The news thread - Page 231 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

43 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Are you for real? Lets look at the facts here:-

The SNP have had the stance of complete ceasefire in Palestine since before Christmas.

Labour have flip-flopped on this matter and held off criticizing Israel to any great degree even up to the past week.

On hearing the SNP's plans to hold a complete cease fire vote they began to crap themselves and changed their stance to a slightly softer one knowing many of its own MP's would support the SNP vote.

Fearing a big split in their party caused by the vote they decided to bend all the rules bending the speaker's ear (with threats if reports are to be believed) in order to have their vote held instead on a watered down ceasefire and surprise surprise it was upheld.

Can you explain in any way that it is an SNP own goal? 

You honestly couldn't make it up

SNP  - we Demand Immediate Ceasefire

Labour - abstain

SNP - we Demand Immediate Ceasefire

Labour - we demand a humanitarian cease fire or we vote against the motion/abstain

The media - The SNP are playing party political games. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been critical of various issues relating to the SNP in the past few years however i support their stance 100% on this one. 

How anyone with any sort of moral compass can blame them for yesterday, is beyond belief. 

They have had a firm stance on this for months, it was THEIR opposition day and they were stitched right up and Hoyle's crocodile tears in order to try and save his job just prove that. 

Him and Labour are an absolute disgrace. Labour will have lost some votes yesterday, especially up here. 

Fuck them. 

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

I think the policy of both Labour and Tories has encouraged Israeli right wingers to think they can get away with anything.

I don't think they give a monkeys what any UK politician does or thinks. The Yanks are the only ones who can stop this slaughter in Gaza. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Flynn was excellent yesterday. His only flaw at the moment is his love of Dundee United. He's better than Blackford IMO

He's not only better than Blackford; he's streets ahead of Yousaf.  He has a wee bit of aggression about him, takes no prisoners.  We need a leader with leadership qualities and Yousaf certainly doesn't have leadership qualities.

I look forward to seeing Dundee United's season crash and burn at Cappielow (twice) in the coming weeks.

Also watch "Scottish" Labour crash and burn in the run up to the UK election.  Sarwar came out with a risible statement about yesterday's events and he's getting torn a new one for his trouble.  Despicable smarmy hypocrite.  And on the Starmer/Hoyle corruption: don't forget Starmer is bought and paid for by Israeli interests - he was paid to ensure that the allegations about genocide were prevented from getting passed in the HoC.  Starmer is a vile hypocrite too.

Sir Keir saying that he didn't "threaten" Hoyle, he only "urged" him. 

Aye, right Sir Keir, did you leave the threatening bit to your bully boy henchmen? 

Hoyle keeps saying sorry, I made a mistake. Fair enough, the best way to correct that mistake is simple. Just have another vote on the SNP motion today. Sorted.

See the people who bang on about these motions on world events being nothing but "virtue signalling" (urggh) are exactly the same people who will bemoan the West/Britain for not condemning various actions when it suits their argument later on.

Wings has jumped the shark again today, for example.  Has to crowbar in some way for this to be anti-SNP.  Embarrassing.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I've been critical of various issues relating to the SNP in the past few years however i support their stance 100% on this one. 

How anyone with any sort of moral compass can blame them for yesterday, is beyond belief. 

They have had a firm stance on this for months, it was THEIR opposition day and they were stitched right up and Hoyle's crocodile tears in order to try and save his job just prove that. 

Him and Labour are an absolute disgrace. Labour will have lost some votes yesterday, especially up here. 

Fuck them. 

That's exactly where I am too.

I hope you're right about Labour's performance yesterday costing them votes up here.

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

He's not only better than Blackford; he's streets ahead of Yousaf.  He has a wee bit of aggression about him, takes no prisoners.  We need a leader with leadership qualities and Yousaf certainly doesn't have leadership qualities.

I look forward to seeing Dundee United's season crash and burn at Cappielow (twice) in the coming weeks.

Also watch "Scottish" Labour crash and burn in the run up to the UK election.  Sarwar came out with a risible statement about yesterday's events and he's getting torn a new one for his trouble.  Despicable smarmy hypocrite.  And on the Starmer/Hoyle corruption: don't forget Starmer is bought and paid for by Israeli interests - he was paid to ensure that the allegations about genocide were prevented from getting passed in the HoC.  Starmer is a vile hypocrite too.

Flynn's main problem - apart from supporting Dundee United, but nobody's perfect - is he is in the wrong parliament.

The role he's undertaking at WM is quite different from that of FM but I have seen enough of him now to conclude that he could be a good FM and very effective leader of the SNP, certainly more so than the present incumbent.

13 minutes ago, scotlad said:

That's exactly where I am too.

I hope you're right about Labour's performance yesterday costing them votes up here.

Flynn's main problem - apart from supporting Dundee United, but nobody's perfect - is he is in the wrong parliament.

