Serbia v Scotland - Match thread - Page 17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serbia v Scotland - Match thread

vanderark14

23 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes McTeeko I hope you feel better now. You laid your dad to rest this morning but a perfect pick-me-up tonight for you.

❤️

A 0-3 result might have been a bit less stressful, but would he have wanted it any other way ? Probably not. 

10 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh was a real shame those guys never made it. 

Look at the Squads since 1998 all capable but that Scottish bad luck rubbed off on us. Tonight was special we were getting ever stray ball or dodgy bounce on that soaking pitch majority of the game . Was meant to be .

Edited by Mcfaddens40yarder

5 minutes ago, Mcfaddens40yarder said:

Look at the Squads since 1998 all capable but that Scottish bad luck rubbed off on us. Tonight was special we were getting ever stray ball or dodgy bounce on that soaking pitch majority of the game . Was meant to be .

We had relatively poor squads and still do Tbf. Clarke has moulded us I to a decent side and he has a few genuine talents to pick from. 

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes McTeeko I hope you feel better now. You laid your dad to rest this morning but a perfect pick-me-up tonight for you.

2 hours ago, OLAS said:

Sorry to hijack, CC...  I read that thread and respect, McTeeko - but I think your auld man worked his wonders tonight. 

Cheers lads (and you DD), the day certainly ended in tears of happiness! 

Some day like! ❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

23 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

What on earth were the Serbian players complaining to the referee about when the shoot-out finished ? ^?^

I think they were just responding to Marshall's doubt about whether it was a legitimate save and figured there must have been something wrong with it.

He'd been told be the ref not to celebrate until it was fully confirmed by the assistant, I thought it was brilliant seeing it on replay where he looked like he had to check with somebody that what had just happened was actually real.. I think we all did.

No doubt his foot was on the line and it was a fair call.

Just now, COLT NY said:

I think they were just responding to Marshall's doubt about whether it was a legitimate save and figured there must have been something wrong with it.

He'd been told by the ref not to celebrate until it was fully confirmed by the assistant, I thought it was brilliant seeing it on replay where he looked like he had to check with somebody that what had just happened was actually real.. I think we all did.

11 minutes ago, COLT NY said:

He'd been told be the ref not to celebrate until it was fully confirmed by the assistant, I thought it was brilliant seeing it on replay where he looked like he had to check with somebody that what had just happened was actually real.. I think we all did.

Its harsh on keepers because a penalty kick is already heavily weighted in the takers favour. 

5 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Its harsh on keepers because a penalty kick is already heavily weighted in the takers favour. 

Yeah, of all the things for FIFA to crack down on in the game it seems they've concentrated on whether goalkeepers take a slight step off their line at a penalty they're unlikely to save anyway, innocuous hand balls in the box and minute offsides that you can only decipher after looking at VAR for a minute or two.

I'd have rather they concentrated on stopping playacting.

Edited by COLT NY

7 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Okay confession time. I didn't watch the match, didn't listen to the match. Last game I didn't even find out the result til the Saturday.  Its not that you don't care, its just that you don't want to knock years off your life and then get disappointed, been so close a few times only to end in heartbreak.  I'm still waiting for the result to sink in, it has been so long, overlong but well done Steve Clarke even with your dodgy subs and well done all those who stepped up to the plate. Thank you Scotland.

Just imagine if you relented and decided to turn on the game in the 88th minute 😧

6 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Would two draws be enough for top spot?

Ultimately going to be 5-6 changes as many of them played 120 minutes, are mentally drained and less than 70 hours to prepare for Slovakia (although they had extra time aswell tonight). Especially with the ridiculous scheduling so far this season.

I assume the team aren't coming back to Glasgow and will stay in europe?

Two draws would be enough to win our group and gain promotion to league A but we would be very unlikely to get a World Cup 2022 playoff place. In order to give ourselves the best chance of a playoff we would need to win our last 2 games I think although 4 points could also be enough. 

If Israel and the Czechs draw on Sunday then the group is ours even if we lose our last two games. 

Can we play you, can we play you, can we play you can we play you wae penalties every week, can we play you on penalties - every week 

It doesn't really rhyme.     Let's wear them down and pummel them on penalties.   

Edited by OLAS

7 hours ago, OLAS said:

Ha, confident?  How does it feel?    We were outstanding for the first 15 minutes tonight, second - not so much.  

But it's there and perhaps the manager is ingraining this into the players he has.     It's a positive time for Scotland.  

Hope yer family are doing well mate.   

Everything good here mate. Been a few job changes in the past years, many forced on me😊. Now have an 8 year old granddaughter. Both my kids are doing fine. Hope all is well with you?