Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 32 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Hendry, McTominay, Tierney, Cooper, Souttar for a start 

Are you leaving out Hanley because he's suspended or do you think he's pish, too? Also, 2 of those players you mentioned aren't centre backs. If those are the only players you think are better than McKenna then that means he's deserving of a squad place with Scotland.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Scott McTominay starting alongside one the best footballers in history today. Playing and training with Ronaldo every day can only be a good thing. Different positions, but he'll still learn a lot.

If he's good enough to start in that midfield he should start in ours. 

Just now, bigfingers said:

One thing I would say is Mctominay isn’t particularly missed when he’s out injured for us. 

He been played out of position too often by Clarke. Get him into the midfield with mcginn and gilmour 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If he's good enough to start in that midfield he should start in ours. 

I wholeheartedly agree. He does fine at RCB, but he's a midfielder playing for a top end champions league team. We now have another CB playing for a Champions league team in Belgium. McTominay doesn't need to play in defence. I hate that he is shoehorned in there.

Just now, Tartan blood said:

I wholeheartedly agree. He does fine at RCB, but he's a midfielder playing for a top end champions league team. We now have another CB playing for a Champions league team in Belgium. McTominay doesn't need to play in defence. I hate that he is shoehorned in there.

Hendry, Hanley and Tierney at the back with mctominay, gilmoir and mcginn in the midfield.

16 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

It’s worrying we are now looking towards English league for forwards

Unfortunately we don’t have any centre forwards playing at any teams in the top leagues. We can only play the hand that we’re dealt.

As for McTominay, looks like Utd are lining up 4-3-3 with a midfield of Pogba, Fred, McTominay. This should suit McTominay, hopefully he has a good game. He’s straight back into the 1st team as soon as he’s returned from injury, so he’s obviously rated at Man Utd.

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Hendry, Hanley and Tierney at the back with mctominay, gilmoir and mcginn in the midfield.

I think in some games we can afford to go with a back 4, 

Patterson Hendry Hanley Robbo

push Tierney ahead of Robbo

McTominay Gilmour MacGregor  Tierney

McGinn

Dykes

if we go 4/4/2

or 

McTominay Gilmour Tierney

McGinn Dykes Adams

if we go 4/3/3

you could change the front 3 around to suit the opposition, perhaps add Fraser in for Adams if pace is required etc.

You could even drop McGregor if you wanted 2 up to with Dykes and Adams 

midfield 4 of 

McTominay McGinn Gilmour Tierney 

Dykes.     Adams

13 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Sorry that should say English league one 

Ross Stewart will probably be in the Championship  next season. We know he’s not world class, but we need competition for Dykes and Stewart can provide that. He is a decent centre forward, he can do a job for us.

14 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

Unfortunately we don’t have any centre forwards playing at any teams in the top leagues. We can only play the hand that we’re dealt.

As for McTominay, looks like Utd are lining up 4-3-3 with a midfield of Pogba, Fred, McTominay. This should suit McTominay, hopefully he has a good game. He’s straight back into the 1st team as soon as he’s returned from injury, so he’s obviously rated at Man Utd.

My mistake, Adams is our only Centre Forward playing in a top league, but he’s more suited to playing as a 2nd striker, he’s not the type to lead the line and he’s not a prolific goal scorer either. 

10 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

Ross Stewart will probably be in the Championship  next season. We know he’s not world class, but we need competition for Dykes and Stewart can provide that. He is a decent centre forward, he can do a job for us.

Sunderland have failed twice to get promoted or is it just once?

Stewart has started well but he's nowhere near good enough.........yet

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Goalkeeper

Hendry Hanley Tierney

RWB                                           Robertson 

McTominay Gilmour

McGinn

Striker            Attacking Mid

On paper, these 7 players should start every game in as close to their preferred positions as possible. Obviously Clarke has to do a bit of jiggary pokery to accommodate Robbo, Tierney and McGinn, but I think it has worked on the whole. The other 4 players are still very much up for debate. 

7 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Goalkeeper

Hendry Hanley Tierney

RWB                                           Robertson 

McTominay Gilmour

McGinn

Striker            Attacking Mid

On paper, these 7 players should start every game in as close to their preferred positions as possible. Obviously Clarke has to do a bit of jiggary pokery to accommodate Robbo, Tierney and McGinn, but I think it has worked on the whole. The other 4 players are still very much up for debate. 

Happy we have our defence sorted now. It’s not been like that for years and years. 

6 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Are you leaving out Hanley because he's suspended or do you think he's pish, too? Also, 2 of those players you mentioned aren't centre backs. If those are the only players you think are better than McKenna then that means he's deserving of a squad place with Scotland.

The question was who to play with no Hanley yes. Hanley is very good for us.