Euro 2020: Injury list - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020: Injury list

Taylor1996

8 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

"Inside forwards" is another one.

Definitely. Fraser is another.. You'll notice that when Fraser and Forrest had both of their best games for Scotland they played as inside forwards, flanking... can't remember who.

I'd say Rashford and Greenwood are the same. Not wingers, but definitely not strikers.

Steven Fletcher, who incidentally played better with those two around. 

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Considering they are not 'strikers' they do a hell of a lot of striking.

You are getting involved in an argument that a grown man is having with himself. 

He also doesn’t appear to know that striker and centre forward are not necessarily the same thing. 

1 minute ago, McTeeko said:

Steven Fletcher, who incidentally played better with those two around. 

That's the one. Thank you.

Funny how you only appreciate a player when he's gone, isn't it? Fletcher's link up play and hold up player was top drawer.  

He'd be perfect for the current style.

Wish we still had him.

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

That's the one. Thank you.

Funny how you only appreciate a player when he's gone, isn't it? Fletcher's link up play and hold up player was top drawer.  

He'd be perfect for the current style.

Wish we still had him.

Always rated Fletcher.

The England players who worry me most are Kane & Foden. As far as their strength in depth with strikers is concerned, I think Ings is a great player, would walk into our team.

8 hours ago, roverboy said:

So grealish foden sancho kane dcl sterling Greenwood rashford saka aren't anything to be afraid of? Everyone of those players would not only walk into ur side but be ur star player. Anyway I'm done on here till we play u then I'm fucking off permanently.  I hope we give u cunts a good hammering (This isn't aimed at u personally taylor)

Why hang about.F..k off right now.You certainly wont be missed.

46 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Always rated Fletcher.

The England players who worry me most are Kane & Foden. As far as their strength in depth with strikers is concerned, I think Ings is a great player, would walk into our team.

On technical ability, he's the best striker we've had since the early 90s. Best in my living memory.

He's one of half a dozen of strikers that suffered from the lone striker system (Miller, Boyd, Naismith, Martin, Fletcher)

Kane is a stand out and Foden could turn into something special. 

Agreed on Ings. There's speculation linking him to Manchester United. 

7 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

We were promoted to league B though. If we had been promoted to League A last year (which we were very close to achieving) would we be the same level as France and Belgium?

Fair point about the Czechs not being at full strength though. I doubt we’d have beaten them that night if they had their first team out although we’ll never know. 

Just checked the FIFA rankings - the Czechs are ranked 40th in the world and we're ranked 44th - so not a great deal of difference there.

I doubt we'd have beaten a full-strength Czech team away from home - we were a bit lucky to beat them at Hampden - but we'll obviously never know for certain.

4 hours ago, Kiltedsteamer147 said:

He’s not a genuine England supporter. 

It’s 100% Chripper/Dark Knight/Dohadeer. 

I doubt any England fans would be sad enough to come on here and act the way ‘roverboy’ has been acting. 

We used to have a few England fans who posted on here (or English posters anyway), although they were mostly quite decent guys.  They wouldn't have come on boasting about their own team and making comments like "I hope we give u cunts a good hammering".

27 minutes ago, scotlad said:

They wouldn't have come on boasting about their own team and making comments like "I hope we give u cunts a good hammering".

After being stalked and harassed in pretty much every single post he posted?

A guy was on about a year ago (Scotland fan) who threatened to rip a TAMBers face off, as he was so sick of being accused of being someone else.

The TAMB is pretty much the main Scotland football forum. There is 7.6 billion people in the world. Accusing every single newbie on being x, is insane. 

These people are driving newbies away from the site. Is that their agenda? Undoubtedly. 

14 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

A guy was on about a year ago (Scotland fan) who threatened to rip a TAMBers face off, as he was so sick of being accused of being someone else.

The TAMB is pretty much the main Scotland football forum. There is 7.6 billion people in the world. Accusing every single newbie on being x, is insane. 

These people are driving newbies away from the site. Is that their agenda? Undoubtedly. 

🤣🤣🤣 

Relentless 🤣

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

Personally, I don't really care what people call me. Have at it.

People should care about genuine new posters, though.

Some people want to keep this site a finite playground.

Absolutely correct, that's exactly what everyone wants 🙄

55 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Just checked the FIFA rankings - the Czechs are ranked 40th in the world and we're ranked 44th - so not a great deal of difference there.

I doubt we'd have beaten a full-strength Czech team away from home - we were a bit lucky to beat them at Hampden - but we'll obviously never know for certain.

We used to have a few England fans who posted on here (or English posters anyway), although they were mostly quite decent guys.  They wouldn't have come on boasting about their own team and making comments like "I hope we give u cunts a good hammering".

I’m sure the Czechs were ranked a good bit higher when we played them. Losing twice to us wouldn’t have done their ranking much good!

Anyway you did say we hadn’t beaten anyone ranked higher than us away from home in a meaningful game since 2007. I didn’t realise you meant ranked significantly higher. It just shows you how difficult it is to win an away game in international football, even against teams on our level.

Technically the Croatians are the home team next month. Will that count if we beat them? 😂

28 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

If you’re an England supporter and don’t want stick DO NOT come on to a Scotland supporter’s forum and treat it like an England site. I’m not convinced he was genuine anyway and his last post proves that he wasn’t exactly civil.

Why don’t you make up one of your profiles on Follow Follow and pretend to be a Celtic fan and see how you get on? 

Genuine new posters are welcome on here as far as I can see. 

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

So, harassing and stalking random people is what, hazing?

I mean, a guy threatened to rip your face off a while back. Not that I'd condone it, but is it justified? Ooooooohhhhh yes.

Someone did threaten, you were using your previously banned username for it.

You think threaten to harm another person is justified because I suspected he was someone else? That says alot about you.

Just now, Texas Pete said:

If you’re an England supporter and don’t want stick DO NOT come on to a Scotland supporter’s forum and treat it like an England site. I’m not convinced he was genuine anyway and his last post proves that he wasn’t exactly civil.

Why don’t you make up one of your profiles on Follow Follow and pretend to be a Celtic fan and see how you get on? 

Genuine new posters are welcome on here as far as I can see. 

I have no idea what follow follow is.

Guessing it's a Celtic site? Yeah. I don't support celtic, mate. More paranoia is showing 

As far as I can see, two newbies have blown a gasket and got banned as a result of being harassed.

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

I have no idea what follow follow is.

Guessing it's a Celtic site? Yeah. I don't support celtic, mate. More paranoia is showing 

As far as I can see, two newbies have blown a gasket and got banned as a result of being harassed.

A former rangers fan doesn't know what follow follow is yet you are familiar with othr fan sites aye right 🤣Stop lying you child

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Proof of what?

Of anything.

You said that I am the guy who threatened you with violence. No evidence. 

If you think I would threaten violence on anyone on here, you really haven't being paying attention.

But as you were.