Season 19/20 - Page 192 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I'm not. There's a page dedicated to laughing at their shite on twitter and many other places.

Something not right about you tbh

Ok, I just wondered.  Not on Twitter.  Apologies.  Just wondered why people came on here quoting FF!!!  But get it now.  So is it going to be a tainted title?  I couldn't give a monkeys either way.  Just want reconstruction.

16 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ok, I just wondered.  Not on Twitter.  Apologies.  Just wondered why people came on here quoting FF!!!  But get it now.  So is it going to be a tainted title?  I couldn't give a monkeys either way.  Just want reconstruction.

It will be the same as the excellent Kerryfail street. I suspect fans of most clubs will have similar.

1 minute ago, Stu101 said:

It will be the same as the excellent Kerryfail street. I suspect fans of most clubs will have similar.

Not on any of them Stu so wondered why a Celtic fan would know so much about a Rangers site.  But not on twitter either.  Here is enough for me, you get all sorts!!

4 hours ago, Farcity said:

They aren't really being shafted though,they are bottom of the league on merit. Four wins in over a calendar year means they thoroughly deserve to go down and it's pretty much certain they would have. 

Definitely bottom on merit at the moment, nobody could argue that. I just don’t think that with over 20 points to play for they’d have been bottom at the end of the season. How many times do you hear managers and players saying that nothing’s won in February or March, that there’s still plenty of points to be won or lost? 

Looking at the table now I think very few would predict that Rangers would win the league but it’s possible. Yes it’s very very unlikely but it is possible. Hearts could quite easily finish outside of the relegation positions. How can you give out titles or relegate teams with so many points still to play for?

Pay out money now and somehow finish the season or null and void it and split the money equally twelve ways?

1 minute ago, Tiny Tim said:

Definitely bottom on merit at the moment, nobody could argue that. I just don’t think that with over 20 points to play for they’d have been bottom at the end of the season. How many times do you hear managers and players saying that nothing’s won in February or March, that there’s still plenty of points to be won or lost? 

Looking at the table now I think very few would predict that Rangers would win the league but it’s possible. Yes it’s very very unlikely but it is possible. Hearts could quite easily finish outside of the relegation positions. How can you give out titles or relegate teams with so many points still to play for?

Pay out money now and somehow finish the season or null and void it and split the money equally twelve ways?

Totally agree.

What they have done makes no sense at all but that's Scottish football.

31 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Except the majority of them are completely made up as opposed to direct quotes from FF

Most huns know this already, you must have not got the memo

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

If you null and void, would sponsors be looking for some compensation?

Not unless the contract was drafted in such a way- which would be pretty odd. They may have losses, but unless the SPFL failed to mitigate again the same, these would be pretty small.

Edited by Stu101

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

If you null and void, would sponsors be looking for some compensation?

No idea but nulling and voiding a season with just 8 games left is a worse option than declaring the winners early. I really don't see why we can't jut play the remaining games when it is safe to do so, even if it means waiting until 2021

The whole situation is tailor made for a switch to summer football but, sadly, that won't happen. 

I think with players contracts expiring, pre-contracts etc etc  just means this cannot drag on for months and months, its not feasible. I reckon in the next month or so most leagues will either declare or cancel

4 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

No idea but nulling and voiding a season with just 8 games left is a worse option than declaring the winners early. I really don't see why we can't jut play the remaining games when it is safe to do so, even if it means waiting until 2021

Is the correct and logical answer that leaves no grey areas (from a sporting point of view).  Everything else can surely be negotiated to a compromise. 

I look forward to "but you didnae win 9/10/11 in a row" being as continually entertaining as the old club/new club pish in years to come.

11 minutes ago, Farcity said:

The whole situation is tailor made for a switch to summer football but, sadly, that won't happen. 

I think with players contracts expiring, pre-contracts etc etc  just means this cannot drag on for months and months, its not feasible. I reckon in the next month or so most leagues will either declare or cancel

I agree its a perfect chance to rip up large swathes of what's gone wrong in the game and start again but that will no doubt be spunked up the wall.  

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5497895/spfl-reconstruction-look-14-10-10-10-leagues/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=scottishsunfootballfacebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1587036369

A very weird article.

'The move would see one other Championship side join Dundee United in the top division with the Jambos avoiding the drop.
Falkirk would join Raith Rovers in the Championship while Edinburgh City would follow Cove from League Two to League One.'

They name Falkirk and Edinburgh City but say one other championship team...

1 hour ago, iainmac1 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5497895/spfl-reconstruction-look-14-10-10-10-leagues/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=scottishsunfootballfacebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1587036369

A very weird article.

'The move would see one other Championship side join Dundee United in the top division with the Jambos avoiding the drop.
Falkirk would join Raith Rovers in the Championship while Edinburgh City would follow Cove from League Two to League One.'

They name Falkirk and Edinburgh City but say one other championship team...

That is a bit strange. Theres no way it can be any club other than ICT.