Coronavirus - Page 375 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

2 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever being one, a wise man once said

A very true statement. Even folk who start out with good intentions inevitably get sucked into the shit. Why anyone would want to be a politician is beyond me.Ā 
However we are stuck with what we have and I dont see many realistic alternatives .

Comparing Alex Salmonds achievements to Nicola Sturgeons ( not you ) is not particularly helpful. Ā They led in completely different times and had Ā different obstacles to overcome . Salmond did really well and made real improvements, though I imagine even the Lib Dems would have been an improvement on the previous Labour government at that time.
Sturgeon took over the job at a time where Scottish politics was split down the middle and the SNP a far greater threat . Political opponents are less likely to play ball. And like it or not the world is becoming more ā€˜wokeā€™. The things that are happening in many large companies are all getting geared towards these ideologies.Ā 

Its fine to criticise though , we are paying the governments wages and have every right to, and there is plenty to criticise Ā . But its not a job I would want and I doubt many on here would either.Ā 

I do agree with those who feel the SNP votes will be affected badly unless things improve.Ā 
Ā 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

The good will is over because a few bars sang a song at the fitba

HL, come on min.Ā 

Obviously this is just one thing however here is a huge difference in attitude towards the restrictions this time around. The council by-election in Preston, Seton and Gosford in January will be indicator of support, its Labour held but i can see support falling awayĀ 

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

@thplinthĀ we going? Get the chance to see aaid as she will be bouncing at the door checking no sturgeon critical punters get in

96CA31F0-B840-4BD3-9A0A-4B9E48C6B900.jpeg

šŸ˜€Ā oh aye count me in. FFS what did they arrest this guy for, having a laugh a Nicolaā€™s expense?Ā 

Edited by thplinth

Obviously this is just one thing however here is a huge difference in attitude towards the restrictions this time around. The council by-election in Preston, Seton and Gosford in January will be indicator of support, its Labour held but i can see support falling awayĀ 

Passions are High because people were hoping for a normal Christmas again but we've hit a set back, that's why there's a back lash.Ā 

Ā 

@thplinthĀ we going? Get the chance to see aaid as she will be bouncing at the door checking no sturgeon critical punters get in

96CA31F0-B840-4BD3-9A0A-4B9E48C6B900.jpeg

Why bring aaid into it?

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Passions are High because people were hoping for a normal Christmas again but we've hit a set back, that's why there's a back lash.Ā 

Ā 

Why bring aaid into it?

Aye yer right, passions will settle doon a bit but i do think she has burned many bridges that will take a while to rebuild as ever.

Ā 

i took aaid into it as she has took aim at me over and over again for voicing any concerns. And she loves sturgeon who in her eyes, can do nea wrong

5 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

I hope the sturgeon yellow brick road is over by I am not convinced . I do hope at the end of this and there will be an end would be a good time to get the nationalist party back underground where it belongs .

Unfortunately for you the genie is out the bottle and will not be going back in

13 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

I hope the sturgeon yellow brick road is over by I am not convinced . I do hope at the end of this and there will be an end would be a good time to get the nationalist party back underground where it belongs .

I am afraid for you the ā€˜nationalistā€™ party has progressed from a few extremists 50 years ago to a significant number of ordinary people who simply want to run their own country. By ā€˜own countryā€™ I mean Scotland, not Great Britain.Ā 
Thinking it will go underground is something only The Scarecrow would be confident of.Ā 

13 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Hahahahahahaha

Now your posts are making sense. There's no point in debating anything with you. Sturgeon could give Ā£1m and you'd still piss and moan

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Hahahahahahaha

Now your posts are making sense. There's no point in debating anything with you. Sturgeon could give Ā£1m and you'd still piss and moan

A million British pounds, what currency would it be in Scotland though? You nasty nationalists have no answers.Ā 

Rule Britannia FFS.Ā 

18 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Youā€™re going to use a council by-election in a ward where the SNP were behind Labour the last time as some form of litmus test of public opinion?

That really is desperate stuff. Ā 

Edited by aaid

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I am afraid for you the ā€˜nationalistā€™ party has progressed from a few extremists 50 years ago to a significant number of ordinary people who simply want to run their own country. By ā€˜own countryā€™ I mean Scotland, not Great Britain.Ā 
Thinking it will go underground is something only The Scarecrow would be confident of.Ā 

I deliberately used that phrase cause that is what they are in your first sentence . You have had a taste of what a nationalist Scotland would be like in recent times and itā€™s not attractiveĀ 

10 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

I deliberately used that phrase cause that is what they are in your first sentence . You have had a taste of what a nationalist Scotland would be like in recent times and itā€™s not attractiveĀ 

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Merry Christmas David, Ā from a very unattractive nationalist šŸ˜Š

According to SAGE (reported in various sources):

ā€œThe earlier interventions happen, and the more stringent they are, the more likely they are to be effective.ā€

ā€œEarlier interventions can produce the same or greater effect at lower stringency and applied for a shorter duration than interventions that come late.ā€

Presumably this is intended for the ears of the UK Government (and public), and implies it's still worth doing.

3 hours ago, aaid said:

Youā€™re going to use a council by-election in a ward where the SNP were behind Labour the last time as some form of litmus test of public opinion?

That really is desperate stuff. Ā 

Its how i decide how a party is doing, council by elections are brilliant for this, it gives trends, moods and turnouts, yes obviously it does not show the whole picture it does give an indication of the mood that was a key indicator when we got humped when TM called a snap election..you can easily keep your fingers in the ears, i wontĀ