Ukraine - Page 44 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Russia invaded Ukraine less than three weeks ago. Moscow is now forced to recruit fighters from Syria and weapons from China. Its stock market has been shut down for weeks. Putin is obsessed with Russia being a great power. His invasion of Ukraine is revealing the opposite.

putin will be at his most dangerous when he realises that he isn’t achieving his objectives.  

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched some American - Robert Bell - on Sky News basically saying Poland couldn't give Ukraine their fighter jets as it was spoken about too openly and it should have been done quietly. NATO planes used against Russia, of course people wouldn't have believed it, however, if that wee secret got out then you would have had a major escalation. Patiently waiting on Alister Jack's outrage on such wreckless comments.

Whenever you are in a war it is always best to tell your enemy what you are NOT going to do

Said no cunt ever

Yet Nicola Sturgeon gets grief for saying the proper narrative

“Pro-Trump, pro-Putin, right wing, QAnon, conspiracy theorist - remind you of anyone?“

Tulsi Gabbard was a US Democrat congresswoman you frother. 😃

I believe she was served in the US military. 

Chicken hawk war monger cunts telling us she is proPutin. It is amazing really.

Edited by thplinth

7 minutes ago, thplinth said:

“Pro-Trump, pro-Putin, right wing, QAnon, conspiracy theorist - remind you of anyone?“

Tulsi Gabbard was a US Democrat congresswoman you frother. 😃

I believe she was served in the US military. 

Chicken hawk war monger cunts telling us she is proPutin. It is amazing really.

I was talking about you numb nuts, but then you knew that anyway.

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That's a bit weird. Why didn't they just arrest the guy with the camera?

Because they haven’t got to the part where they’re arresting foreign journalists yet. 

They’re only concerned with restricting what the domestic audience sees.

I'll not post it but the footage of the aftermath of the 'Tochka O' missile strike on Donetsk is heart breaking. The old guy standing in the street with his head in his hands crying over I assume his wife is terrible. Makes the arguments on here seem petty in the extreme. All war is fundamentally insane, it is never clearer seeing something like that.

Watching the enormous human suffering unleashed on one country after another this last 20 years now, giant crowds of refugees, with their homes and countries in ruins. It is obvious the architects of it all have zero empathy with any of these people and it is exactly the same in Ukraine. 

They just don't care about them nor us. We are totally expendable. That old man greeting does not penetrate, nothing pricks their consciences. Nothing, it is shocking to witness what has been done since 9/11 especially but it goes back much longer. Just this relentless all consuming war machine that no one can stop...

You could say it is psychopathic and that would fit but you could also say it is evil and that fits too. Unfortunately I don't think we can just blank it like most did while they destroyed Iraq, Libya, Syria etc. It is coming to our doorstep now or so it seems.

www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/15/china-does-not-want-to-be-impacted-by-russia-sanctions-fm

“China is not a party to the crisis, still less wants to be affected by the sanctions,” Wang Yi said, according to a readout of a phone call with Spanish Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Albares that was published on Tuesday.

He added that China rejects sanctions in principle and “has the right to safeguard its legitimate rights and interests”, calling the nearly three-week conflict in Ukraine “the product of the accumulation and intensification of European security contradictions over the years”.

Presumably don't watch BBC24 or CNN over there elsewise he'd know this is purely down to Putin being fully mental.

Report also notes the following:

He also demanded Washington acknowledge how sensitive the Taiwan issue is and not go further down a “very dangerous road”.

So once this shit show is over series 2 might begin in a more exotic location (at least we know what China want out of coming down on 'our' side I suppose).

Either I'm xenophobic, Gerry Anderson was or we both are as getting strong Supermarionation baddie vibes of that fella.  

Not just about one old guy suffering, but thousands if not millions have been affected 

No home, no jobs, innocent children dying, the list is endless yet some people on here want to get one over someone else by way of posts. 

I don't think we ever forget previous wars, conflicts or attacks but the evil still seems to be worse than ever.

Hopefully sooner or later the peace talks might take some affect but I certainly won't hold my breath.

9 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Not just about one old guy suffering, but thousands if not millions have been affected 

No home, no jobs, innocent children dying, the list is endless yet some people on here want to get one over someone else by way of posts. 

I don't think we ever forget previous wars, conflicts or attacks but the evil still seems to be worse than ever.

Hopefully sooner or later the peace talks might take some affect but I certainly won't hold my breath.

Sorry, but the guy has been pushing an agenda since day one that somehow Ukraine is responsible for Russia invading, that the Ukrainians are Nazis, Ukraine is developing chemical weapons and that Russia is justified in invading.  

Forgive me then for being cynical and thinking that there is zero sincerity in these “war is hell” posts.  War seemingly is only hell when it’s not going the way you thought/hoped it would do.