UEFA Group F - March 2021 predictions - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

UEFA Group F - March 2021 predictions

PASTA Mick

UEFA Group F - March 2021 predictions  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How many points we will have after the matches against Austria (H), Israel (A) and Faroe Islands (H)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/28/2021 at 06:45 PM

What are you all thinking?

• 25 March 2021
    • Israel v Denmark
    • Moldova v Faroe Islands
    • Scotland v Austria 
  • 28 March 2021
    • Denmark v Moldova
    • Austria v Faroe Islands
    • Israel v Scotland
  • 31 March 2021
    • Austria v Denmark
    • Moldovia v Israel
    • Scotland v Faroe Islands

My predictions

• 25 March 2021
    • Israel v Denmark - Draw
    • Moldova v Faroe Islands - Draw
    • Scotland v Austria - Draw
  • 28 March 2021
    • Denmark v Moldova -Denmark win
    • Austria v Faroe Islands - Austria win
    • Israel v Scotland - Draw
  • 31 March 2021
    • Austria v Denmark - Draw
    • Moldovia v Israel - Israel win
    • Scotland v Faroe Islands - Scotland win

Guest Scot1

I wish the ties were the other way around, Faroes first. It would give us the opportunity to adjust the team and introduce a few new faces into the 1st team. Because it’s my belief  that I’ve we don’t reconfigure the team and bring in some new players, we won’t get off to the start that’s needed to qualify. We’ve struggled against Israel, we’ve beat them, they’ve beat us, draws. But the games are tight, and could go either way. I’d imagine that both Austria and Denmark are better teams than Israel. If Clarke sticks with the same players in the 1st team, in the same positions as he’s done recently, then I think we’ll struggle to get 4 or 5 points, which isn’t enough, in my opinion we need at least 7 from these 3 games. 
He needs to move McTominay into midfield, move McGinn back, put Hendry (or Hanley) in right-centreback. And probably drop Robertson and put in Cooper, push Tierney to Left-wingback. Drop SOD for Rooney. These changes are needed against Austria and Israel. For the Faroes we can bring in fringe players and other new faces, Turnbull, Paterson, Gilmour

Edited by Scot1

My updated predictions

• 25 March 2021
    • Scotland v Austria - Draw Scotland win
  • 28 March 2021
    • Israel v Scotland - Draw
  • 31 March 2021

In light of the recent news with Austria's squad, I want to change my response to three wins.  We should be in a better state to play Israel and I am predicting we win there, in the last two years I believe we have seen the best they can play, but they have haven't seen the best we can play.   

Austria, 1-0 win (as long as we treat this game with respect and do not look to much into the weakened Austrian side).

Israel, 1-1... two sides that know each other like the back of their hands these days, but as long as we can keep Solomon at bey, we might finally get something out there.

Faroes, 2-0 (I think Clarke might go into this game a bit more relaxed depending on how the other two games went and use the chance to try out players who are just on the fringes of the Euros squad).

The Austria news is obviously a huge boost for us, but then again we really struggled to beat a Czechia C team under similar circumstances. Although in a way, its almost an even trade off : we get a home game that would have been rammed probably (having just qualified for a tournament) or we get a weakened team in our empty stadium.

I'm a bit worried about upfront, TBH, and none of our main men are in form at all. If Dykes turned out to be a David Healy type player e.g an absolute hero for his country and mediocre for his clubs, then I'll be happy with that ; but have no idea who we put up front at all going on form!

Austria 2-1 win. We'll concede at some point, and it'll be very a tough game. We'll hopefully get ourselves over the line and we really should be aiming for three points considering the number of players who will be missing. If we stink the place out but win, I'll be happy TBH, to just get off to a start.

Israel - we really struggle here and you could argue against them. I'd happily take a draw, but fear we'll end up losing 2-0 or so.

Faroes - ever-improving and they will be a hard opponent. We'll hopefully manage to win 3-0 and it'll be a decent week, but could have been better.

20 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

My updated predictions

• 25 March 2021
    • Scotland v Austria - Draw Scotland win
  • 28 March 2021
  • 31 March 2021

Hopefully the Austria game swings in our favour with the amount of players they potentially have missing. 

Scotland v Austria - home win 

Israel v Scotland - draw 

Scotland v Faroe Islands - home win 

Would be handy / ideal if Denmark drop points away to Israel + Austria 

2 hours ago, broraboy said:

Would be handy / ideal if Denmark drop points away to Israel + Austria 

The more draws in a group between the other teams the better.

If we could pick up 7 points (which isn't unrealistic considering the Austria situation) then we could be in a great position.

Denmark have 2 really tough away matches.  We will know just how good they are after we see how many points they get.

If we do beat Austria, they'll need to get something against Denmark or they are already playing catch-up.

If my predictions are correct (and they certainly won't be) it would be -

1. 7pts - Scotland
  2. 5pts - Denmark
  3. 5pts - Israel
  4. 4pts - Austria

September fixtures 1

• Denmark v Scotland
  • Faroe Islands v Israel
  • Moldova v Austria

You'd expect Denmark, Israel and Austria all to win.

September fixtures 2

• Faroe Islands v Denmark
  • Israel v Austria
  • Scotland v Moldova

I'd expect Denmark and Scotland to win.  No idea about Israel / Austria.  

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at my initial predictions - 

• 25 March 2021
    • Scotland v Austria - Draw
  • 28 March 2021
  • 31 March 2021

We really do need to win on Sunday.  

I reckon whoever takes maximum points in Moldova, Israel and the Faroes will win the group. Denmark have done it, so its over to us. 

A draw is not the end of the world considering we've got the Danes twice and we'll see what Austria-Denmark do on Wednesday; but we really could do with a win! 

It'll be a tough game and they've shown in our past encounters, that there's nothing between us. To state the obvious, if you want to go to the World Cup then you need to beat teams like Israel away!

On 3/15/2021 at 4:47 PM, Duncan Blackheart said:

Will Israel have a crowd, what with their vaccine roll-out success?

I hope Patterson is in the squad and think Nisbet might sneak in over Shankland. Griffiths will probably find a way in as an option for the last ten when it becomes patently obvious that my target of 9 points is hopelessly unrealistic.

Yes had 5k in for Denmark game last night.

Did Austria have loads missing last night or were the travel restrictions lifted given likes of Dragovic and Alaba from Bundesliga still featured?