Euro 2020: Injury list - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020: Injury list

Taylor1996

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I think we are sometimes too hard on ourselves. We have some top class players, playing for great teams. Of all the teams at the Euros, there are probably less than 5 that could say they have a full squad of elite players. Belgium, France, Germany... can't think of any others at the moment. Every team has their weaknesses to exploit. 

The fact that Clarke will have so much time with this group of players gives me so much confidence. I can't think of a better way to gel a team together. And most of these guys will be together for years to come.

It's exactly what we've missed for 23 years. Getting 2 or 3 days to train, with multiple drop outs at each international break was a huge hindrance to building a cohesive squad. No matter what happens in this tournament, we'll be a better team going forward.

Yeah good point about the time Clarke will have with the players. 

A couple of weeks to work on drills and tactics is light years better than having a few days, especially when one squad can be very different to the next during qualifiers/NL due to injuries and suspect withdrawals. 

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, thesaint said:

NOPE

With all due respect, you arent a moderator, nor am I. As long as people are respectful and not abusive, they're welcome.

Croatian injury news:

Ante Rebic is suffering from a calf injury. It isn't too bad. But he has missed close to a dozen matches this year.

Class player.

Dejan Lovren is another injury concern. 

5 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

They are all better than us according to FIFA and UEFA. We had to use the playoffs to qualify for a reason. If you can’t see that we are the weakest team in the group then I’m afraid you are deluded. 

That doesn’t mean we can’t beat all three teams though. If we play at our best we can beat anyone, especially at Hampden. 

Quite what politics has to do with whether we are better than other international teams or not I don’t know. Baffling post. 

Forget it's England for a minute, just looking purely at the players they have - particularly their attacking players - and you have to be honest and say they're a fucking good team; and we're playing them not in a neutral venue, but in their own ground. 

We haven't beaten a team ranked above us away from home in a meaningful fixture since, I think, 2007 (I could be wrong there); and for all that Maguire and Stones have mistakes in them, we're likely to be starting with Grant Hanley and/or Jack Hendry in central defence - theirs is a whole different standard of error-prone defender! 

If we show them too much respect, like we did Belgium and Russia, they're capable of taking us to the cleaners.  A draw would be a very good result for us indeed. 

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Forget it's England for a minute, just looking purely at the players they have - particularly their attacking players - and you have to be honest and say they're a fucking good team; and we're playing them not in a neutral venue, but in their own ground. 

We haven't beaten a team ranked above us away from home in a meaningful fixture since, I think, 2007 (I could be wrong there); and for all that Maguire and Stones have mistakes in them, we're likely to be starting with Grant Hanley and/or Jack Hendry in central defence - theirs is a whole different standard of error-prone defender! 

If we show them too much respect, like we did Belgium and Russia, they're capable of taking us to the cleaners.  A draw would be a very good result for us indeed. 

Croatia away 2013?

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

11 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Croatia away 2013?

Czech Republic away last year? Ok so it was their u15s or something but I’m still claiming it. 

36 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Croatia away 2013?

By the time we played them we'd already been eliminated, so while it was a good result it wasn't really a meaningful one.

24 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Czech Republic away last year? Ok so it was their u15s or something but I’m still claiming it. 

Technically, yes, however it was in the Nations League, so it was against a team who are roughly the same level as us. Also, it was their C team we played.

4 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

And your evidence Is where?

I'm waiting.

I don’t need evidence Dark Knight. I’m just lettin ye ken that I, and others, know the truth.

Do you really expect people to believe that an England supporter who has been a member for years just happens to come on here and mainly converse with you about things you like talking about? No genuine England fan would hang around here like a pathetic bad smell. 

Roverboy’s log in times are also very similar to yours. For example you were both online around 4am yesterday. Doesn’t that seem a bit odd to you, min? 

Deny it all ye want mucker but I’m on tae ye. 

If we are going to look into history then I'd rather look at the positive stats:

In 5 matches against Croatia they have never beaten us. In our previous 4 matches against the Czech republic we are unbeaten.

And England? I don't buy the hype. The only players that I'm not familiar with are Tomori (sp?) From AC Milan, Jadon Sancho and Billingham. The rest arent anything to be afraid of.

They're the same up top as they are in defence. They might lose Maguire, they have nothing to replace him with, same deal if they lost Harry Kane.

12 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Yeah good point about the time Clarke will have with the players. 

A couple of weeks to work on drills and tactics is light years better than having a few days, especially when one squad can be very different to the next during qualifiers/NL due to injuries and suspect withdrawals. 

Oh it's massive. And we'll never quite know the extent it will help us moving forward.

Expecting success from previous managers with virtually no prep time was a big ask. They were essentially limited to choosing the best players and formation, and doing their best to motivate individuals. Even if Clarke walks away at some point, he'll leave behind a close knit group, that know each other inside out. 

