Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 360 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Shankland on the markagain with Steve Clarke watching in the stands.

Well he certainly wasn't there to cast an eye on the plethora of Scots on display for Celtic today.

Didn't see the game but that's yet another exquisite finish from Shankland against quality opposition.

Adams is hitting his standard purple patch. But he doesn't have the consistency of Shankland.

Really beginning to think Clarke might be coming round to the idea of Shankland being first choice. I'm assuming he was atvthe game primarily to watch him and maybe see what he does off the ball.

I don't really believe Dykes and Adams were brought in to set up our midfielders. I think Clarke just saw thar our midfielders were better finishers than our forwards. 

Any idea what's happened to Ross Stewart at Southampton? I thought he was getting fit a few months ago but don't think he's even played for them yet?

A shame as from what I saw at Sunderland he was developing nicely and could've been a serious option to start at CF but he'll have to wait for the next tournament cycle now.

7 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Any idea what's happened to Ross Stewart at Southampton? I thought he was getting fit a few months ago but don't think he's even played for them yet?

A shame as from what I saw at Sunderland he was developing nicely and could've been a serious option to start at CF but he'll have to wait for the next tournament cycle now.

Returned from injury, played 10 minutes and picked up another, different injury, he’s unfortunately probably out for the rest of this season.

13 hours ago, Scot1 said:

Returned from injury, played 10 minutes and picked up another, different injury, he’s unfortunately probably out for the rest of this season.

Last update I saw was in January when Russell Martin said he was still on crutches.

Really unlucky and as you say highly unlikely he’ll play again this season.

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He was  fit and on the bench because he’s not actually very good. Another player people are getting over excited about simply because of one stat. 

Aren't most of his goals this season penalties as well? I'm not necessarily agreeing with you that "he's not actually very good" because I've not seen enough of him. But he certainly hasn't done enough to justify replacing Adams, Dykes or Shankland. 

I think only injuries will stop Clarke going with the 3 strikers I just mentioned for the Euros.

5 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He was  fit and on the bench because he’s not actually very good. Another player people are getting over excited about simply because of one stat. 

To be fair the only 2 matches I seen him play was vs West Ham and he was very good in both, remember he is still an u21 player with 10 goals( 3 pens) in 32 games, for the level he is playing for an u21 player i do not think you can right him off yet, it is not like we have loads of young strikers.

9 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He’s scored twice as many goals this season as Dykes. Maybe more actually 

10 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He doesn't have to be very good to get in our squad in his position. In fact a cynic could say that's been the case for nearly 30 years. 

Conway at 21 may not quite be ready  but he doesn't need to improve much as there's certainly not much of a gap between him & who he is competing with.

31 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Hopefully that’s the whole issue with Barnes (and Gordon) put to bed now.

31 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Hopefully that’s the whole issue with Barnes (and Gordon) put to bed now.

Yeh I read the Barnes interview on the Newcastle website a couple of days ago but couldn't be bothered posting it. He still thinks he is good enough to get another chance with England so good luck to him though I doubt he is.  Gordon should be in there squad now, he is quality.

They are grandparents eligible players anyway so it's no surprise. Much prefer we stick to chasing the players with a Scottish parent.