Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 65 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

9 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

He should drop guys like McLean, Paterson etc for the likes of Gauld, Turnbull etc - but I don’t think you’re wrong when you say that it’s likely he won’t. 

I don't mind McLean. He will be on a high with Norwich, playing regularly for a team likely to get promoted but I would be quite happy if turnbull was called up too.

Can't comment on Gauld but he's 25 now and only just started playing regularly. I'm not fussed if he is there or not

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not convinced he will be in the squad, he is playing well and one of the few positives in a poor celtic side but I am not convinced Clarke would drop mclean for him

I would argue that that makes his form even more impressive. Looking good in an invincible Celtic team, winning every game, is not hard (I'm looking at you, Callum McGregor) but Turnbull is practically carrying the worst Celtic side in a decade through games. His individual pieces of brilliance are remarkable.

Without checking, I'm sure he's scored 7 goals and 6 assists since December, plus creating dozens of clear cut chances. He has the best set piece delivery in the entire squad as well. I'd be shocked if he isn't at the Euros.

1 hour ago, Burj_Alba said:

Pity Nathan Patterson decided to be an idiot and get himself suspended. Just when Tavernier will be out for a while. Big opportunity missed. 

Absolutely. I have high hopes for Patterson and think he has the potential of being a good Scotland right back for years and he would have replaced Tavernier last night if he hadn’t been so utterly stupid. Tavernier looks to have damaged his medial knee ligaments and could be missing for quite a few games. Instead of getting invaluable game time in big European games and winning the league with Rangers, Patterson will be lucky to play for the club again 🤦🏻‍♂️

28 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I would be delighted if Sheffield Utd would give Burke a try out at RWB. It might not work, or it could be a masterstroke. 

Good shout,etc them try it, if it fails then it's not on our watch. I don't think he has the defensive in intelligence but you never know. When he broke into the Forrest team many years ago I thought great but sadly his career never went anywhere but he can't complain he isn't hurting for money. 

Whilst I dont think you can write off Patersons career, he has severely dented his chances of progression.

Many young careers are launched by being in the right place at the right time. Patersons chance was last night and over the next 2 months. He could have used that opportunity to show Rangers that he is ready to be 1st choice and allowed them to move Taviner on.

Instead he wont play again this season due to the ban he will get so at very best he will start next season as backup right back and there will correctly be questions about his professionalism.

5 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Another cracking goal for Fiorini tonight. This lad has been sensational. A Man City loaned at NAC Breda. Would be good to get him nailed down. 

I'd go along with that.

The more creative midfielders we have, the better. I would call him up for the next batch of fixtures.

Cooper could've scored a hat trick tonight.

36 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Another cracking goal for Fiorini tonight. This lad has been sensational. A Man City loaned at NAC Breda. Would be good to get him nailed down. 

Tbf it is the second tier of Dutch football. Still nice to see him doing well. What countries is he eligible for? 

13 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

What’s this lads connection anyone - grandparents, father/mother? I’m always curious to find this out first.

45 minutes ago, JECK said:

What’s this lads connection anyone - grandparents, father/mother? I’m always curious to find this out first.

Grandmother he never met.

Represented England u15s then switched to Scotland and has been with us up to u21 level.

Born and raised in England

Can he still change his mind like rice from West ham did recently?

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Grandmother he never met.

Represented England u15s then switched to Scotland and has been with us up to u21 level.

Born and raised in England

Can he still change his mind like rice from West ham did recently?

He can switch to England. If he plays for England in an under 21s game he wont be able to switch back to Scotland. 

You're only allowed to switch once once you get to under 19 level as far as I'm aware.