Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?…. - Page 33 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?….

Malcolm

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Cheers for clarifying that mate, was not totally clear..👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Oh aye. When it was being spouted that males in Ukraine wouldn't be allowed to leave the country, it was being said that since Ukraines team was made up of mainly home based players that it was unfair. Now suddenly when these home based players are being allowed to get together in a training camp it's suddenly unfair that they can't also have players who play elsewhere in europe. Which one is it then? 

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I’m no a Hearts fan but my laddie is so I see a lot of Hearts. By far and away the best player to replace Tierney would be Stephen Kingsley. Left sided centre-back who also overlaps to great effect. 
He’s having a great season but no chance Clarke would throw him in to these matches. 

Stephen Kingsley - Not a chance when Leeds Utd Captain Liam Cooper will fill that exact role, left footed Centre Half and back to full fitness thankfully

1 minute ago, Rich NATA said:

I'm not certain it's only to do with the match. Saturday night looked horrendous too and I looked pretty sharpish.

Lot of guys will travel down on the Friday. Make a weekend of it. So it will be busy from friday onwards. 

29 minutes ago, broraboy said:

Stephen Kingsley - Not a chance when Leeds Utd Captain Liam Cooper will fill that exact role, left footed Centre Half and back to full fitness thankfully

Aye I agree he’ll probably get the game, but he’s not a like-for-like in place of Tierney. Cooper won’t give any attacking threat from open play.

Edited by McTeeko

7 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Aye I agree he’ll probably get the game, but he’s not a like-for-like in place of Tierney. Cooper won’t give any attacking threat from open play.

I wonder if Hickey might go there but I do reckon it will be Cooper. 

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

Oh aye. When it was being spouted that males in Ukraine wouldn't be allowed to leave the country, it was being said that since Ukraines team was made up of mainly home based players that it was unfair. Now suddenly when these home based players are being allowed to get together in a training camp it's suddenly unfair that they can't also have players who play elsewhere in europe. Which one is it then? 

It was all males had to stay and fight, now the government has recognised the PR of having an international team representing Ukraine and their struggle on the world stage as something of value and have changed the rules. As is their sole right. 

I just wish we had a bye from a totally selfish POV.

J

7 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

It was all males had to stay and fight, now the government has recognised the PR of having an international team representing Ukraine and their struggle on the world stage as something of value and have changed the rules. As is their sole right. 

I just wish we had a bye from a totally selfish POV.

J

It is their right,but still think them being allowed to have a five or six week training camp isn't.

So we could be playing 5 games in 13 days be interesting if we get through the mass withdrawals for nations league .

we made a reasonable effort at the nations league first two times yet I have a feeling it will be a bit of a non event this time 

Edited by DAVIDB46

41 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

So we could be playing 5 games in 13 days be interesting if we get through the mass withdrawals for nations league .

we made a reasonable effort at the nations league first two times yet I have a feeling it will be a bit of a non event this time 

5 games in 13 days would be a massive task for any country.  Guaranteed to lose a few more players before or during these games.

35 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

5 games in 13 days would be a massive task for any country.  Guaranteed to lose a few more players before or during these games.

I reckon much the same, winning our group is a big ask, so I reckon being a pot 3 for euro 2024 qualification is where we will end up. 

I would hope the SFA got assurances on these dates that the match will go ahead that day or not at all. After all the date has been set with Ukraine under invasion but with its players now revealed to be back playing football and in preparation for the play-off therefore no excuse now to cancel or bail out. The impact of another postponement would be too great on other potential finalists and ourselves along with the knock-on effect with the Nations League games.

I struggle to see how anyone can realistically see, from a Scotland perspective,  any real positives here. There is nothing wrong at all in being frustrated  at the situation we are in. 

I think we have been shafted big time and been expected to suck it up and shut up due to the bigger issues affecting Ukraine. No one is going to be interested in Scotland greetin about having 5 games in 13 days.  

If we do qualify and perform well in the nations league games it will be a feat of gargantuan proportions. 
Got to hope though and get fully behind the team. 

Just saying. Ukraine play us at Hamoden, knockout qualifier, huge crowd, emotional occasion, Ukrainian flags all round the stadium, great showcase for continuing Ukrainian existence and resistance, a lot of the world's media there.

Vlad's dirty tricks department wouldn't try anything, would they?

23 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Just saying. Ukraine play us at Hamoden, knockout qualifier, huge crowd, emotional occasion, Ukrainian flags all round the stadium, great showcase for continuing Ukrainian existence and resistance, a lot of the world's media there.

Don't touch any sticky door handles.

57 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Certainly hope there won't be Ukraine flags all around the stadium. Please don't tell me there will be Scotland fans with Ukraine flags. Surely we haven't reached that level of stupidity. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I struggle to see how anyone can realistically see, from a Scotland perspective,  any real positives here. There is nothing wrong at all in being frustrated  at the situation we are in. 

I think we have been shafted big time and been expected to suck it up and shut up due to the bigger issues affecting Ukraine. No one is going to be interested in Scotland greetin about having 5 games in 13 days.  

If we do qualify and perform well in the nations league games it will be a feat of gargantuan proportions. 
Got to hope though and get fully behind the team. 

Shafted... yes, that pretty well sums it up. 

3 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Certainly hope there won't be Ukraine flags all around the stadium. Please don't tell me there will be Scotland fans with Ukraine flags. Surely we haven't reached that level of stupidity. 

I can fu@kin guarantee it!! 😠