Euro 2020: Injury list - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020: Injury list

Taylor1996

8 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

One win could get us second place. Could easily go into the last game with no points needing to beat Croatia and hoping England beat the Czechs. Think we've been there before.Ā 

Could happen that way but knowing our luck with goal difference Iā€™d rather we took 4 points from our first 2 games. Well, 6 to be honest but that might be a wee bit greedy/unrealistic. šŸ˜‚

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I won't, I'll be hacked off. It's England we should never be delighted with anything but a winĀ 

I'd be happy with a draw against Croatia assumingĀ we win our first two games and only then if we rest our strongest eleven , but that's about it.

Not sure were all this "but they're all better than us" attitude came from. Seem's to coincide with the nationalists rise to power in Scotland. You would think it would work the other way

15 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I'd be happy with a draw against Croatia assumingĀ we win our first two games and only then if we rest our strongest eleven , but that's about it.

Not sure were all this "but they're all better than us" attitude came from. Seem's to coincide with the nationalists rise to power in Scotland. You would think it would work the other way

They are all better than us according to FIFA and UEFA. We had to use the playoffs to qualify for a reason. If you canā€™t see that we are the weakest team in the group then Iā€™m afraid you are deluded.Ā 

That doesnā€™t mean we canā€™t beat all three teams though. If we play at our best we can beat anyone, especially at Hampden.Ā 

Quite what politics has to do with whether we are better than other international teams or not I donā€™t know. Baffling post.Ā 

2 hours ago, roverboy said:

That ain't true. We have the likes of Ben White, who has been brilliant for Brighton who could come in. Konsa has been excellent for villa.Ā  Tomori has been very good for Milan.Ā  Coady is wolves captain.Ā  Keane has helped Everton push for Europe.Ā  In midfield we have Bellingham. Hes a super prospect.Ā  James Ward-Prowse has been Southampton player of the year.Ā  Phillips has adapted well for Leeds. Declan Rice.Ā  We have alot more options than you think. The only reason why hes rushing Henderson back is because hes got great experience and he's a very good playerĀ 

Yes: White, Konsa, Coady and Keane are all good defenders, but they're not playing for big clubs. Certainly not top 6. Yes, Tomori has done well for AC Milan.

None of them have the experience and the authority of Maguire.

Bellingham is all prospect at the moment.

Phillips, Ward-prowse and Rice are in the same boat as the aforementioned defenders. Only Rice is challenging for a top 6 place. He'll probably join Chelsea in the summer.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

The question is why are england being brought onto our site.?Couldn't give a shit what their injury problems are.This is a Scotland forum...KEEP IT THAT WAY.

Because they're in our group. I wouldn't be mentioning them, or want them to be mentioned, if they weren't.Ā 

You know what they say, "KeepĀ your friends close, and your enemies closer"

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yes: White, Konsa, Coady and Keane are all good defenders, but they're not playing for big clubs. Certainly not top 6. Yes, Tomori has done well for AC Milan.

Phillips, Ward-prowse and Rice are in the same boat as the aforementioned defenders. Only Rice is challenging for a top 6 place. He'll probably join Chelsea in the summer.

Re Ben White at Brighton, RoverboyĀ is talking pish. I live inĀ Brighton and go to a few games. Lewis Dunk is a far better defender - evidenced by him winning their fans player of the year. White not even in the conversation. I suspect this great strength in depth heā€™s talking about with the other players may similarly be one-eyed optimism. Of course, it will be a very difficult game for us but theyā€™re not Brazil 1970. Theyā€™ll make mistakes - Jordan Pickford and John Stones are stalwarts of their teamĀ fuckĀ sake! We need John McGinn to bring his shooting boots and we give ourselves a chance.

Agree but every player has to start somewhereĀ 

1 minute ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Re Ben White at Brighton, RoverboyĀ is talking pish. I live inĀ Brighton and go to a few games. Lewis Dunk is a far better defender - evidenced by him winning their fans player of the year. White not even in the conversation. I suspect this great strength in depth heā€™s talking about with the other players may similarly be one-eyed optimism. Of course, it will be a very difficult game for us but theyā€™re not Brazil 1970. Theyā€™ll make mistakes - Jordan Pickford and John Stones are stalwarts of their teamĀ fuckĀ sake! We need John McGinn to bring his shooting boots and we give ourselves a chance.

I think we are sometimes too hard on ourselves. We have some top class players, playing for great teams. Of all the teams at the Euros, there are probably less than 5 that could say they have a full squad of elite players. Belgium, France, Germany... can't think of any others at the moment. Every team has their weaknesses to exploit.Ā 

The fact that Clarke will have so much time with this group of players gives me so much confidence. I can't think of a better way to gel a team together. And most of these guys will be together for years to come.

