Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 240 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

16 hours ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Worried that England start sniffing about himĀ 

Does he qualify for them? I know his brother was born in England but wasn't sure if he was too. I went to watch the Man City youth side a month ago and he was a stand out player. Hope he gets loaned out soon to play some senior football and improve his game even more.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Does he qualify for them? I know his brother was born in England but wasn't sure if he was too. I went to watch the Man City youth side a month ago and he was a stand out player. Hope he gets loaned out soon to play some senior football and improve his game even more.

Born in London.

I think as long as England do not come calling and offer him a place in this summers U21 Euro's, I think he will remain with us.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Born in London.

I think as long as England do not come calling and offer him a place in this summers U21 Euro's, I think he will remain with us.

Thereā€™s nothing to say he would accept a place in their under 21s anyway? Heā€™s played various age group levels for ScotlandĀ 

29 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Thereā€™s nothing to say he would accept a place in their under 21s anyway? Heā€™s played various age group levels for ScotlandĀ 

For moment I am not overly concerned, as he has show commitment to us. He will play this week and will be tied down to us at U21 for the rest of the year.... just saying though that England could offer him that carrot to switch, but I doubt it will happen.

On 3/19/2023 at 9:18 AM, todd said:

Jesus!Ā  You hope we potentially lose a game just so he gets pelters?

If we lose to Cyprus even if we give them a goal then we have some serious worries

13 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Openly hoping we concede a goal to spite one player. Regressive moon howling at its finest.

Touched a nerve aye?

11 hours ago, Kirk said:

If we lose to Cyprus even if we give them a goal then we have some serious worries

Touched a nerve aye?

We haven't beaten them by more than one goal since 1969! So I guess we've always had some serious worries then? šŸ¤”

37 minutes ago, todd said:

We haven't beaten them by more than one goal since 1969! So I guess we've always had some serious worries then? šŸ¤”

In fairness the 3 times we've played them this century have been period where we have been shite. But I am in agreement it's not so absurd for them to challenge us given they are hardly a minnow full of part-timers. Their club teams hold their weight in Europe better than basically any Scottish team outside the OF. So their squad will be full of decent professionals.

A routine win would be satisfying, but if we are not at the races we could be punished for sure.

On 3/21/2023 at 10:12 AM, N4Footsoldier said:

Do everyone a favour and give yer ticket up and sit in a dark wee bitter room

Aww because you don't like my opinion Ive no to turn up šŸ¤£

Dont worry I'll be there hopefully watching us pump them

On 3/21/2023 at 10:35 AM, todd said:

Yes we should we should be a car better side than them going by our players.Ā 

Ā 

Anything but a comfortable 3 points is unacceptableĀ 

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

Aww because you don't like my opinion Ive no to turn up šŸ¤£

Dont worry I'll be there hopefully watching us pump them

Yes we should we should be a car better side than them going by our players.Ā 

Ā 

Anything but a comfortable 3 points is unacceptableĀ 

It'd be nice to get off to a flier, we're usually a couple of games in and already needing snookers

9 minutes ago, todd said:

It'd be nice to get off to a flier, we're usually a couple of games in and already needing snookers

Nothing worse for killing a campaign stone dead than after 2 or 3 games having to hope for other results to go our way. Let's come out flying and go for two wins. Spain are a good team but not a great Spanish team. We have beaten stronger teams at Hampden before. Let's be positive.Ā 

13 minutes ago, todd said:

Yeah definitely, canny beat a soggy Saturday afternoon at Hampden to get things started. I feel wee have a very good team/squad with some real belief in them. A comfortable win on Saturday and a good performance on Tuesday would be good. Any points on Tues would be amazing but Spain are still a very good side with some cracking players

• 2 weeks later...

One of the nice things about our recent form is where players are playing better for Scotland than their club sides.

After years of watching occasional 'world class' football league/EPL players winning trophies for their club sides but 'underperforming' when in dark blue.

2 hours ago, exile said:

One of the nice things about our recent form is where players are playing better for Scotland than their club sides.

After years of watching occasional 'world class' football league/EPL players winning trophies for their club sides but 'underperforming' when in dark blue.

Unless it becomes a habit and they end up getting dropped by their clubs.

2 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Brown scores for stoke and Shankland for heartsĀ 

Nisbet for Hibs too.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Shut up VDA, what the fuck do you know

šŸ˜†Ā 

He also hit the bar in the first half, think heā€™s being played wide to try and stop Chilwell getting forwardĀ 

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Flashscore has mcginn playing on the right wing? Anyone watching confirm?

I think he is wasted out thereĀ 

He's been playing on the right since he got back in the Villa team. Same position he played for us against Cyprus and Spain.Ā