Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 32 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

Think for us mcginn is better playing higher up the pitch. We are seriously lacking goals, dykes as good at he is at holding ball up, lay offs etc,  he is a poor goalscorer so we are relying on goals from elsewhere. Out of the midfielders mcginn and Christie  are the ones i would fancy for a goal.

Well it’s all about opinions. I personally think that in the last season McGinn is maturing, becoming more experienced, he’s less liable to give the ball away cheaply now. I’m sure that will continue as he plays more top level games for Aston Villa in a holding role. They obviously trust him there and his recent performances have been good there. 
As far as his goal scoring and Scotland’s goal scoring in general. Anyone who has watched the recent matches will surely have seen that McGinns decision making has been poor at times, shooting from acute angles instead of playing a simple short ball across the box to the unmarked player on the penalty spot with the whole goal gaping. Christie too has been quite ball greedy making poor decisions when good opportunities have appeared. It’s fine using Dykes as a foil some of the time, but doing it all of the time is poor. Dykes puts in a lot of work/effort for the team, it’s only right that some of our attacking midfielders provide for him at the right times.

Edited by Scot1

2 hours ago, todd said:

Seems a bizarre thing to say but does anyone else think Tierney is far too good for Arsenal?

Didn’t see game but have thought this for a while since he came back from the shoulder injury. On paper it was a fantastic move and he has been performing great however it’s now clearly going majorly tits for them. Its feast or famine for these bigger clubs, in an ideal world it would be great for him to move again but the grass isn’t always greener if you look at some of Man Utds results at this season.  It’s certainly a situation to watch though. 

Watched Newcastle Fulham game. 

4 scottish ( eligible players ) played a part and 3 wouldnt be anywhere our squad. Not often we can say that bout PL players. 

Cairney-looked like could of been a player we needed few years ago..but weird commitment issue but tbh prob wouldn't get in squad even if he wanted to. 

Ritchie-same as above. Except no commitment coz no real desire to play for us. Wouldn't have him in squad even if he wanted to be 

Bryan. Know he played u21 but never been real consideration. Always been bit part for club

Fraser- could(should) be one of big players next summer,, really hope he get some form and plenty game time. Def think wrong move to Newcastle, but thought better than he was. 

18 hours ago, Scot1 said:

Gilmour wants to be too involved to be sitting deep. One of his biggest attributes is his movement, mobility, he’s a dynamo in the middle of the park. If you have him sitting deep, you take that away from him and replace it with the responsibility of having to be disciplined and limit his movement. Let McGinn sit, especially as he gets older. Let Gilmour have the freedom to roam around the midfield and control the game.

Pirlo controlled every game he ever played in from the same deep role Gilmour plays for Chelsea

54 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Thought he played quite well last night hard up against arguably the best team in the league just now but looked a threat

I’m not sure how anyone could argue that Everton are the best team in the league! (Our captain plays for the best team in the league by a country mile - on both current form and overall ability)

But point taken on Tierney

Edited by breeks_mctavish

2 hours ago, bazmidd said:

Thought he played quite well last night hard up against arguably the best team in the league just now but looked a threat

I saw the last 25 minutes of the first half and his work rate was great. Brilliant bit of skill to latch onto the loose ball and spin away from the Sporting players. I think he can create and score goals for us - he has that bit extra quality in the creative sense. Certainly he should be in the next squad and maybe he’ll be playing for a different team by then. 

44 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I saw the last 25 minutes of the first half and his work rate was great. Brilliant bit of skill to latch onto the loose ball and spin away from the Sporting players. I think he can create and score goals for us - he has that bit extra quality in the creative sense. Certainly he should be in the next squad and maybe he’ll be playing for a different team by then. 

Not sure how reliable who scored's formation information is, but they have had him playing up front as part of a 4-4-2 style formation in the last four games. he does cover a lot of the pitch,but that's a big part of a forwards game these days if playing against better opponents.

Who Scored do love him though 4th best player in the league now.

15 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Not sure how reliable who scored's formation information is, but they have had him playing up front as part of a 4-4-2 style formation in the last four games. he does cover a lot of the pitch,but that's a big part of a forwards game these days if playing against better opponents.

Who Scored do love him though 4th best player in the league now.

He was playing number 10 in the middle, quite deep for most of the time. Definitely not as a striker.