Euro 2020: Injury list - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020: Injury list

Taylor1996

Che Adams is still a doubt. He has a groin injury, if it's a severe one then he's out.

If he does pull out then I'm not sure who will fill the spot. Clarke should've brought in Griffiths, to get him in shape and just in case.

England are in a mess: 

Henderson hasn't played since February. Rashford has a should injury that requires an operation and I'm sure he picked up another knock in the Europa Final. They don't expect Grealish to last a full 90 mins. They've lost their number one goalkeeper in Pope. Maguire is a major doubt. Philips is a doubt.

That's why they've chosen a 33 man provisional squad.

If our players go into the England match and show bravery and confidence, we can get all three points.

Edited by Taylor1996

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Che Adams is still a doubt. He has a groin injury, if it's a severe one then he's out.

If he does pull out then I'm not sure who will fill the spot. Clarke should've brought in Griffiths, to get him in shape and just in case.

England are in a mess: 

Henderson hasn't played since February. Rashford has a should injury that requires an operation and I'm sure he picked up another knock in the Europa Final. They don't expect Grealish to last a full 90 mins. They've lost their number one goalkeeper in Pope. Maguire is a major doubt. Philips is a doubt.

If our players go into the England match and show bravery and confidence, we can get all three points.

Celtic has been trying to do that for 2 years. You think Clarke could do it in 2 weeks? 

Nisbet is a far better proposition at this stage.

10 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

England are in a mess: 

I wouldn't say they are in a mess. They have cover in every position, sometimes 3 or 4 players who could step in. If their front six is Mount, Rice, Foden, Grealish, Kane and Sterling I think we'll do well to hold them to a draw.

14 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Celtic has been trying to do that for 2 years. You think Clarke could do it in 2 weeks? 

Nisbet is a far better proposition at this stage.

True. But he has come off the bench three times out of the previous four matches, so he must be relatively in shape.

I wasn't aware of the condition of Che Adams until yesterday and it's got me a bit concerned, I think The Dingo Warrior would be more of a loss because of the way we play but I'm real hoping Adams makes it. 

37 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

True. But he has come off the bench three times out of the previous four matches, so he must be relatively in shape.

He’s fine to play around 20-30 minutes I think but I’m not sure if we can afford a passenger like that. If Adams doesn’t make it then we need another striker that can play the guts of 90 minutes. In fact we might even need players that can play extra time as well.

Maybe I’m doing Griffiths a disservice. He could be fitter than we think but I think Clarke would need to be certain of his fitness level before calling him up if Adams does drop out. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

He’s fine to play around 20-30 minutes I think but I’m not sure if we can afford a passenger like that. If Adams doesn’t make it then we need another striker that can play the guts of 90 minutes. In fact we might even need players that can play extra time as well.

Maybe I’m doing Griffiths a disservice. He could be fitter than we think but I think Clarke would need to be certain of his fitness level before calling him up if Adams does drop out. 

It just shows how thin we are in the striking area. If Adams does pull out, then who is next? Shankland? Not worth thinking about.

18 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I wasn't aware of the condition of Che Adams until yesterday and it's got me a bit concerned, I think The Dingo Warrior would be more of a loss because of the way we play but I'm real hoping Adams makes it. 

Groin injuries generally take 4-12 weeks to heal. He got the injury on the 21st.

If the injury is the minimum 4 week, that's 18th June (England match).

I think he's a major injury doubt.

22 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Groin injuries generally take 4-12 weeks to heal. He got the injury on the 21st.

If the injury is the minimum 4 week, that's 18th June (England match).

I think he's a major injury doubt.

I hope this in not wishful thinking from you.  During the Steven Reid interview yesterday he says everyone is fit. 

3 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

I hope this in not wishful thinking from you.  During the Steven Reid interview yesterday he says everyone is fit. 

Everyone who is in the squad, I want 100% fit.

I wouldn't wish an injury on any player. Hopefully Adams pulls through. 

Edited by Taylor1996

15 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

7:33 "There are one or two who had a couple of minor issues at the back end of the season".

Probably referring to Adams and Fraser.

Edited by Taylor1996

8 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I wouldn't say they are in a mess. They have cover in every position, sometimes 3 or 4 players who could step in. If their front six is Mount, Rice, Foden, Grealish, Kane and Sterling I think we'll do well to hold them to a draw.

I agree. I'd love to think they're there for the taking but their frontline alone could tear us to shreds if we're not set up properly.

It's probably me, but I don't see what all the fuss is about Jordan Henderson; available or not, I don't think he'll have a major effect on how England play. Grealish isn't a major player for them either, and they still have Pickford in goals who has 30 odd caps for them.

Maguire and Rashford they'd miss but even so, I'd take a draw right now.