7 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

If we are going to look into history then I'd rather look at the positive stats:

In 5 matches against Croatia they have never beaten us. In our previous 4 matches against the Czech republic we are unbeaten.

And England? I don't buy the hype. The only players that I'm not familiar with are Tomori (sp?) From AC Milan, Jadon Sancho and Billingham. The rest arent anything to be afraid of.

They're the same up top as they are in defence. They might lose Maguire, they have nothing to replace him with, same deal if they lost Harry Kane.

England have a host of top quality strikers who won’t even get into their squad who could do a job if Kanes out. Their squad depth is ridiculously good 

8 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

So grealish foden sancho kane dcl sterling Greenwood rashford saka aren't anything to be afraid of? Everyone of those players would not only walk into ur side but be ur star player. Anyway I'm done on here till we play u then I'm fucking off permanently.  I hope we give u cunts a good hammering (This isn't aimed at u personally taylor)

Edited by roverboy

13 minutes ago, roverboy said:

So grealish foden sancho kane dcl sterling Greenwood rashford saka aren't anything to be afraid of? Everyone of those players would not only walk into ur side but be ur star player. Anyway I'm done on here till we play u then I'm fucking off permanently.  I hope we give u cunts a good hammering (This isn't aimed at u personally taylor)

A curious change of tone, and especially style, Mr Hyde. 

27 minutes ago, roverboy said:

Its the hope i live for its what makes being a SSC member great!!  simply looking at which team looks the best on paper then England would have won a couple world cups and 3 to 4 Euro's.  You are correct 9 out of 11 would start in our team but id rather live in hope and excitement than in a delusional state where i go on other FA's message boards to state how great my team is...

38 minutes ago, Mushet84 said:

Its the hope i live for its what makes being a SSC member great!!  simply looking at which team looks the best on paper then England would have won a couple world cups and 3 to 4 Euro's.  You are correct 9 out of 11 would start in our team but id rather live in hope and excitement than in a delusional state where i go on other FA's message boards to state how great my team is...

Exactly! It’s arrogant and uneccessary. England have a great group of players but ramming it down your opponents’ throats and having a hissy fit when they bite back is comical. He’s probably off for a cry and a wank over Boris now. 

1 hour ago, roverboy said:

You are just embarrassing yourself now Chripper. 

Even England supporters know how to use a comma and nobody uses “ur” anymore. 

You must be the saddest person ever to grace this board. 

33 minutes ago, Kiltedsteamer147 said:

You are just embarrassing yourself now Chripper. 

Even England supporters know how to use a comma and nobody uses “ur” anymore. 

You must be the saddest person ever to grace this board. 

Accurate from start to finish. 

11 hours ago, scotlad said:

Technically, yes, however it was in the Nations League, so it was against a team who are roughly the same level as us. Also, it was their C team we played.

We were promoted to league B though. If we had been promoted to League A last year (which we were very close to achieving) would we be the same level as France and Belgium?

Fair point about the Czechs not being at full strength though. I doubt we’d have beaten them that night if they had their first team out although we’ll never know. 

4 hours ago, Mushet84 said:

He’s not a genuine England supporter. 

It’s 100% Chripper/Dark Knight/Dohadeer. 

I doubt any England fans would be sad enough to come on here and act the way ‘roverboy’ has been acting. 

Edited by Kiltedsteamer147

6 hours ago, ProudScot said:

England have a host of top quality strikers who won’t even get into their squad who could do a job if Kanes out. Their squad depth is ridiculously good 

"Striker" is a relative term.

Manchester United have Rashford and Greenwood. Why do you think they were so desperate to keep Cavani?

They have Calvert-Lewin, Watkins to cover Kane. They are fine, but there's a reason why they're playing for Villa and Everton

Players like Rashford, Greenwood, etc, are not strikers. At least, not yet.

6 hours ago, roverboy said:

Well, Kane is definitely to be scared of. But the rest? Not really. You can't play all of them at the same time.

(I know it's not. Don't let them get to you. Personally, it doesn't bother me. They are not bothering themselves more than they're bothering me. lol. Think about it. If you stay, you'll be annoying them and they'll be making themselves look like blathering paranoid morons in the process)

8 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

"Striker" is a relative term.

Manchester United have Rashford and Greenwood. Why do you think they were so desperate to keep Cavani?

They have Calvert-Lewin, Watkins to cover Kane. They are fine, but there's a reason why they're playing for Villa and Everton

Players like Rashford, Greenwood, etc, are not strikers. At least, not yet.

Considering they are not 'strikers' they do a hell of a lot of striking.

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Well, they're not wingers either. Maybe 'wing striker' is a new term for them; only one we have like that is perhaps Forrest - that is, one who can score goals from the flanks.

"Inside forwards" is another one.

Definitely. Fraser is another.. You'll notice that when Fraser and Forrest had both of their best games for Scotland they played as inside forwards, flanking... can't remember who.

I'd say Rashford and Greenwood are the same. Not wingers, but definitely not strikers.