Euro 2020: Injury list - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020: Injury list

Taylor1996

7 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

I always have the feeling our fitness and medical facilities are not the best for our players.

we tend to play players that are not fit and maybe getting limited club games 

a lot of our players outwith the top ones generally have low fitness levels and a lot of the English clubs don’t trust us to look after their players .

Which players do we play who aren't fit? 

Which English clubs don't trust us to look out for the players? 

Which of our players would you have low fitness levels?

Sorry for the barage of questions but this is all news to me.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, roverboy said:

Well he mentioned England.  I was just adding my opinion.  You should welcome outside opinion as we do on bigsoccer

Thanks for your input. My point was that Scotland seem to suffer disproportionately. Maguire and Grealish are doubts not definitely out like Jack McLean and McB. Barnes is out but he may not have made the squad anyway. And England's big hitters are in the FA Cup and Champions league finals.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Steve Bruce is always moaning.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

We push the likes of tierney and fraser as we have little options 

the likes of Newcastle and arsenal don’t trust us at all.

I don’t think it’s the players fault but we never see our players at a St. George’s park type place getting fully put through paces   I always get the feeling our training regimes have not changed much since the 70s with the likes of John carver involved .

a lot of our players not always club regulars and they always look they are struggling later in games.

Put all that together probably contributes to the high amount of injuries , withdrawals and higher turn over of players than other home nations.

3 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

We push the likes of tierney and fraser as we have little options 

the likes of Newcastle and arsenal don’t trust us at all.

I don’t think it’s the players fault but we never see our players at a St. George’s park type place getting fully put through paces   I always get the feeling our training regimes have not changed much since the 70s with the likes of John carver involved .

a lot of our players not always club regulars and they always look they are struggling later in games.

Put all that together probably contributes to the high amount of injuries , withdrawals and higher turn over of players than other home nations.

We don;t push any of those players without the clubs blessing, Tierney was playing regular for arsenal but we didn;t call him up because they wanted him to heal and ease him in properly. 

Do we have any evidence of Arsenal or Newcaslte not trusting us? Steve Bruce moaning is not evidence they don;t trust us

56 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Thanks for your input. My point was that Scotland seem to suffer disproportionately. Maguire and Grealish are doubts not definitely out like Jack McLean and McB. Barnes is out but he may not have made the squad anyway. And England's big hitters are in the FA Cup and Champions league finals.

Thanks.  I agree but in tge past we have always suffered injuries to key players.  Beckham in 2002. Rooney 2006. Gerrard 2004. Maybe English players take better care of themselves than Scottish ones. I don't know 

11 minutes ago, roverboy said:

Thanks.  I agree but in tge past we have always suffered injuries to key players.  Beckham in 2002. Rooney 2006. Gerrard 2004. Maybe English players take better care of themselves than Scottish ones. I don't know 

They have much better facilities at a national level to look after their players than we do as i suggested , whilst I suspect we are still jumping over cones and hoops I suspect.

3 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

They have much better facilities at a national level to look after their players than we do as i suggested , whilst I suspect we are still jumping over cones and hoops I suspect.

You've literally nothing to base this on and our national coaching staff (Clarke, Carver, Reid) would draw on the English top leagues for almost all of their experience (coaching and playing)

Scott McTominay will face a fitness test to play against Wolves. So he'll probably be fit the Europa league final. So that's good news. All being well he'll be raring to go for the Euros.

Che Adams will be missing against West Ham as Hasenhuttl doesnt want to risk him: "Cannot play as he has a small groin injury, so he will also definitely be out. We won't take the risk as we know he has the Euro coming up, which for him is a big tournament."

Edited by Taylor1996

6 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Not convinced by Maguire, might not be that much of a loss.

Oh. He's no Butcher or Adams or a Terry, but he's miles better than Mings, etc. If Maguire drops out then they might revert to a back three.

His loss has gotten Manchester United fans in a panic, as it went from being uber confidence about willing the Europa final to very unsure.

Reports are saying that Jordan Henderson will be available. He hasn't played since February. There's no chance he'll be ready, even if he is in the squad. Just shows how short England are in the middle of midfield, though, as well as defence.

Edited by Taylor1996

37 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Oh. He's no Butcher or Adams or a Terry, but he's miles better than Mings, etc. If Maguire drops out then they might revert to a back three.

His loss has gotten Manchester United fans in a panic, as it went from being uber confidence about willing the Europa final to very unsure.

Reports are saying that Jordan Henderson will be available. He hasn't played since February. There's no chance he'll be ready, even if he is in the squad. Just shows how short England are in the middle of midfield, though, as well as defence.

