Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 34 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

12 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Clarke loves his Killie mates though. Mind when Eamon Brophy was called up 🤣

That's a stupid post that forgets the circumstances at the time. 

All the other strikers except Brophy and Burke were injured and Steven Fletcher had just chucked international football.

Brophy had just had a respectable season at Killie. It made sense to call him up at the time.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Taylor is injured.

Hickey should be miles ahead of him anyway. 

Clarke loves his Killie mates though. Mind when Eamon Brophy was called up 🤣

That is quite a high grade if pish talk right there.

Taylor has now played over 60 games for Celtic. Also, Brophy was quickly jettisoned from the Scotland setup. That’s hardly proof Clarke is unfairly prioritising “his Killie mates”

14 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Taylor has now played over 60 games for Celtic. Also, Brophy was quickly jettisoned from the Scotland setup. That’s hardly proof Clarke is unfairly prioritising “his Killie mates”

And also Stuart Findlay was quickly jettisoned when better options became available.

Rangers start Mclaughlin,Patterson and Wright.

Leonard Brighton on the bench with Fulton starting for Swansea, Mebude and Pressley on the bench V Arsenal, and cannot remember if Steer was eligible( sure I heard somewhere he was) but starting his second match of the season for Villa. 

35 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Leonard Brighton on the bench with Fulton starting for Swansea, Mebude and Pressley on the bench V Arsenal, and cannot remember if Steer was eligible( sure I heard somewhere he was) but starting his second match of the season for Villa. 

Leonard started the match due to an injury to Mwepu. 

6 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Doesn't matter how many games he's played for Celtic, he is an extremely average (at best) footballer. Broadfoot (back in the day) at Rangers being a similar example of a average/poor footballer but playing a lot of games. 

Taylor is there because Clarke trusts him and likes 11 Vs. 11 games in training and Tierney is LCB in the games. So Clarke needs a 3rd LB. 

I would personally use that LB slot to give a young promising LB squad and training time. Get a young lad in to acclimatise themselves early with the squad and train against better players. It helped McGinn and Robertson when we done it. Who's to say it wouldn't give Hickey or Doig a massive boost in their development. It is certainly better longterm than giving a soso LB in his mid 20s squad time.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

12 hours ago, syecosse said:

Alarming thing is livingstone only started one more Scot than Rangers

2 hours ago, csinclair said:

3 Scots for Celtic tonight. quite a contrast from the start of the season

I wouldn't worry about that. McGregor will be straight back in the team when he's fit, as will Forrest. Plus, Taylor and Welsh will see plenty of game time over the season.

At present, it's just Turnbull, Forrest, and McGregor that are worthy of the Scotland squad anyway, but I'm eager to see how Ralston and Montgomery develop this year.

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I wouldn't worry about that. McGregor will be straight back in the team when he's fit, as will Forrest. Plus, Taylor and Welsh will see plenty of game time over the season.

At present, it's just Turnbull, Forrest, and McGregor that are worthy of the Scotland squad anyway, but I'm eager to see how Ralston and Montgomery develop this year.

Haven't Abada and Kyogo outwide been flavoured over Forrest and they now have Jota. I'm not sure Forrest will be first choice under Ange. Maybe if he can get fully fit but it seems like Forrest will be a very long way from that for a while.

I think Ralston will get a lot of gametime, as I can see them playing the Croatian at LB as despite being a RB, he seems the best player they have for LB, especially with Taylor's injury.

9 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Haven't Abada and Kyogo outwide been flavoured over Forrest and they now have Jota. I'm not sure Forrest will be first choice under Ange. Maybe if he can get fully fit but it seems like Forrest will be a very long way from that for a while.

I think Ralston will get a lot of gametime, as I can see them playing the Croatian at LB as despite being a RB, he seems the best player they have for LB, especially with Taylor's injury.

I think now that Edouard is gone, Kyogo will be used through the middle. But, you're right, Forrest might not be a guaranteed starter anymore. And, to be honest, I'm not overly fussed. He's had some good performances for Scotland, but I think he's peaked. I hope I'm wrong, and he still turns out to be a good player for us, but I wonder if he's one of the ones that will be getting phased out over the next year or two with Scotland.

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

I think now that Edouard is gone, Kyogo will be used through the middle. But, you're right, Forrest might not be a guaranteed starter anymore. And, to be honest, I'm not overly fussed. He's had some good performances for Scotland, but I think he's peaked. I hope I'm wrong, and he still turns out to be a good player for us, but I wonder if he's one of the ones that will be getting phased out over the next year or two with Scotland.

Forrests time has come and gone 

And it was 2 good performances and 24 bang average or whatever 

Edited by Bino's

On 9/22/2021 at 12:37 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

That's a stupid post that forgets the circumstances at the time. 

All the other strikers except Brophy and Burke were injured and Steven Fletcher had just chucked international football.

Brophy had just had a respectable season at Killie. It made sense to call him up at the time.

One of the best posts on here for some time.