Slovakia v Scotland - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Slovakia v Scotland

Burj_Alba

5 minutes ago, BraveheartGordon said:

I think we’ll go for an almost complete rotation to use the squad and go back to a similar team to Thursday for Israel.

Gordon

O’Donnell Palmer McKenna Cooper Taylor

Fleck McLean

Armstrong

McBurnie Griffiths

could also see Considine come in as well as Burke or Shankland.

There’s a wee flaw in your line up. One of the guys you’ve picked isn’t the squad. 

2 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

There is no way SC will make wholesale changes, 2/3 that will be it Id say, its a game we need to win and he knows that. McBurnie for Dykes for defo.

Not sure about that. Clarke has already stated he’ll make changes. I expect at least 5.

Not saying you’re wrong but I would be surprised if there aren’t at least 5. 

Let's keep this unbeaten run going as long as we can ! Get it into double digits.

We still need to significantly improve upon our standing in the FIFA rankings, something which Steve Clarke has mentioned several times.

These games against Slovakia and Israel aren't daft friendly kickabouts. We should be going all to win both these games and do ourselves a favour.

6 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Just to add to what Craig has already said we need 2 points from our last 2 games to guarantee winning the group and promotion to league A but we will likely need at least 4 points to stand a chance of a World Cup playoff. 6 points would be better. 

Why does it matter how many points we get in this group in relation to getting a world cup play off? I thought it was for the highest ranked nations league group winners, so why would our group points matter? Obviously winning these 2 matches will boost our ranking but there's plenty of football to be played between now and the end of the actual world cup group qualifiers. 

I get the impression I must be missing something 🤔

2 hours ago, dezmondo said:

Why does it matter how many points we get in this group in relation to getting a world cup play off? I thought it was for the highest ranked nations league group winners, so why would our group points matter? Obviously winning these 2 matches will boost our ranking but there's plenty of football to be played between now and the end of the actual world cup group qualifiers. 

2 hours ago, dezmondo said:

You are indeed missing something. Don’t want to sound like a knob but give this a read and come back if you still have questions:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Second_Round

5 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

You are indeed missing something. Don’t want to sound like a knob but give this a read and come back if you still have questions:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Second_Round

Based on the current Nations League standings in the A League, the only one you’d probably want to change would be Italy to overhaul Poland.

Belgium, France and Germany you’d all expect to qualify automatically, so they can stay the same please.

8 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Anyone else not even slightly bothered about this today? I know its important but I'm really not fussed about it at all now. 

I’m certainly bothered about it, but I’ve got a horrible feeling we’ll get cuffed today. So often happens to teams after they’ve had a massive result like Thursday.

Jersey Jim pointed out to me that Slovakia had the same massive result as we had, to which i responded, aye, but ah bet their lads didnae bevvy like oors. 

40 minutes ago, Marky said:

Based on the current Nations League standings in the A League, the only one you’d probably want to change would be Italy to overhaul Poland.

Belgium, France and Germany you’d all expect to qualify automatically, so they can stay the same please.

If the Nations League A group winners come 2nd in their WC group, they get a playoff spot through that route. So that makes it more likely that the NL playoff spots will come down to the best NL League B group winners. That helps our chances as well. The League A group winners will only need to use their NL playoff route if they come 3rd or below in their WC qualifying group.