Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 241 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

21 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Zander Clark showing why Gunn will be unchallenged for the Scotland no1 jersey until Gordon is fit again 

As much as it has pissed some people off Gunn deciding to play for us could be massive for our chances of qualifying if Gordon isn’t back fairly soon. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Dodger said:

He's been playing on the right since he got back in the Villa team. Same position he played for us against Cyprus and Spain. 

Flashscore had him on the right of 442 which suggests he was an out and out winger. He plays on the right of midfield 3 with us, it was likely the same for villa as flashscore often has the formations wrong when i look. 

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Mctominay starts for united today.

He's playing in a more advanced role too. His goals for Scotland must have made an impression on Ten Hag.

23 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I don't see it myself.

Clarke has more than enough options that he will go with such as Dykes, Adams, Christie, Shankland, Brown and Nisbet with Stewart when fit again too.

Christie isnt a striker and conway has far more potential than shankland, nisbet, brown and maybe even stewart. 

Hes only 20 and has a goal every 177mins this season. Hes on 10 goals so far, if he finishes with 14/15 then i dont see how clarke can not pick him. How often do we have a 20 year old with a striker rate of 1 in 2 at championship level. 

The lads potentially the goalscoring striker we are crying out for.

Lets get him in, especially if theres one or two injuries.

6 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lets get him in, especially if theres one or two injuries.

Your last line there says it all. That is the only way he gets in at present. Clarke is one for settled squads especially when the current squad are getting eye-opening results as we are at present.

And whether you think Christie is a striker or not it is what he is named as in the squads.

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Your last line there says it all. That is the only way he gets in at present. Clarke is one for settled squads especially when the current squad are getting eye-opening results as we are at present.

And whether you think Christie is a striker or not it is what he is named as in the squads.

I partially agree, but Clarke also exchanges players into the squad when form/quality dictates. For instance the phasing out of Stephen O’Donnell when Patterson and then Hickey demanded squad places. If Conway demands a place, which I am not currently convinced he does, he will get in.

Between now and the end of the season it'll be interesting to see how Conway does. I did worry that he'd come back from injury and that early season goalscoring form would just be flash in the pan so it's great to see him scoring on his return.

5 hours ago, csinclair said:

Between now and the end of the season it'll be interesting to see how Conway does. I did worry that he'd come back from injury and that early season goalscoring form would just be flash in the pan so it's great to see him scoring on his return.

7 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

I partially agree, but Clarke also exchanges players into the squad when form/quality dictates. For instance the phasing out of Stephen O’Donnell when Patterson and then Hickey demanded squad places. If Conway demands a place, which I am not currently convinced he does, he will get in.

A 20 year old with a 1 in 2 record in the championship will deserve his place in the squad.

I am kinda surprised ppl in here are not more excited by this guy. Not often we get a 20 year old striker who will probably end up in the epl in the next couple of seasons, especially if he keeps scoring like he has. 

We are desperate for a natural goalscorer and this lad could easily be that guy.

10 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

We usually get injuries to players. It wouldnt be crazy to think dykes or nisbet might be injured for the next squad, it happens. Stewart could still be recovering as well.

Wether christie is named as a striker or not in the squad he isnt a striker. 

If conway gets to 15 goals this season i dont see how we can leave him out regardless of injuries. Theres far too much potential there, guys like shankland and nisbet will just have to go down the pecking order.

Interesting that Patterson is not even in the Everton squad tonight. I wouldn’t have expected him to start as apparently Coleman has been playing well n his absence, but thought he might’ve made the squad. 
I suppose because of his injury we’ve got no evidence yet as to whether Dyche is a fan or not. 

18 hours ago, Marky said:

Interesting that Patterson is not even in the Everton squad tonight. I wouldn’t have expected him to start as apparently Coleman has been playing well n his absence, but thought he might’ve made the squad. 
I suppose because of his injury we’ve got no evidence yet as to whether Dyche is a fan or not. 

Not even making the bench last night suggests that Dyche isn't keen on using him for the rest of the season at least.