Season 21/22 - Page 37 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lampard seems to be strongly linked with the Norwich job.

As for Stevie G, I think the Villa job would be ideal for him: a big club with a good squad who are struggling a bit but not so much that he'd have an uphill task to turn them around.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, scotlad said:

Lampard seems to be strongly linked with the Norwich job.

As for Stevie G, I think the Villa job would be ideal for him: a big club with a good squad who are struggling a bit but not so much that he'd have an uphill task to turn them around.

I think it's a great opportunity for him. 1 trophy in 9 in Scotland and a couple of Europa runs wouldn't normally get you anywhere near an EPL dugout. He's obviously still dining out on his kudos as a player down south. 

Re Lampard, I thought he showed some promise as a coach before Chelsea binned him off. Obviously Tuchel is on a different level, but still I thought he was a little harshly treated. 

Some of the names being linked would be significantly cheaper. Really, this is a perfect opportunity for them to bank a few quid and get someone in to work on a more realistic budget. Whoever they appoint might tell a lot about what direction they're going in next. 

18 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I think Lennon is available !!!🤣🤣

Bit disappointed with the timing. Similar to how Celtic fans must have felt when Rogers left. Unfortunately these opportunities don't always come up at convenient times so I guess they have to be snapped up or they might not occur again.

Anyhow Big Ramy's comments have brightened my day!

17 minutes ago, slasher said:

I'd have thought Aribo if anyone would be a target. 

Good shout. I can't see too many of our other players being on his wishlist. Villa have obviously lost their best player in Grealish but looking at their squad, it's more a case of getting them to perform to their potential rather than a radical overhaul of the squad.

Rangers bigger. However I’ve never understood how the old firm haven’t been hell bent on making a break away to England. They will always be a stepping stone for managers and some players for that matter as long as they play in Scotland. 

Just now, JECK said:

Rangers bigger. However I’ve never understood how the old firm haven’t been hell bent on making a break away to England. They will always be a stepping stone for managers and some players for that matter as long as they play in Scotland. 

English clubs don't want or need us so that kills it in the water.

46 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Bit disappointed with the timing. Similar to how Celtic fans must have felt when Rogers left. Unfortunately these opportunities don't always come up at convenient times so I guess they have to be snapped up or they might not occur again.

Anyhow Big Ramy's comments have brightened my day!

🤣👍. Loving this...

I mean if Rangers could get Gio, it wouldn't exactly be a step down. Similar styles, good name value and Gio took Feyenoord to their first title in close to 20 years on a smaller budget compared to Ajax and PSV.

Id personally prefer Knutsen at Bodø glimt but if be happy with Gio.

If it's Russell Martin or Derek McIness we are fuc...

5 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I mean if Rangers could get Gio, it wouldn't exactly be a step down. Similar styles, good name value and Gio took Feyenoord to their first title in close to 20 years on a smaller budget compared to Ajax and PSV.

Id personally prefer Knutsen at Bodø glimt but if be happy with Gio.

If it's Russell Martin or Derek McIness we are fuc...

I'd rather have McCoist than McInnes.  And I'd rather have Ramy than McCoist!

1 hour ago, JECK said:

personally I think a British league would be great, and both rangers and Celtic would become bigger clubs and fulfil their potential in Europe and the EPL.  The other Scottish premier teams would be championship but at least have something to play for… promotion to the EPL or relegation to league 1 more like.