Scotland vs Israel - Match Thread [08/10/2020] - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs Israel - Match Thread [08/10/2020]

Clyde1998

4 minutes ago, infamous said:

Serbia match will be a repeat of our match in Moscow. 

Excited and blindly optimistic as the Serbs are prone to choking in big matches but they are a far superior team to ours. 

I don't think many ppl are excited or blindly optimistic.I think we have a very slim chance of beating Serbia but at least its a chance. Serbias squad is stronger but we can pull off an upset. Expectations are very low and rightly so. 

3 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

What I thought but hasn't Dykes scored a few penalties for QPR already? Looking at 11 and wouldn't be confident of even 4 penalties being scored.

McBurnie also scored a few penalties for Swansea but he was s*** so deservedly hooked.

Clarke doesn’t seem to have a clue. Thankfully it worked out in the end in terms of the result. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

We will get humped by Serbia. I'd take a penalty shoot out right now.

If Serbia were that good they wouldn’t be in the playoffs.

If we have a full squad to choose from next month and if someone can convince Steve Clarke to play McTominay in midfield we might just have a chance. 

8 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

What we could do with is getting mikey Johnston and lewis Morgan in the next squads as we are seriously lacking any flair and creativity. 

Christie, tierney, armstrong, mcginn, fraser and even forrest can create chances. 

We only had two of the above avaipable yesterday and one of those wasnt fit. 

Calling up a player who isnt even in the celtic team and another with a handful of appearances for an average MLS side is not the amswer

4 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

That was grim at times.

Great we’ve made it but will need to improve a lot to have a chance against Serbia who created a lot of chances against Norway 

It was a poor match, thats not in doubt but there was improvement. The defence looked better and we looked more solid overall. We were missing key players and those we did have werent all match fit or just back from injury or lengty absence.

Fraser has played hardly any football since march.

Jack was just back from injury

Mckenna was missing

Mctominay has hardly played for man utd

Mcburnie is just back from injury and hasnt played much for sheff utd

Shankland is just back

Israel played much better football than us for most of the game. They just couldn't convert their good play into a goal. Clarke has had two goes at playing Israel at Hampden and failed to beat them twice over 90 minutes. Even McLeish managed to beat Israel. 

Israel are 93rd in the FIFA rankings, Serbia are 31st. Serbia will play us off the park with their far superior technique and fitness. If we manage to sneak a win out of that game, it will be one of the biggest surprises in world football.

Edited by Orraloon

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It was a poor match, thats not in doubt but there was improvement. The defence looked better and we looked more solid overall. We were missing key players and those we did have werent all match fit or just back from injury or lengty absence.

Fraser has played hardly any football since march.

Jack was just back from injury

Mckenna was missing

Mctominay has hardly played for man utd

Mcburnie is just back from injury and hasnt played much for sheff utd

Shankland is just back

I get that but it seems we’ve always got these type of excuses for lack of a better term. As I’ve said elsewhere, we’re just not very good as the last couple of games have shown, missing the odd player won’t change that. We’ve a chance against Serbia but suspect we’ll be well beaten.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Israel played much better football than us for most of the game. They just couldn't convert their good play into a goal. Clarke has had two goes at playing Israel at Hampden and failed to beat them twice over 90 minutes. Even McLeish managed to beat Israel. 

Israel are 93rd in the FIFA rankings, Serbia are 31st. Serbia will play us off the park with their far superior technique and fitness. If we manage to sneak a win out of that game, it will be one of the biggest surprises in world football.

I dont really care how well israel play, theyre out. You can have as much of the ball as you want, if you dont create,you get fuck all. They had only created on chance which they blew

Serbia will be a huge ask of our team BUT i belive this is a team on the up. Confidence is creeping up, talented players in our team looked like shells of the players who play for their clubs but i see that slowl, vwry slowly changing. We have players to come back and players who will take a massive boost from yesterday.

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I get that but it seems we’ve always got these type of excuses for lack of a better term. As I’ve said elsewhere, we’re just not very good as the last couple of games have shown, missing the odd player won’t change that. We’ve a chance against Serbia but suspect we’ll be well beaten.

We werent missing the odd player. We were missing 3 potential creative starters who were fully fit and ready to go. We were missing a regular starting CB. Alot of those drafted in werent match fit.

Has out support really had the confidence beaten out of them so much that weve lost the final before we get there?

On another note, these next two matches are huge, a chance to cement places and a chance for newbies to impress.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

We werent missing the odd player. We were missing 3 potential creative starters who were fully fit and ready to go. We were missing a regular starting CB. Alot of those drafted in werent match fit.

Has out support really had the confidence beaten out of them so much that weve lost the final before we get there?

On another note, these next two matches are huge, a chance to cement places and a chance for newbies to impress.

Just being realistic. 

We’re always missing players, we still look technically deficient compared to Israel and we might have won but it could easily have been a defeat and people wanting Clarke sacked. 

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

Just being realistic. 

We’re always missing players, we still look technically deficient compared to Israel and we might have won but it could easily have been a defeat and people wanting Clarke sacked. 

So what if they looked technically better? They created one chance because our players kept them to long range efforts. We had more clear cut chances.

Teams have gone pretty far in tournaments by containing opposition to the above. 

Realism my arse, its negativity.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

So what if they looked technically better? They created one chance because our players kept them to long range efforts. We had more clear cut chances.

Teams have gone pretty far in tournaments by containing opposition to the above. 

Realism my arse, its negativity.

They have and I’ll be the first to say I was wrong if we beat Serbia and then make a decent showing in the tournament itself.

I don’t think I’m being overly negative admitting we’re just not very good and expect Serbia to beat us comfortably. 

15 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

They have and I’ll be the first to say I was wrong if we beat Serbia and then make a decent showing in the tournament itself.

I don’t think I’m being overly negative admitting we’re just not very good and expect Serbia to beat us comfortably. 

Good job that you are not the manager then with your motivational speeches.  Bring back Ally McLoud.

59 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Fitness? This sounds like bed wetting.