Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 233 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Elliot Anderson starts for Newcastle against Liverpool. Robbo starts for Liverpool too; no sign of Ben Doak though.

Great news on Anderson. Doak is on the way back from injury but saw him this week on his Instagram feed training & chatting with Klopp. 

Good news seeing Hickey & Armstrong starting & hope Adams & Gilmour are only minor knocks.

Arguably the most exciting news today is this 16 year old Bailey Rice. Captained Scotland Under 17 yesterday & made his first team debut today. Holding midfielder or centre back, what's not to get excited about😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💪

46 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Doak has just started training this week, after injury 👍

Cheers, I hadn't realised.

The Geordies are going to pieces - 2-0 down and their goalie has just been sent off. The player sacrificed to bring on the sub keeper - Elliot Anderson. 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, theabsentee said:

Great news on Anderson. Doak is on the way back from injury but saw him this week on his Instagram feed training & chatting with Klopp. 

Good news seeing Hickey & Armstrong starting & hope Adams & Gilmour are only minor knocks.

Arguably the most exciting news today is this 16 year old Bailey Rice. Captained Scotland Under 17 yesterday & made his first team debut today. Holding midfielder or centre back, what's not to get excited about😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💪

And also a ready made chant, 'Rice Rice Bailey, Rice Rice Bailey'  Ask your dad 😬

4 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Che Adams  not even on the bench today for Southampton.  Hope it's a suspension and not an injury 

4 hours ago, csinclair said:

It’s injury though doesn’t sound serious

Just a knock, I think.

Stuart Armstrong started for the first time since, I don't know when.

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

Jordan Holsgrove had 2 assists and a goal today and won goal of the month last month in Portugals top flight for Pacos de Ferreira.

Forgotten all about him, but if you believe the  who scored site he's a very average player. Today's performance was well above avarage mind you so you never know. 

6 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Arguably the most exciting news today is this 16 year old Bailey Rice. Captained Scotland Under 17 yesterday & made his first team debut today. Holding midfielder or centre back, what's not to get excited about

😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💪

I saw him play for Scotland u16 (?) against Georgia just under a year ago. Doak was the stand out but Rice also caught the eye and I was very pleased when Rangers took him from Motherwell.

10 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I saw him play for Scotland u16 (?) against Georgia just under a year ago. Doak was the stand out but Rice also caught the eye and I was very pleased when Rangers took him from Motherwell.

Bailey Rice is another performance school player. Rangers are really taking advantage of the program. Gilmour, Patterson, Lowry, King, R.Wilson and Rice are all PS graduates. 

Definitely not a coincidence that their youth team has improved massively the last few years since they started using the performance school players.

37 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Bailey Rice is another performance school player. Rangers are really taking advantage of the program. Gilmour, Patterson, Lowry, King, R.Wilson and Rice are all PS graduates. 

Definitely not a coincidence that their youth team has improved massively the last few years since they started using the performance school players.

I read that they have about 8 or 9 lads 16 or under that are being tried to be poached away by clubs down south or Europe, I heard that a number have signed contracts but a few haven't, could be a good thing for the Scottish team if they are able to keep producing quality young Scots think I read that they have kept a very talented Belgium youth coach there to oversee the system. Jack Whylie being one.

22 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Lewis Ferguson playing week in week out Serie A now and Bologna up to 7th in the table. Wouldn’t be surprised if he started one of these qualifiers coming up. 

He has played attacking mid, central mid and defensive mid.

As I said earlier, I an only see three ahead of him in the midfield pecking order. 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He has played attacking mid, central mid and defensive mid.

As I said earlier, I an only see three ahead of him in the midfield pecking order. 

Not sure how reliable the sky sports app is but it has him playing attacking midfield most games and even up front one game. 

Means he's probably competing with McGinn who's definitely earned his place in that position. 

23 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

McTominay on the bench for Man United today . Good news that hes over his injury 

He really needs a move in the summer though. He's behind casemiro, eriksen, Fred and sabitzer for 2 places in centre midfield. Barring an injury crisis, he's not playing much football for the rest of the season. 

32 minutes ago, Dodger said:

He really needs a move in the summer though. He's behind casemiro, eriksen, Fred and sabitzer for 2 places in centre midfield. Barring an injury crisis, he's not playing much football for the rest of the season. 

If you are behind Fred in the pecking order then it's maybe time to move on. 😂

58 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Not sure how reliable the sky sports app is but it has him playing attacking midfield most games and even up front one game. 

Means he's probably competing with McGinn who's definitely earned his place in that position. 

He is mostly played as an attacking midfield player but has played 2 or 3 times in the other two according to who scored. 

Interestingly the site rates him higher in the central and defensive roles so wouldn't worry about him only being in competition with McGinn.