Scotland v Moldova - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Moldova

wanderer

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Being positive for a sec, if we keep creating chances like tonight we will punish someone. Could be Austria and one goal might do it; tonight we were trying to score a barrowload.

Considering the level of opposition, I don't think we created a great deal. 3/4 open play chances against one of the worst teams in Europe isn't exactly fantastic. 

Set piece wise we were a lot better. Gilmour seems to have a fantastic delivery.

1 minute ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Considering the level of opposition, I don't think we created a great deal. 3/4 open play chances against one of the worst teams in Europe isn't exactly fantastic. 

Set piece wise we were a lot better. Gilmour seems to have a fantastic delivery.

Was gonna say something similar. In open play, our best chances came from them making basic mistakes. 

What an embarrassment.  A once proud nation humbled by having to bring in defenders to hang in against a minnow.

why can’t we score goals. Let’s be clear. They are a pub team.

we need an international striker…. One playing for Barcelona, Bayern Munich, juventus. We are pissing in the wind.

44 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I know wee midget dicks like Gordon Strachan would like to put it down to genetics... but Scotland's real problem is a mental one... all day long.

300+ years of getting shafted before you even start takes a toll... The Danes know how to win because they were never subjugated like we are... for hundreds of years now.

Switched over to the Israel / Austria game 4-2!

We need a foreign manager, I’ve said it for 15 years. We are pathetic. 

14 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

All 3 strikers tonight let themselves down. Big opportunity for them to redeem themselves and stake a claim as the first choice striker.

Need to forget playing 2 up front. What's the fkin point of wasting 2 jerseys?  Maybe Craig Levein was a visionary with his 4-6-0 😂 

Get another man in midfield and try to build through there. Having said that, Gilmour, McGinn  and Christie all missed howlers!

I’m not so disappointed with tonight’s performance, I’m happy to see Gilmour playing and hopefully becoming a 1st starter from here on out. Patterson looks like he’s what we’ve been missing on the right side of the backline. 
I think the last piece of the puzzle is getting the midfield balance correct. Id like to see Gilmour playing higher up the pitch and someone else sitting in front of the backline.

4 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Need to forget playing 2 up front. What's the fkin point of wasting 2 jerseys?  Maybe Craig Levein was a visionary with his 4-6-0 😂 

Get another man in midfield and try to build through there. Having said that, Gilmour, McGinn  and Christie all missed howlers!

You know what, a 4-6-0 would be fine. Spain won a European Championship playing no strikers. I'm not comparing us to Spain, but if our best players are attacking midfielders, why in the flying duck are we playing 2 strikers?! 

It's not Gilmour, McGinn or Christie's main objective to score. Christie is far better when he's creating. But it almost seems pointless to give the ball to our strikers.

8 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

I’m not so disappointed with tonight’s performance, I’m happy to see Gilmour playing and hopefully becoming a 1st starter from here on out. Patterson looks like he’s what we’ve been missing on the right side of the backline. 
I think the last piece of the puzzle is getting the midfield balance correct. Id like to see Gilmour playing higher up the pitch and someone else sitting in front of the backline.

Except Billy is not by nature a finisher.