The news thread - Page 176 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I can excuse the 'sponge brain bigots' to some extent but what I find absolutely appalling is that a lot of this being stirred up by Tory MSPs. I'm not sure that any statement by Scotland's FM will make much difference. What is utterly appealing and inexcusable is the trivialising of human suffering, both Israeli and Palestinian, to score cheap party political points. 

👏👏👏

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I quite like Clinton Morrison’s punditry. Think he’s ahead of many of them…… certainly ahead of Boyd, Stephen warnock, etc.. maybe I’m just a sucker for a bit of jafaican.

Football Focus has allegedly lost 1/3 of its audience since Dan Walker left a couple of years ago…… not sure it’s all down to Alex Scott but am pretty sure people just can’t be arsed when they are watching predominantly for the men’s game. Have a separate show by all means. Fill it with Fara Williams and that blonde goalie …… they are unwatchable. Not sexiest, they are just shite.

56 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

I quite like Clinton Morrison’s punditry. Think he’s ahead of many of them…… certainly ahead of Boyd, Stephen warnock, etc.. maybe I’m just a sucker for a bit of jafaican.

Football Focus has allegedly lost 1/3 of its audience since Dan Walker left a couple of years ago…… not sure it’s all down to Alex Scott but am pretty sure people just can’t be arsed when they are watching predominantly for the men’s game. Have a separate show by all means. Fill it with Fara Williams and that blonde goalie …… they are unwatchable. Not sexiest, they are just shite.

I’d imagine all these show’s viewing figures will be down because YouTube Facebook TikTok various Apps and X all give you access to see highlights and goals (legally and illegally) within seconds of them being scored, that’s why Jeff Sterling packed in nobody was watching anymore. I happened upon Sportscene the other week for the first time in years it’s nearly that bad it’s good! Looks like the budget for everything is about a tenner

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

I’d imagine all these show’s viewing figures will be down because YouTube Facebook TikTok various Apps and X all give you access to see highlights and goals (legally and illegally) within seconds of them being scored, that’s why Jeff Sterling packed in nobody was watching anymore. I happened upon Sportscene the other week for the first time in years it’s nearly that bad it’s good! Looks like the budget for everything is about a tenner

Also, any football fan who is in the house on a Saturday afternoon is probably watch some game on a dodgy feed. 

260 people were killed at the music festival near the Gaza Strip. Fighting for freedom doesn't justify the cold blooded murder of people dancing and just having a good time. Palestine should be free, but these Hamas executioners deserve everything coming to them.

9 hours ago, kumnio said:

260 people were killed at the music festival near the Gaza Strip. Fighting for freedom doesn't justify the cold blooded murder of people dancing and just having a good time. Palestine should be free, but these Hamas executioners deserve everything coming to them.

Aye it's been total depraved barbarity.

The slow change from a "secular" movement who targeted militrary targets to this  current operation is terrible. I'm sure there are many reasons for it, but it's just so fucking wrong.

10 hours ago, kumnio said:

sickening reaction from Greer and chapman here trying to justify this with “context”.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

This tweet is word for word correct in my opinion.  Nothing sickening about it.  

This action has made supporting the legitimate aspirations of Palestine significantly harder though, because of these actions by Hamas.  Nothing justifies it and people will lump it all together.  Palestine is utterly and totally persecuted by Israel though affecting the life chances of Palestinians every day.  I don't think that should be lost in the rhetoric or anger.  This action has been totally counter productive as it's made it really difficult to express this view in the international community, now.  

4 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

This tweet is word for word correct in my opinion.  Nothing sickening about it.  

This action has made supporting the legitimate aspirations of Palestine significantly harder though, because of these actions by Hamas.  Nothing justifies it and people will lump it all together.  Palestine is utterly and totally persecuted by Israel though affecting the life chances of Palestinians every day.  I don't think that should be lost in the rhetoric or anger.  This action has been totally counter productive as it's made it really difficult to express this view in the international community, now.  

Its a massive own goal by Hamas. There will be 2 losers. Them and the currently Israeli PM. Short term it will unify Israelis in one mission. To wipe out Hamas.

Edited by EddardStark

Yes an own goal by Hamas with thousands of innocents dying as a result of their cold-blooded action. However, the Israeli state have been carrying out heinous actions too (largely if not totally unreported) on the Palestinian people for decades. This whole situation kicked off decades ago when the Israeli state was formed and Palestinians were kicked off their own land - something similar to what happened to indigenous peoples of North America, Australia and many more countries throughout history.

15 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes an own goal by Hamas with thousands of innocents dying as a result of their cold-blooded action. However, the Israeli state have been carrying out heinous actions too (largely if not totally unreported) on the Palestinian people for decades. This whole situation kicked off decades ago when the Israeli state was formed and Palestinians were kicked off their own land - something similar to what happened to indigenous peoples of North America, Australia and many more countries throughout history.

As with everything the situation in the middle east is a lot more complicated and nuanced.   The problem post WW2 was always going to be where do you find the land for a homeland for stateless people.   As with a lot of the historic issues with the middle east, the UKG paws are all over it.

4 hours ago, aaid said:

Why not just unequivocally state that Hamas are terrorist commiting the worst kind of atrocities and must be eradicated from this earth?

why, immediately after, post a tweet to raise funds for Palestinians?

I am aware of the complexity of the situation there but any contextualising trying to justify this is sickening- to be fair to Greer, Chapman’s tweet was worse.

Israel will now wipe Hamas from the face of the earth, I can only hope that there are minimal civilians affected by this, but I fear there will be significant collateral damage.

4 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

why, immediately after, post a tweet to raise funds for Palestinians

Israel will now wipe Hamas from the face of the earth, I can only hope that there are minimal civilians affected by this, but I fear there will be significant collateral damage.

You answer your own question yourself.

Then again, you don’t really care about Israelis or Palestinians, just like your pal Jackson Carlaw all you want to do is have a go at the Greens.  Imagine caring so little about people dying. 

2 hours ago, aaid said:

You answer your own question yourself.

Then again, you don’t really care about Israelis or Palestinians, just like your pal Jackson Carlaw all you want to do is have a go at the Greens.  Imagine caring so little about people dying. 

utter tripe, but you know that yourself.  I clearly state that I hope there are minimal casualties in that very post.  For the avoidance of doubt and the hard of thinking, that is on all sides of this nauseating conflict.

i do however hope that these hamas terrorists meet their end in the most horrific way imaginable.

17 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

i do however hope that these hamas terrorists meet their end in the most horrific way imaginable.

Obliterating Gaza and the rest of what is left of Palestine will only create more Hamas terrorists/freedom fighters

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

utter tripe, but you know that yourself.  I clearly state that I hope there are minimal casualties in that very post.  For the avoidance of doubt and the hard of thinking, that is on all sides of this nauseating conflict.

Do you now? Hamas are only defending their land and their people from a foreign murdering regime.. I do not like the way innocent people are killed in the process, but let's not forget, the Palestinians did not start this, Israel are responsible..  Now Israel are claiming they are the victims here. How many innocent Palestinians were murdered, raped, tortured, thrown out of their homes for decades at the hands of the Israelites.. It's fuckin horrible to witness this happening, don't get me wrong, but remember who is firing rockets, and who was throwing stones......