Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 132 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Why should it bother me? I take it his son was born in England. If he feels affinity for England and feels English then no complaints from me.

Haw naw, no wae me !! Your father was a legend for Scotland, bled for Scotland, and you turn up playing for engerland??? I'd fuckin disown him.. Well, no really, but you get ma drift !!! 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Haw naw, no wae me !! Your father was a legend for Scotland, bled for Scotland, and you turn up playing for engerland??? I'd fuckin disown him.. Well, no really, but you get ma drift !!! 

I wonder if, because he is u16, he has to play for the country he's schooled in. Wasn't there a similar thing with Ryan Giggs and England at schoolboy level?

14 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

It is not hard to understand though. I take it he was born in Manchester and presume he has lived his whole life in England meaning he has grown up there with English mates and lived in English society. It happens. Not doubting Darren Fletcher has tried influencing him but if his heart is set on representing England then nothing can be done about that.

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Rory Wilson with the winner and MOM in the Scottish youth cup final for Rangers vs Hearts. What a player he is going to be. He’s only 16 but Rangers could do worse than get him in their squads right now. 

Hopefully he is a striker.. 🙏

9 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It is not hard to understand though. I take it he was born in Manchester and presume he has lived his whole life in England meaning he has grown up there with English mates and lived in English society. It happens. Not doubting Darren Fletcher has tried influencing him but if his heart is set on representing England then nothing can be done about that.

I would be very disappointed. If your Dad plays for Scotland, you’re a Scotland fan. 

10 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I would be very disappointed. If your Dad plays for Scotland, you’re a Scotland fan. 

You would think so but if you have been born somewhere else other than Scotland and have been educated, raised and have all your mates there too then that has a powerful influence too. Who knows?

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

He is a striker, scored 50 + goals this season in club and international at age group levels 

Finally !! That is some great news. Hopefully he comes good for our National squad in given time. We have been crying for a striker for years.. Cheers for the info PS..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

He is a striker, scored 50 + goals this season in club and international at age group levels 

Sounds promising, does he play for the rangers b team that plays in the lowland league or is there an u16 rangers team he plays in. 

We need natural goalscorers.

3 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Big night for Scott Wright, starting tonight. 

Wright was shocking again tonight. Imo he has nothing to his game and should be nowhere near the Rangers team.

He has a turn of pace but nothing exceptional. His passing and game awareness is particuarly poor.

Not quite 'in action' but bit of good news that Levin thinks Souttar will definitely be back from injury for cup final. I wouldn't necessarily expect him to start in the upcoming internationals but the more fit players we have to choose from can only be good.

9 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Wright was shocking again tonight. Imo he has nothing to his game and should be nowhere near the Rangers team.

He has a turn of pace but nothing exceptional. His passing and game awareness is particuarly poor.

Tbf he was playing out of position. He’s been good lately. It’s also good to have two Scots starting in a European semi final for the same team, unsure when that last happened, 2008 probably. 

21 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Sounds promising, does he play for the rangers b team that plays in the lowland league or is there an u16 rangers team he plays in. 

We need natural goalscorers.

The Rangers B team is mainly 17/18 year olds. Wilson will possibly leapfrog that team into first team contention next season if he stays. 

It’s probably more likely he will follow the Gilmour route & who can blame him really. More chance of A) getting a game by moving south and B) developing properly given Rangers lack of care about youth development. 

38 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Tbf he was playing out of position. He’s been good lately. It’s also good to have two Scots starting in a European semi final for the same team, unsure when that last happened, 2008 probably. 

I honestly doubt Wright would get a regular game for a team like Hearts or any English championship side. He is so inconsistent even within games. Alex Lowry must be looking at things and wondering how much the manager really rates him. Same for Sakala. 

38 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I honestly doubt Wright would get a regular game for a team like Hearts or any English championship side. He is so inconsistent even within games. Alex Lowry must be looking at things and wondering how much the manager really rates him. Same for Sakala. 

Considering he gets a regular game for Rangers, I expect he would get a regular game for Hearts. 

Lowry will probably leave & he’s right to do so as it’s quite clear Rangers have little interest in playing or developing youth. 

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Considering he gets a regular game for Rangers, I expect he would get a regular game for Hearts. 

Lowry will probably leave & he’s right to do so as it’s quite clear Rangers have little interest in playing or developing youth. 

He’s started 12 games all season. 

Makes Ralston sound ever present for Celtic. 

5 hours ago, ProudScot said:

He has started 8 league games for Rangers in 15 months. Not really a regular in my book. 

I just think player like Wright are part of the issue at Rangers. They bring in players of a quality never good enough to be a 1st choice starter or even 1st choice backup but are good enough to start the odd game or come on as a sub to give others a rest. This keeps the squad "strong" but it blocks the route into the team for young players with the potential to actually become 1st team assests.

Rangers have a few like that atm. The Polish right back, Sands, Wright just to name a few.

Scott Wright for Scotland ? Dear oh dear.

Mark Warburton is leaving QPR at the end of the season. Hope the new manager, whoever that may be, rates Dykes. Last thing we need is him stuck on the bench.

9 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Not quite 'in action' but bit of good news that Levin thinks Souttar will definitely be back from injury for cup final. I wouldn't necessarily expect him to start in the upcoming internationals but the more fit players we have to choose from can only be good.

Good news about Souttar. I'd like to see Clarke use the same back three he used against Denmark - Souttar, Hanley and Cooper. They looked strong together.

Jack Hendry has fallen well out of favour at Brugge, hasn't played for a few weeks despite not being injured. His recent ill-advised comments likely haven't helped his case.

49 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Scott Wright for Scotland ? Dear oh dear.

Mark Warburton is leaving QPR at the end of the season. Hope the new manager, whoever that may be, rates Dykes. Last thing we need is him stuck on the bench.

Good news about Souttar. I'd like to see Clarke use the same back three he used against Denmark - Souttar, Hanley and Cooper. They looked strong together.

Jack Hendry has fallen well out of favour at Brugge, hasn't played for a few weeks despite not being injured. His recent ill-advised comments likely haven't helped his case.

Never been fully convinced by Jack Hendry. Personally, I’d have his squad place at risk if everyone fit. But I think Clarke likes him as an option for right sided centre back, probably behind McTominay

Edited by breeks_mctavish

29 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Never been fully convinced by Jack Hendry. Personally, I’d have his squad place at risk if everyone fit. But I think Clarke likes him as an option for right sided centre back, probably behind McTominay

Must admit that Hendry has proved me totally wrong over the last year. The lad can play in the right team with the right system.

Unfortunately he hasn't played for quite a while for Brugge and for some trange reason thought it would be clever to criticise his manager to the press. Why are Scottish footballers so thick ?

Edited by ErsatzThistle