The role he's undertaking at WM is quite different from that of FM but I have seen enough of him now to conclude that he could be a good FM and very effective leader of the SNP, certainly more so than the present incumbent.

Hey, hey - that's the 3rd  Anti-Dundee Utd comment. Let's keep football out of politics. 😁😃😆

Hoyle's argument that he was trying to protect MPs safety, doesn't even make sense. If that's the best excuse the Labour party can come up with, it doesn't bode well for when they get into power. They must be very short of "ideas people". You would think they could have come up with a better lie than that?

42 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Flynn was in the same bar as us in Seville pre match in October. 

Never realised who it was at first but i was talking to Alan Brown and then saw them talking later on and it clicked! He looks taller on tv!

I was in his company for about 3 hours the night before and thought there was something strangely familiar about him, I just assumed I’d bumped into him at a previous Scotland trip. Tbh the penny only dropped the next day when I remembered I’d googled him after he’d been on off the ball a few weeks before, bumped into him the next day and I confessed to knowing feck all about politics but asked about off the ball and luckily as I suspected he said Tam and Stuart are good guys but he was super nervous as they don’t let you know of any questions beforehand. 

This is a taster of what British Labour will be like when they become powerful

Since the Rutherglen by-election happened we have seen a resurgence in the likes of Douglas Alexander, John McTernan and Jim Murphy amongst others

It will be fucking unbearable and the contempt they will show to Scottish Independence and it's supporters will be off the scale

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

I was in his company for about 3 hours the night before and thought there was something strangely familiar about him, I just assumed I’d bumped into him at a previous Scotland trip. Tbh the penny only dropped the next day when I remembered I’d googled him after he’d been on off the ball a few weeks before, bumped into him the next day and I confessed to knowing feck all about politics but asked about off the ball and luckily as I suspected he said Tam and Stuart are good guys but he was super nervous as they don’t let you know of any questions beforehand. 

Yeah it never clicked with me but only when i saw Alan Brown who's my MP and i know well, did i click! 

8 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I don't think they give a monkeys what any UK politician does or thinks. The Yanks are the only ones who can stop this slaughter in Gaza. 

I'm sure that's true for some but on the other hand the Israelis have gone out of their way to get Tory and Labour  politicians on side so it would suggest some influence.

20 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I'm sure that's true for some but on the other hand the Israelis have gone out of their way to get Tory and Labour  politicians on side so it would suggest some influence.

I feel that if Germany, France, EU as whole, UK, Japan etc and others state enough is enough that creates debate in the USA, at the very least.

This "it makes no difference" is bogus in my view.

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

English politics is about power, nothing more. Very few of the politicians in the tories or Labour care about doing good for the country. They want power, its why they do it. Starmer and Sunak don't need these roles, they are fucking minted, made for life. People should ask why they got into politics. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

English politics is about power, nothing more. Very few of the politicians in the tories or Labour care about doing good for the country. They want power, its why they do it. Starmer and Sunak don't need these roles, they are fucking minted, made for life. People should ask why they got into politics. 

Yes

And on the latest charade the MSM are doing their best to hide the huge elephant in the room which is the Pro Israel lobby

Why can't they tell the truth of why Labour were so loathed to vote for the SNP Gaza motion instead of trotting out umpteen Labour grandees to lie their tits off

43 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Yes

And on the latest charade the MSM are doing their best to hide the huge elephant in the room which is the Pro Israel lobby

Why can't they tell the truth of why Labour were so loathed to vote for the SNP Gaza motion instead of trotting out umpteen Labour grandees to lie their tits off

It is quite tiresome all the commentary about 'playing politics' and SNP only doing this to get at Labour blah blah and how it suits their grievance politics for the Tories to stay in power. Not a remotely plausible assertion if you think about it for more than a headline. Also plenty of condescending "haven't they got enough issues to sort out at home" as if we've no place in the grown-up parliament. 

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

That should convince most intelligent people that independence needs serious consideration. But it won’t until the system finally shafts THEM , by which time it will be too  late. 

9 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

It is quite tiresome all the commentary about 'playing politics' and SNP only doing this to get at Labour blah blah and how it suits their grievance politics for the Tories to stay in power. Not a remotely plausible assertion if you think about it for more than a headline. Also plenty of condescending "haven't they got enough issues to sort out at home" as if we've no place in the grown-up parliament. 

Do they not have huge NHS waiting lists, local councils strapped for cash, politicians of all parties caught embarrassing themselves and leaders (Boris, truss & Sunak) being total liars. 

15 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Do they not have huge NHS waiting lists, local councils strapped for cash, politicians of all parties caught embarrassing themselves and leaders (Boris, truss & Sunak) being total liars. 

I wish they'd make their minds up; we're either a pretendy parliament who should stick to fixing potholes or they expect us to have the money/powers to sort out all of Scotland’s ills, inc having saintly politicians of maximum competency.