Jump to content

Euro 2020: Injury list


Recommended Posts

(Hopefully this will be a shortlist)

Oliver McBurnie: Doubtful. 

Ryan Jack: Out.

Ryan Jack being our is a savage blow. Unless we play Tiermey in the double-pivot, the only options are McCrorie and Shinnie. As much as I love McTominay and like McGregor, I don't trust them as a pair.

And for me, McBurnie is just behind Dykes. So hopefully he's a quick healer!

Edited by Taylor1996
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack is a loss. Anyone who's watched mcrorie lately will know he is not playing well enough nor will he do a better job than mctominay, or mcgrgor. However he is under a new manager now who may bring a different style and new confidence to aberdeen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s probably the last we will see of McBurnie in a Scotland shirt now as the other strikers can establish themselves & by the time he’s back we should have Griffiths at a new club and more available as well as our current top 4 choice strikers of Adams, Dykes, Nisbet & Shankland 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some are exaggerating how good Jack was for Scotland. He was good and he's improved a lot from the days scott brown used to steal his lunch money but he is replaceable 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I think some are exaggerating how good Jack was for Scotland. He was good and he's improved a lot from the days scott brown used to steal his lunch money but he is replaceable 

I would tend to agree. Only thing is I think he's the type who shores up the midfield pretty well and we don't have a like-for-like player and in the Euros we'll need that type of midfielder. He's expendable in matches when we need to go chasing goals and wins though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Third lanark I don't think it's the amount of players they loose as they probably have a better replacement than we do. If you look at the Czech 2nd team that played us then you can see they have a lot to pick from. England have 3 maybe 4 in most positions not sure about Croatia they maybe more like we are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I'm just wondering if England will lose any players between now and the Euros. Or indeed Croatia or Czechia. The latter have lost Kudela through suspension. I bet Scotland will have the longest list.

England have lost James Maddison (he attended a party in the days of covid). Ok. It's not through injury, but still. I can't see Southgate not making an example out of Maddison.

Injuries: Jack Grealish will probably make it, but he'll need England's friendlies to get him up to speed. 

Declan Rice is a big doubt, as is Henderson, Gomez and Barnes.

Harry Kane climbed off tonight vs Everton. If Kane is ruled out it'll be a massive blow to them. For them he is irreplaceable.

Edited by Taylor1996
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Forgot about that one.

Tierney: Doubt.

I have my suspicions that Tierney will make it, even if he's 80% ready. There's no way that he'd let Arteta or Arsenal dictate. This is a player who could play for anyone in the world, and improve them. Arsenal know this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Ok. Forgot about that one.

Tierney: Doubt.

I have my suspicions that Tierney will make it, even if he's 80% ready. There's no way that he'd let Arteta or Arsenal dictate. This is a player who could play for anyone in the world, and improve them. Arsenal know this.

Yet many have doubted his commitment to the national team so I guess we will see. Can squash all that talk if he turns up without having played for Arsenal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

England have lost James Maddison (he attended a party in the days of covid). Ok. It's not through injury, but still. I can't see Southgate not making an example out of Maddison.

Injuries: Jack Grealish will probably make it, but he'll need England's friendlies to get him up to speed. 

Declan Rice is a big doubt, as is Henderson, Gomez and Barnes.

Harry Kane climbed off tonight vs Everton. If Kane is ruled out it'll be a massive blow to them. For them he is irreplaceable.

I don’t want to see anyone getting injured but I won’t be upset if Kane is ruled out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

England have lost James Maddison (he attended a party in the days of covid). Ok. It's not through injury, but still. I can't see Southgate not making an example out of Maddison.

Injuries: Jack Grealish will probably make it, but he'll need England's friendlies to get him up to speed. 

Declan Rice is a big doubt, as is Henderson, Gomez and Barnes.

Harry Kane climbed off tonight vs Everton. If Kane is ruled out it'll be a massive blow to them. For them he is irreplaceable.

Agree on Harry Kane, he banged in another 2 tonight. England losing Kane is like the TAMB losing Big Ramy... Just sayin like...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Agree on Harry Kane, he banged in another 2 tonight. England losing Kane is like the TAMB losing Big Ramy... Just sayin like...

You were banned for a week and I didn’t even notice you were gone. Just sayin like. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Texas Pete said:

You were banned for a week and I didn’t even notice you were gone. Just sayin like. 😂

I love you to mate..🤣🤣🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I love you to mate..🤣🤣🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

😂😂😂 only joking mate I wasn’t even on here when you were banned. Just came back on this week to see what the chat was.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

😂😂😂 only joking mate I wasn’t even on here when you were banned. Just came back on this week to see what the chat was.  

No bother pal..😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Agree on Harry Kane, he banged in another 2 tonight. England losing Kane is like the TAMB losing Big Ramy... Just sayin like...

As much as I loathe England having a world class player... Harry Kane is world class.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

As much as I loathe England having a world class player... Harry Kane is world class.

Agree again. Christ, imagine if we had a world class striker?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Yet many have doubted his commitment to the national team so I guess we will see. Can squash all that talk if he turns up without having played for Arsenal.

Yeah. I'm one of them.

I'm happy to be proves wrong on that one.

I think it's a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder with Tierney. He's already spoken about moving back to Scotland when he retires.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

England have lost James Maddison (he attended a party in the days of covid). Ok. It's not through injury, but still. I can't see Southgate not making an example out of Maddison.

Injuries: Jack Grealish will probably make it, but he'll need England's friendlies to get him up to speed. 

Declan Rice is a big doubt, as is Henderson, Gomez and Barnes.

Harry Kane climbed off tonight vs Everton. If Kane is ruled out it'll be a massive blow to them. For them he is irreplaceable.

Now Lingard looks to be injured.

Possible hamstring injury. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...