Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?…. - Page 34 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?….

Malcolm

15 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Yup, up there with the guy who got ‘Eriksen 10’ on the back of his Scotland top after he ‘died’ last year 😫

Is that for real?How far are some characters willing to go to try and show how right on they are. Suppose it shouldn't really surprise. me with all the woke warriors about. 

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

While I hope we beat Ukraine I will be pleased to see them take to the pitch.  Ukraine putting a side out at Hampden will be a huge FU to Putin 

There's a big difference between being pleased to see them play and wanting to beat them, and standing waving a Ukraine flag, and probably cheering them off if they beat us. Should be an interesting night one way or another. 

20 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

Anyone looked at Wales fixtures?

Poland (away)
WC Playoff (home)
Holland (home)
Belgium (home)
Holland (away)

That's some list of fixtures to be playing!

There'll only be one of them they give a shit about, not sure which mind🤔

Edited by todd

18 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

Anyone looked at Wales fixtures?

Poland (away)
WC Playoff (home)
Holland (home)
Belgium (home)
Holland (away)

That's some list of fixtures to be playing!

They won’t be interested in Poland away, will be a ‘B’ Team that starts !! 
Wales only interested in that 2nd fixture, World Cup PlayOff 

But I’m glad they have to travel to Poland which is an inconvenience for them in reality prior to the big showdown with either Us or Ukraine, where as Scotland will already be home before any travels required….

32 minutes ago, broraboy said:

They won’t be interested in Poland away, will be a ‘B’ Team that starts !! 
Wales only interested in that 2nd fixture, World Cup PlayOff 

But I’m glad they have to travel to Poland which is an inconvenience for them in reality prior to the big showdown with either Us or Ukraine, where as Scotland will already be home before any travels required….

Yep, everything's falling right into Scotland's lap!  Just get past 11 Ukrainians, 3 brainwashed officials, a dodgy Var and the rest of the world and we're golden👍

1 hour ago, todd said:

Yep, everything's falling right into Scotland's lap!  Just get past 11 Ukrainians, 3 brainwashed officials, a dodgy Var and the rest of the world and we're golden👍

Have to say having VAR for this game is great for Scotland, my first thought was the officials might give something they don’t normally?? 
But VAR should eliminate any decisions that are controversial as the Ref will be under scrutiny……..

2 hours ago, broraboy said:

Have to say having VAR for this game is great for Scotland, my first thought was the officials might give something they don’t normally?? 
But VAR should eliminate any decisions that are controversial as the Ref will be under scrutiny……..

The problem is Var can't over rule dodgy edge of the box free kicks, 50/50 tackles, iffy corners, all of which can ultimately result in unjust goals!

23 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Ukraine play us at Hampden, knockout qualifier, huge crowd, emotional occasion, Ukrainian flags all round the stadium, great showcase for continuing Ukrainian existence and resistance, a lot of the world's media there.

... and they've moved it to a date, which I can't attend.

I'm p*ssed off.

Really p*ssed off.

11 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

... and they've moved it to a date, which I can't attend.

I'm p*ssed off.

Really p*ssed off.

Booked time of for the Nations League double header, which isn't happening now. No way I can afford two trips in a week so a bit pissed of. 

Not much that can be done about it but I might try to get Armenia ticket money back as was part of the original 4 ticket purchase

49 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Booked time of for the Nations League double header, which isn't happening now. No way I can afford two trips in a week so a bit pissed of. 

Not much that can be done about it but I might try to get Armenia ticket money back as was part of the original 4 ticket purchase

Need to make some changes, in the coming days.

Can't get off work for the new Ukraine date 😫😫😫

Currently have SOU-GLA flight 3rd June. Not much use if we play Wales on the 5th.

Need to get that flight pushed back for the Armenia H match.

Also have a GLA hotel ALREADY PAID FOR, for 5 nights in June. Will beg them to move that to September (2 home matches in September).

GLA-BEL flight (en route to Dublin) is on the 8th (the day we are now playing Armenia at Hampden) so that needs changed.

Nations League match v Ukraine in September falls the day BEFORE my already booked SOU-GLA flight, so that needs to be changed too.

Thanks UFA. Thanks FIFA. Thanks UEFA. Thanks SFA.

You've got more money than me. Gonna help me out?

On 4/14/2022 at 8:52 PM, thesaint said:

It is their right,but still think them being allowed to have a five or six week training camp isn't.

They are not being allowed a five-six week training camp..... and over the weekend a number of the Dynamo players said they will not show up as they have a charity game booked for that week and feel first team action (be it bounce games) is more important for the moment.

They are meeting in Slovenia to get the Dynamo and Shakhtar players together, as they are Europe just now taking part in charity games.... they will not be with the national team coach solid, and its more so he can asses them before he call's up the players at the end of June (chances are a number of the players meeting in Slovenia will be nowhere near the squad for June).

Tried to get a bet on with coral for the play off and was a bit confused when I couldn’t see any odds …… especially as they were quoting odds for the group stages. I queried it with them and it seems they have classed the tie ‘to be determined’ as their traders think Ukraine may not fulfill the tie.

obviously this is possible, but ffs, everyone else is planning for it on the 1st so why the hell cant joe coral? If it falls thru refund the bets….. not difficult.

On 4/19/2022 at 9:49 AM, wanderer said:

They are not being allowed a five-six week training camp..... and over the weekend a number of the Dynamo players said they will not show up as they have a charity game booked for that week and feel first team action (be it bounce games) is more important for the moment.

They are meeting in Slovenia to get the Dynamo and Shakhtar players together, as they are Europe just now taking part in charity games.... they will not be with the national team coach solid, and its more so he can asses them before he call's up the players at the end of June (chances are a number of the players meeting in Slovenia will be nowhere near the squad for June).

If you think all that they are doing is assesing players during 5 weeks together,you're in for a shock .For a start they will be creating a siege mentality and getting it drummed into them everday..this is for the nation.Remember South Korea in their home world cup.They had been together for months and spent the time forging that must win mentality.Seem to remember they did pretty well.We have got to be up for this match 100%.Anything else and we will lose.

So the do-gooders want to play a rowsing rendition of the Ukrainian national anthem on the bagpipes,  right after flower of Scotland!  What an amazing idea, let's get the opposition pumped up, at our home game, right before kick off in one of our most important games in 25 years 🤨 Do some folk genuinely not want us to qualify?🤔

13 minutes ago, todd said:

So the do-gooders want to play a rowsing rendition of the Ukrainian national anthem on the bagpipes,  right after flower of Scotland!  What an amazing idea, let's get the opposition pumped up, at our home game, right before kick off in one of our most important games in 25 years 🤨 Do some folk genuinely not want us to qualify?🤔

Who is suggesting this? They are probably not Scotland fans in the first place?

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Who is suggesting this? They are probably not Scotland fans in the first place?

I read it in the Daily Retard, pehaps not the best source! It mentioned that the idea was welcomed by members of the supporters club I think, haven't got it to hand but it was along those lines.