That ain't true. We have the likes of Ben White, who has been brilliant for Brighton who could come in. Konsa has been excellent for villa.  Tomori has been very good for Milan.  Coady is wolves captain.  Keane has helped Everton push for Europe.  In midfield we have Bellingham. Hes a super prospect.  James Ward-Prowse has been Southampton player of the year.  Phillips has adapted well for Leeds. Declan Rice.  We have alot more options than you think. The only reason why hes rushing Henderson back is because hes got great experience and he's a very good player 

21 minutes ago, roverboy said:

That ain't true. We have the likes of Ben White, who has been brilliant for Brighton who could come in. Konsa has been excellent for villa.  Tomori has been very good for Milan.  Coady is wolves captain.  Keane has helped Everton push for Europe.  In midfield we have Bellingham. Hes a super prospect.  James Ward-Prowse has been Southampton player of the year.  Phillips has adapted well for Leeds. Declan Rice.  We have alot more options than you think. The only reason why hes rushing Henderson back is because hes got great experience and he's a very good player 

France will be shitting themselves!

2 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

France will be shitting themselves!

Why have France been brought into this. I was talking about England.  If u want overrated try Portugal.  Dias is world class but their only other two defensive options are a 37 year old and a 38 year old. No pace. Anyway as for France, their defensive options aren't as good as u think. Kimpembe is a bomb scare of a defender.  Lenglet has been poor this season.  Kounde is untested at international level.  In midfield rabiot doesn't play regularly.  Toliso can't get in the bayern midfield.  Kante has had injury problems.  Pogba is even getting outshone by mctominay.  

7 minutes ago, roverboy said:

Why have France been brought into this. I was talking about England.  If u want overrated try Portugal.  Dias is world class but their only other two defensive options are a 37 year old and a 38 year old. No pace. Anyway as for France, their defensive options aren't as good as u think. Kimpembe is a bomb scare of a defender.  Lenglet has been poor this season.  Kounde is untested at international level.  In midfield rabiot doesn't play regularly.  Toliso can't get in the bayern midfield.  Kante has had injury problems.  Pogba is even getting outshone by mctominay.  

The question is why are england being brought onto our site.?Couldn't give a shit what their injury problems are.This is a Scotland forum...KEEP IT THAT WAY.

I'll be delighted to get a draw against England. I'd be more worried about us dropping points to Czechia or Croatia; it's like when we beat Serbia I feared we'd come unstuck against Israel and Slovakia. If fact, I think England have a realistic chance of the trophy; nobody else has their strength in depth.

3 minutes ago, roverboy said:

The point is that England see themselves as one of the favourites but with very little evidence in terms of squad depth and recent performances/results against the true heavyweights. Anyway, back to the point here. It will clearly be a hard game for Scotland against England but I feel we can cause your defence problems as it is a relative weak point of the team - and weaker if Maguire is out. Our midfield is strong and I’m confident will cause your defence some serious problems. We will need some luck as England will have more of the ball and create more chances, but Steve Clarke seems to be no stranger to luck at the big moments! Bring it on!

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I'll be delighted to get a draw against England. I'd be more worried about us dropping points to Czechia or Croatia; it's like when we beat Serbia I feared we'd come unstuck against Israel and Slovakia. If fact, I think England have a realistic chance of the trophy; nobody else has their strength in depth.

You realise all three teams in our group are better than us and we will find it difficult not to drop points against all of them? Home advantage must count for something right enough so hopefully that will give us the edge we need to get 4 points.

A draw in all games would actually be half decent and would give us a slim chance of getting into the next round although I do think we’ll probably need to beat the Czechs to progress as they appear to be our best chance of a victory. Croatia are not as good as they were when they got the the World Cup final 3 years ago but they are still a good team. 

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You realise all three teams in our group are better than us and we will find it difficult not to drop points against all of them? Home advantage must count for something right enough so hopefully that will give us the edge we need to get 4 points.

A draw in all games would actually be half decent and would give us a slim chance of getting into the next round although I do think we’ll probably need to beat the Czechs to progress as they appear to be our best chance of a victory. Croatia are not as good as they were when they got the the World Cup final 3 years ago but they are still a good team. 

One win could get us second place. Could easily go into the last game with no points needing to beat Croatia and hoping England beat the Czechs. Think we've been there before. 

24 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I won't, I'll be hacked off. It's England we should never be delighted with anything but a win 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I won't, I'll be hacked off. It's England we should never be delighted with anything but a win 

Normally I would agree but if we beat the Czechs a draw against England would almost guarantee us a place in the second round.

It also depends on how the match goes as well. If we are 2-0 down at half time I would be ecstatic with a draw. 

Let’s just go down there and pump them 0-3 though. That would do nicely.