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

It just shows how thin we are in the striking area. If Adams does pull out, then who is next? Shankland? Not worth thinking about.

Hopefully Adams makes it but if he doesn't, I'd call up Leigh Griffiths. Even an out of condition Griffiths is better than Lawrence Shankland.

22 hours ago, scotlad said:

I agree. I'd love to think they're there for the taking but their frontline alone could tear us to shreds if we're not set up properly.

It's probably me, but I don't see what all the fuss is about Jordan Henderson; available or not, I don't think he'll have a major effect on how England play. Grealish isn't a major player for them either, and they still have Pickford in goals who has 30 odd caps for them.

I don't know. Take out Kane, Rashford and Sterling (one is off form and one is playing through an injury) and only Sancho has more than 7 caps.  They're very inexperienced at this level.

Wanna know the funny thing? Gareth Southgate wanted squads to be smaller than 26... and then his injuries mounted, so he selected 33. lol

Jordan Henderson is a good player. He's one of these understated, non-flashy players that never get the appreciation that they deserve (Much like McTominay and Darren Fletcher before him) but every team needs at least one.

I'm delighted at Pickford being in goal. :)

I don't know. Potentially, their spine is missing/injured (Pope, Maguire, Henderson, Rashord). The way that our players are talking, I think they fancy themselves to win this one.

On 5/30/2021 at 7:54 PM, Taylor1996 said:

7:33 "There are one or two who had a couple of minor issues at the back end of the season".

Probably referring to Adams and Fraser.

Yeh like he says minor issues, if any player was seriously a doubt I'm sure it would be public knowledge as i don't see any reason for keeping secrets 2 weeks before a competitive game. 

So until we hear different no need to speculate on potential replacements.. 

For what it's worth I'm more concerned with a lack of match sharpness/confidence for Forrest & especially Fraser. 

Hope they get a minimum 1 half each against the Dutch. 

On 5/30/2021 at 8:29 PM, scotlad said:

Hopefully Adams makes it but if he doesn't, I'd call up Leigh Griffiths. Even an out of condition Griffiths is better than Lawrence Shankland.

I'm a dreamer (we have to be as Scotland fans) but I'm also realistic England no matter how many injuries will be stronger man for man in 9 or 10 positions so if we got a draw it'll be a fantastic result that's the reality. 

I'm not sure but i didn't think Pope was their automatic number 1, thought they rotated as there's no stand out choice. Hope Southgate starts Pickford over Henderson, maybe there's more chance of a mistake out of him. 

No further comment on the England squad at this point from me I'm much more interested in our very tough opening opponent. 

12 hours ago, theabsentee said:

I'm a dreamer (we have to be as Scotland fans) but I'm also realistic England no matter how many injuries will be stronger man for man in 9 or 10 positions so if we got a draw it'll be a fantastic result that's the reality. 

I'm not sure but i didn't think Pope was their automatic number 1, thought they rotated as there's no stand out choice. Hope Southgate starts Pickford over Henderson, maybe there's more chance of a mistake out of him. 

No further comment on the England squad at this point from me I'm much more interested in our very tough opening opponent. 

That's how I see it too.  We'd be creaming ourselves if we had some of their second-string players, let alone some of their first.

I think Pope is the better goalie of the two but Pickford has more caps.  I don't think he'd have been an automatic pick as first choice, even if he had been fit.

But aye, we've a tough game to tackle before we take on England.

17 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

I don't know. Take out Kane, Rashford and Sterling (one is off form and one is playing through an injury) and only Sancho has more than 7 caps.  They're very inexperienced at this level.

Wanna know the funny thing? Gareth Southgate wanted squads to be smaller than 26... and then his injuries mounted, so he selected 33. lol

Jordan Henderson is a good player. He's one of these understated, non-flashy players that never get the appreciation that they deserve (Much like McTominay and Darren Fletcher before him) but every team needs at least one.

I'm delighted at Pickford being in goal. :)

I don't know. Potentially, their spine is missing/injured (Pope, Maguire, Henderson, Rashord). The way that our players are talking, I think they fancy themselves to win this one.

I'd like to think so.  It doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks, they're the ones who'll be playing the game - if they believe in themselves, that's all that matters.

If they turn in a passive, limp-dick performance like they did against Belgium and Russia though, they'll get hammered.

8 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

So how long does he need to isolate for? 10 days or until he produces a negative?

Its not quite clear at the moment, but imagine he will probably need to take a 2nd test in a couple of days and that could be the deciding factor for him if he has to go home or can travel in Luxembourg (do not think press fully know either as none are saying thats him out of the tournament, just the Netherlands game)

Just now, jailender said:

But Fleck has also been in the "bubble", so IF he has Covid, it could well spread further in the squad.

all the squad were tested and everyone returned a negative test for flying onward to Portugal.