Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 267 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

8 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Saw him in his usual cameo against Bayern. If you didn't know who he was you'd absolutely think he was already an established international with a top country. He was explosive to burst away from defenders and did a few wee neat give and goes etc. Can't believe he'll not be in our next squad. An absolute game-changing player. Get him in and see how good he is. 

We all know what Clarke did at the last Euros. We were all crying out for him to include either Gilmour, Patterson or Turnbull. We debated which one he might take. In the end, he took all 3. Which caught a lot of us off guard.

Although he normally and sensibly bloods youngsters slowly, when it comes to tournaments, he changes the rules. He knew that the experience Gilmour and Patterson would gain from being at that tournament would be invaluable for when they inevitably go to another one. He was right. 

Clarke will 100% do the same thing with Doak next year. I'm certain of it. The question is whether he'll be called up before then. We do have a couple of friendlies coming up. As well as potential dead rubber qualifiers. (If we qualify early)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/3/2023 at 2:00 AM, mccaughey85 said:

Thats a pretty extensive video of doak and his skillset. His end product in that video is pretty impressive wether its a shot, final pass or cross. He also has a great knack of rolling the shoulder and turning his man in the same way mcginn does with his arse. 

He really looks the real deal and at 17 hes got loads of time to develop and get better. 

Equivalent Raheem Sterling clip at same age.  
RS a bit more jinky - Doak looks more explosive/pacy though

Edited by immcinto

59 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

My Villa fan mate reckons Mcginn will have to fight for his place this season, be interesting to see how that affects his game

Fat bloke down the pub says otherwise

Edited by todd

53 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I wonder how many more he might get for them this season. Would it be better for us if he was playing regularly in the Championship or sitting on the bench for a mid or lower ranking EPL team?

Playing in a regular basis I would say, but see what happens I guess