Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 299 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

It's depressing but I think he's probably going with what he's got for the minute. Realistically we've only got Wright and Souttar who might start, can't remember whether Jack is injured again. Sadly Hibs only had one Scot in their starting players (excluding Martin Boyle).

I wonder what will happen if SPFL clubs become feeder clubs for England. I worry that we'll see even fewer Scots getting a game.

It'll get significantly worse. The SFA need to step in and make much more stringent rules. England enforced their own homegrown rules a few years ago and they are dominating at pretty much every age group, with a senior team that will be one of the favourites for the Euros. It works.

Put in strict rules and Clement and Rodgers will spend £3m on a Scottish prospect instead of a foreign one. 

Honestly, it feels like the only reason Celtic and Rangers have any Scots at all is because they'd only be able to list 17 names in the champions league. There is no way Mikey Johnston or James McCarthy would still be at Celtic otherwise. (I know they are Irish, but the point applies)

Patterson had a decent game today for Everton. Hopefully it’ll lead to him getting the jersey as 1st choice right back. And to be honest, although he has lots to learn, he is Everton’s best right back. 
Everton have a decent starting 11, if they can keep them fit and available I think they’ll be comfortably  mid table by the end of the season.

Edited by Scot1

9 hours ago, JECK said:

Wouldn’t want another Scot at that club for the forseeable. It’s a club steeped in mediocrity from top to bottom. Hope he can play well and get another move. 

We ain't exactly Spain or Brazil ourselves. 

Don't see a problem with our young players heading to Everton if they get gametime there. Any epl club willing to play our young players should be encouraged even if it's one of the weaker sides.

15 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I cannot find any update more recent than 7 days ago regarding Angus Gunn, anyone have any news on his scan? 

A quick google suggests he is out until after the next international break.

Thank goodness we have already qualified.

A slower google suggest he might be back for our games but not available for Norwich until after the international break.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

5 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

A quick google suggests he is out until after the next international break.

Thank goodness we have already qualified.

A slower google suggest he might be back for our games but not available for Norwich until after the international break.

And that could open the door for Craig Gordon.

1 hour ago, BryanBlessed said:

Mount getting in ahead of McTominay because he's Ten Hag's signing.

They've paid a huge amount of money for him & he is/was a cracking player. That poison chalice of a club has a knack of dragging player's down a level or 2 so as far as mctominay is concerned he might be better off getting out of there & playing for a team that uses him in a position that suits him.

6 hours ago, theabsentee said:

They've paid a huge amount of money for him & he is/was a cracking player. That poison chalice of a club has a knack of dragging player's down a level or 2 so as far as mctominay is concerned he might be better off getting out of there & playing for a team that uses him in a position that suits him.

McTominay, in the first half, was one of their better performers against Man City. I didn't see the Newcastle game but, apparently, Mount was rubbish. I would have McTominay over Mount any day.

Amazing it took his national-team manager (who hardly sees him) to find his best position.

1 hour ago, BryanBlessed said:

Amazing it took his national-team manager (who hardly sees him) to find his best position.

Actually, credit to ETH where it is due - I think he originally stuck McT up front for Man U last season. 10th Nov 22 vs Chelsea was the first time. 

Edited by immcinto

5 hours ago, BryanBlessed said:

McTominay, in the first half, was one of their better performers against Man City. I didn't see the Newcastle game but, apparently, Mount was rubbish. I would have McTominay over Mount any day.

Tbf he played him cb for many games first and he was fairly rubbish there