It's exactly what we've missed for 23 years. Getting 2 or 3 days to train, with multiple drop outs at each international break was a huge hindrance to building a cohesive squad. No matter what happens in this tournament, we'll be a better team going forward.

2 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I think we are sometimes too hard on ourselves. We have some top class players, playing for great teams. Of all the teams at the Euros, there are probably less than 5 that could say they have a full squad of elite players. Belgium, France, Germany... can't think of any others at the moment. Every team has their weaknesses to exploit.Ā 

The fact that Clarke will have so much time with this group of players gives me so much confidence. I can't think of a better way to gel a team together. And most of these guys will be together for years to come.

It's exactly what we've missed for 23 years. Getting 2 or 3 days to train, with multiple drop outs at each international break was a huge hindrance to building a cohesive squad. No matter what happens in this tournament, we'll be a better team going forward.

Agree and I think the nations league has helped us too. We have had more competitive games over the last couple of years than not far of the previous 20.

Not making major finals and being out of contention after half a dozen games in qualification means nothing to play for or in some cases nothing to turn up for.

If Clarke is good enough he has the players to make a go of this, hopefully he will.

Ā 

Because they're in our group. I wouldn't be mentioning them, or want them to be mentioned, if they weren't.Ā 

You know what they say, "KeepĀ your friends close, and your enemies closer"

AYE,but i could really do without this f...ing roverboy hijacking a Scotland forum,and have us talking about english players.No matter which of those arseholes are playing,it is up to us to produce a performance that they won't forget.CMON SCOTLAND.

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Agree and I think the nations league has helped us too. We have had more competitive games over the last couple of years than not far of the previous 20.

Not making major finals and being out of contention after half a dozen games in qualification means nothing to play for or in some cases nothing to turn up for.

If Clarke is good enough he has the players to make a go of this, hopefully he will.

Ā 

I've been really impressed with Clarke's selection. It was my one doubt over him. But he clearly has looked at Palmer and Considine, knowing neither will be involved for much longer, and realised Patterson, Gilmour and Turnbull will benefit far more from a camp like this, and set Scotland up for years to come.

By the next set of qualifiers there will be some players with at least 5 more caps under their belt. But not only that, they'll have created a group dynamic that will make them want to turn up for more games.Ā 

25 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Great post, got a positivity surge just reading it!

50 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Good post.

Yep. I suspect that it's blind optimism. Stones needs a strong center back playing next to him, that's why he looks so good nextĀ to Ruben Dias.

England can definitely be gotten at. A fired up Dykes and a roaring McTominay and McGinn. A win is possibleĀ Ā 

37 minutes ago, thesaint said:

AYE,but i could really do without this f...ing roverboy hijacking a Scotland forum,and have us talking about english players.No matter which of those arseholes are playing,it is up to us to produce a performance that they won't forget.CMON SCOTLAND.

Nah.

I don't mind at all.

England are in our group, so it's still related to Scotland. I'd equally be interested in hearing about the Croatian and Czech players.

10 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Nah.

I don't mind at all.

England are in our group, so it's still related to Scotland. I'd equally be interested in hearing about the Croatian and Czech players.

Considering you are roverboy itā€™s no surprise you donā€™t mind at all.Ā 

14 minutes ago, Kiltedsteamer147 said:

Considering you are roverboy itā€™s no surprise you donā€™t mind at all.Ā 

Aye, alright then.

That was your first post in 6 years?

Nice. A paranoid post that's rooted in fantasy.

Well played.

Edited by Taylor1996

6 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Aye, alright then.

That was your first post in 6 years?

Nice. A paranoid post that's rooted in fantasy.

Well played.

How many times are you going to edit this post?

Do ye think we button up the back Chripper?Ā 

You have genuinely been having a conversation with yourself on here. Psycho behaviour.Ā 

Just now, Kiltedsteamer147 said:

How many times are you going to edit this post?

Do ye think we button up the back Chripper?Ā 

You have genuinely been having a conversation with yourself on here. Psycho behaviour.Ā 

And your evidence Is where?

I'm waiting.

6 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Youā€™re wanting Billy Gilmour (and Gauld)Ā to start, no?

Yes

But it would be a different case if he (they) was a defender. Which is why I'd give Hanley the nod over Hendry.

If Maguire is out, which is looking likely, they are in trouble.

Edited by Taylor1996

1 minute ago, Shaundy said:

Not hearing any negative reports for the EPL players today with regards to injury and rather positive with regards to performance. Smiley face.Ā 

Just got the European finals to get through now.

I donā€™t think Gilmour will play too many minutes in the CL final but I would imagine McTominay will be back for the Europa League.Ā