Scotland vs Israel - Match Thread [08/10/2020] - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs Israel - Match Thread [08/10/2020]

Clyde1998

Information

• Thursday 8th October 2020 (19:45)
  • Winners play Norway or Serbia away on Thursday 12th November 2020
  • Extra time if scores are level after 90 minutes; penalties if match level at the end of extra time
  • VAR is in use
  • Match broadcast on Sky Sports Main Event

Scotland

• Starting XI: Marshall, O'Donnell, Robertson, McTominay, Gallagher, Cooper, McGinn, Jack, McGregor, Dykes, McBurnie.
  • Subs: McLauchlin, Paterson, McLean, Porteous, Fleck, Fraser, Taylor, Shankland, McCrorie.

Israel

• Starting XI: Marciano, Dasa, Yeina, Elhamed, Tibi, Golasa, Natcho, Solomon, Bitton, Zahavi, Dabbur.
  • Subs: Harush, Menachem, Dgani, Lavi, Weissman, Seba, Karzev, Arad, Abu Fani, Elmkies, Abu Hanna, Nitzan.
Edited by Clyde1998

3 minutes ago, Kirk said:

not much on the bench

No, there's not; I can see Shankland coming on if we need a goal. Fraser could replace one of the strikers to deepen the formation if we need to. I imagine we'll see one (or both) of Fleck or McLean at some point tonight.

Outwith McGinn and maybe dykes not sure where goals are coming from.

i knew mcburnie would play , as he meets how our selection policy works

Mcburnie says he wants to bring his club form to the national side, would rather he didn’t as he no club form and limited game time 

Edited by DAVIDB46

If this works, and we play brilliant, then fair dues and he deserves credit for having huge balls.

Going from the last two rounds of fixtures, it won't. I really want to be proved wrong, but that 3-5-2 formation is mad.

Clarke is so uninspiring too. You shouldn't judge a coach or his ability by his demeanor, and I know a lot of nice and interesting people who are reserved or dour even ; but I cannot imagine him getting riled up or installing confidence in the lads. He's far too slow and stubborn to make changes as well. This is a cup final and I hope we see a throw of the dice.

Again, I hope I am havering absolute pish and we win 3-1 and play very well!

Not going to predict a score, but I fear we'll be out at 10pm tonight.

9 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Sky Sports saying 352 formation, absolute madness from Clarke.

I imagine they're going on past matches to show were McTominay is playing. It could easily be a narrow 4-4-2 diamond, with McTominay as a defensive midfielder and McGinn as an attacking midfielder. With the players we've got I hope it's the latter, but the defensive looks weak as a back four.

10 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Outwith McGinn and maybe dykes not sure where goals are coming from.

i knew mcburnie would play , as he meets how our selection policy works

Mcburnie says he wants to bring his club form to the national side, would rather he didn’t as he no club form and limited game time 

as long as robertson husnea brought his form wi him

8 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

I imagine they're going on past matches to show were McTominay is playing. It could easily be a narrow 4-4-2 diamond, with McTominay as a defensive midfielder and McGinn as an attacking midfielder. With the players we've got I hope it's the latter, but the defensive looks weak as a back four.

To be fair though the way Israel play the defence won't be under siege. They sit back and play the counter-attack. 

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Unless you play 4-4-2 (which hardly anyone does now) then  really the only way get 2 up front is with a back 5.

Well it is a flexible formation where it could conceivably be or become 4-4-2 by just moving McTominay into midfield and O'Donnell and Robertson drop back to full-back roles.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

McFadden is a wanker.

He was my hero, but what he just said shows that he is a complete wanker. McBurnie gets stick because he has an English accent, dont be stupid you absolute moron.

Faddy can GTF now.

This - nothing to do with accent and have never heard anyone mention it. It's an easy way to ignore every other issue, so they don't have to confront the real reasons for the criticisms.

McBurnie has had multiple occasions where he's not shown the level of commitment that you'd expect at international level and has had large periods for Scotland where he's offered little.

I'd have Shankland ahead of him, as he offers something different and seems a lot more committed to the team than McBurnie.

Hopefully, McBurnie does have a good game tonight and that starts something positive for Scotland.