi's that do or don't exist had a missile fired at them by their own side for not taking orders accordingly to the Chechen leader drafted in to fight them.  

If I read this correctly then the CIA are behind the whole Alex Salmond affair.   I thought I knew all the various conspiracy threads but I have to admit that's a new one on me.

Edited by aaid

22 hours ago, thplinth said:

Off topic but not off topic...

Salmond just posed an unacceptable risk post BREXIT. He was politically neutered IMHO.

Nicola and Peter are too stupid to have done what they have done by themselves. Their ruination of the independence movement and the SNP has been systematic and methodical from the second Sturgeon took over from Salmond to the present day.

She is a wrong 'un.

But anyway, back to Ukraine.

The evidence tends to support your theory, I have to say.  The thing that really annoyed me was the "Stop Brexit" election campaign - instead of pushing for independence, she wanted, or said she wanted, to stop a brexit that England had voted for.  Instead, she should have been seizing the opportunity to leverage indy using the brexit vote, but she didn't.  That and then the Salmond stitch up, which has only partially been covered up by widespread redaction of documents, set alarm bells ringing.  I think Sturgeon has been compromised in some way, and as for her husband, I just instinctively distrust him.  my gut feeling is that the root of all this is the British state doing underhand things to stop indy, and what better way to do that than to have a puppet compromised leader in place?  Eventually something will come out and maybe that will re-motivate the indy movement, but I have to say that Alba isn't likely to be the beneficiary as Salmond is now, sadly in my opinion, unelectable.

Reverting to Ukraine, strange how this war (or not a war if you're name is Putin) is being used to try to make a case that Scotland can't be independent.  Just like every world event.  The reason we can't be independent is probably that the rUK and USA want to keep us under their thumb - maybe that should be the message used to win support for indy.